Gauging a building top for silver

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Gauging a building top for silver

Postby JerrySpringer » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:38 pm

Do you suppose we will be tipped off to a temporary (?) market top for silver when we see the dealer buy prices start dropping percentage of spot offered? If one tries with some bit of effort, selling your silver at spot price is not a problem. It will interesting to see if demand peters out and buy prices from general public fall off a cliff before the spot does. Could that even happen? Seems like spot is a pretty good gauge of what you can get when you sell.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Gauging a building top for silver

Postby beauanderos » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:45 am

You might have something there. Hard to say. According to Patrick Heller, a coin dealer who also puts out some excellent analysis, the buyers are still outnumbering the sellers ten to one.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Gauging a building top for silver

Postby neilgin1 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:24 pm

i learned a bitter lesson in my youth...i never "bought" the huge secular bull market in 83, when i was right there. i remember wise floor traders, telling me, dont stand in the way of a bull, kid. The bull lasted decades and i missed out, because i was seeing then, whats happening NOW.

Percious metals are for the king, and for those who dont trust the king.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals