Help please, advice on buying collection

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Help please, advice on buying collection

Postby Somnophore » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:09 am

I've been contacted by someone on another forum (non PM related) to say he has a lot of silver proof coins he has inherited from his dad, and he wants to sell them to share the cash between his kids, it sounds like he obviously knows they are worth money but doesn't know what.

Personally I know little about uk sterling proof coins, seen a fee on auction sites so have an idea but would probably have to low ball him a bit to be sure of a profit, I am out of work at the moment too which means I need the cash, have got some funds to flip them quick but don't know how to go about offering, should I just offer spot based upon weight then if I can sell for a Numis profit then great.
Somnophore
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Help please, advice on buying collection

Postby Tourney64 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:00 pm

Make the person understands you aren't going to pay retail up front.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Re: Help please, advice on buying collection

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:06 pm

The coin shop in my area is paying about 80% of spot.
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals