$1600 gold here we come???

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

$1600 gold here we come???

Postby Pennysaved » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:47 pm

Gold took off after the Fed comments; gold up in the $1520 range now.
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Re: $1600 gold here we come???

Postby Country » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:07 pm

Everyone should own some GOLD. Even if you love your SILVER, having an allocation of GOLD is something special. :mrgreen:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:26 pm

As much as I like my silver for it's potential profitability... there's just something magical about holding a gleaming, glistening, golden coin - which amazes you by its heft - in your hand, and appreciating its beauty. But that's what fractionals are for... damned ounces are just going to be too big for practicality a few years from now.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:33 pm

beauanderos wrote:As much as I like my silver for it's potential profitability... there's just something magical about holding a gleaming, glistening, golden coin - which amazes you by its heft - in your hand, and appreciating its beauty. But that's what fractionals are for... damned ounces are just going to be too big for practicality a few years from now.

Practicality? to heck with practicality.....love me some double eagles. :P
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Treetop » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:13 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:
beauanderos wrote:As much as I like my silver for it's potential profitability... there's just something magical about holding a gleaming, glistening, golden coin - which amazes you by its heft - in your hand, and appreciating its beauty. But that's what fractionals are for... damned ounces are just going to be too big for practicality a few years from now.

Practicality? to heck with practicality.....love me some double eagles. :P

That is one coin I intend to own one day. Im betting silver makes up ground on gold, and at some point if this proves true, i will move some into gold. When I do I will have a double eagle for sure. The rest in 1/4oz. fractionals or smaller for the reasons ray said.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby hejira11 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:42 pm

I bought an ounce bar before The Bernank's Q&A. By the time he finished speaking I broke even on the transaction. :D
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby jtlee321 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:08 am

I picked up a 1908 Quarter Eagle last night for about $15.00!!

I belong to a metal detecting club and we have a monthly meeting. We have a raffle at every meeting and the big prize each month is a gold coin. They typically are Quarter Eagles or 1/10th oz fractionals. I bought $15.00 dollars worth of tickets and the very last ticket I had was the winning one! I was so excited. My first gold and it is an Indian Head. I have been wanting one of these for sooooo long now, and I finally get one for well under spot. :D
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Postby Know Common Cents » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:07 pm

I'd rather have an orderly price rise than one that jumps $20/day. I want these prices to stick and build upon themself for a long, long time.

My long term target is $1750/oz by August 1st. From there it's anyone's guess. Is there a career in alchemy?
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals