CNBC Mark Haines interview this AM

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

CNBC Mark Haines interview this AM

Postby Pennysaved » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:53 am

Not sure how many of you watch CNBC in the AM but I do while I am getting ready or at the gym.

Mark Haines was interviewing some metal analyst who was bullish on silver saying he thought this was just a minor drawback.

Mark was a tad antagonistic saying that it was more speculators running up the price of silver while the guest was saying there are real increases in demand ie medical uses, electronics like IPAD etc.

Was kind of suprised how much he was making the guest be defensive.

I didn't get to hear the whole interview since I was rushing out.
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Re: CNBC Mark Haines interview this AM

Postby Market Harmony » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:07 am

That's one of the best contrarian indicators... CNBC commentators are spoon fed puppets.

I can remember interviews of some of the smartest people out there, proclaiming that things were not as they seem and the smart folks at CNBC gunning them down...

The worst part is that in a few months, when their guest is proven to be right, the commentators suddenly take up that as a fact that they always known about and always supported. The guest is usually never recognized or given any credit.

They only want to be able to pat themselves on the back, and anyone going against their grain is the enemy.
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby inflationhawk » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:11 am

Yes, but how any people complained and screamed how CNBC cheer led the Internet bubble or the housing bubble without seriously challenging guest analysts? They are now taking a pragmatic approach and seriously questioning what could appear to be a bubble. Whether it is or isn't, only time will tell. I appreciate the questions and skepticism if it brings out more information to make an informed decision one way or the other.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Know Common Cents » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:53 am

Mark Haines often misspeaks and one of the bimbos tries to make light of it. I believe he's soon to be put out to pasture if CNBC can find a way to do it gracefully.

Anyway, whether it's a comment by him or someone else, they all share the same brain (i.e. The Borg) and have been proven wrong more often than right. The only independent thinker seems to be Rick Santelli of the CME who can get away with occasional truthful homeruns in spite of the others trying to keep him quiet.

CNBC, Bloomberg and Fox Business all have their own agenda and, like anything else, the viewer/listener must blend in their own knowledge as well as common sense when determining what to believe.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals