Morgan and Peace Dollar $55 maybe

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Morgan and Peace Dollar $55 maybe

Postby NDFarmer » Sun May 01, 2011 12:00 pm

byro007 wrote:Then they also said it was 1 set per person.

Has anyone received their one set yet? I still have not seen anything.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Pachucko » Sun May 01, 2011 10:34 pm

RR GUY wrote:Same here. Purchased a set three weeks ago and my card was promptly charged. E-mailed last week and I was told that the coins are on back-order. How do you back-order a 100 year old coin? Its not like you can mint more. What are they waiting for a 30-40% correction in silver prices? I assume that most of their stock cost them about $15-20 per coin.

I would have no problem believing they ran out of stock. Once these deals hit the net they go quick.
Pachucko
Penny Collector Member

Postby Pachucko » Sun May 01, 2011 10:37 pm

NDFarmer wrote:
byro007 wrote:Then they also said it was 1 set per person.

Has anyone received their one set yet? I still have not seen anything.

Yes, I got mine a couple of weeks ago. About two days later I got a call from a very nice lady who left her number and extension. She was going to be my personal account rep or something and said to call her if I needed anything coin related. I've also gotten a catalog and one flyer I believe.
Pachucko
Penny Collector Member

Postby marblerye » Mon May 02, 2011 11:15 am

Ordered on 4/18 and received confirmation email that day, noticed they charged my CC on 4/19. Haven't heard anything since. Confirmation email does say back ordered items may take up to 4 weeks to deliver.
marblerye

Postby aloneibreak » Mon May 02, 2011 12:33 pm

charged my paypal 4/18

havent heard anything since

i dont mind waiting for this good deal but i'd at least like to know whats going on
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby Cleaner44 » Tue May 03, 2011 1:06 am

I have been charged for mine and supposedly they have shipped. Looking forward to getting them.
Cleaner44

Postby moneydog » Tue May 03, 2011 1:48 am

RR GUY wrote:Same here. Purchased a set three weeks ago and my card was promptly charged. E-mailed last week and I was told that the coins are on back-order. How do you back-order a 100 year old coin? Its not like you can mint more. What are they waiting for a 30-40% correction in silver prices? I assume that most of their stock cost them about $15-20 per coin.

good question :lol: lmao
moneydog
Penny Pincher Member

Postby aloneibreak » Sun May 08, 2011 9:32 pm

emailed them on friday

kristine replied they were on backorder and would be mailed this week

we'll see....
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Sun May 08, 2011 10:15 pm

Have not heard anything yet either.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby hejira11 » Sun May 08, 2011 10:43 pm

I called a total of 2 times. I got a call back Firday that I let go to v/m cause I didn't recognize the #. The rep said the coins are on their way. I'll post when I get them.
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Mon May 09, 2011 5:06 am

They got their ideal chance to grab whatever coins they were short during the downturn.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby surething » Mon May 09, 2011 8:28 am

Got my Morgan and Peace dollar finally after the market plunged. Oh well it will not be long before we get cranked up again over 50.
surething
Penny Sorter Member

Postby marblerye » Sat May 14, 2011 11:37 am

Still haven't seen my coins so I called them today. Got through to their answering service, they took my name and number and said someone from IC Coin would call me on Monday. This is getting a little ridiculous, I first placed my ordered on 18 April.
marblerye

Postby aloneibreak » Sat May 14, 2011 12:09 pm

my status got changed to *shipped * yesterday the 13th

we'll see....

one for thing for certain - i'll never use them again - no matter how "good" the deal

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sat May 14, 2011 3:00 pm

If they are delivered period, it'll still be a good deal. Looked on ebay and prices for Morgan/Peace dollars are crazy. Can't get one for less than $38 delivered, no how, no way.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Deathwish_DW » Sat May 14, 2011 3:58 pm

Filed a dispute with paypal since mine were never shipped.
Deathwish_DW
Penny Pincher Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat May 14, 2011 4:49 pm

I just put in a paypal dispute also, in hopes of jogging it free. Would rather have the dollars than the refund, but if they aren't going to ship, I want the money.

A dispute needs to be done within 45 days, so only a couple of weeks left in that for most of us. Just a reminder.
68Camaro

Postby Diggin4copper » Sat May 14, 2011 5:22 pm

Im on the edge of a dispute.. what realy irks me is they have called twice, sent 2 brochures, and emailed me 5 or six times to get me to buy more from them before sending me the coins...
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Mon May 16, 2011 5:38 pm

Dispute response today (16th) of my dispute of 14th, was that they shipped on the 13th. I'll post when it actually arrives...
68Camaro

Postby NDFarmer » Mon May 16, 2011 6:21 pm

68Camaro wrote:If they are delivered period, it'll still be a good deal. Looked on ebay and prices for Morgan/Peace dollars are crazy. Can't get one for less than $38 delivered, no how, no way.

Yeah prices on Ebay are nuts. Almost as bad as a coin auction. There very few Morgans go for less than $50.00 and if they have any quality at all to them they go for $60.00 and $70.00 it is just nuts. And I am talking common dates.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby marblerye » Tue May 17, 2011 1:25 pm

OK, I called again and they said the coins were shipped on 5/13. Apparently shipping might take as long as 7-10 business days.
marblerye

Postby Pennysaved » Tue May 17, 2011 1:39 pm

I got a message on my cell phone last Friday from a company representative that there is a delay in processing my order but that it would be filled. She did not give me a time frame though.
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Diggin4copper » Wed May 18, 2011 9:08 am

Filed a Paypal dispute today....

Edit to say= 1 hr later ther coins arrived in the mail! Thats service! Coins are in good shape, 1921 Morgan, 1922 Peace
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby blackrabbit » Thu May 19, 2011 3:14 pm

Finally got my dollars. Same dates and as diggin4copper. Also good shape.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby justoneguy » Thu May 19, 2011 4:42 pm

i got mine today also
my morgan has a huge scratch on the reverse.
the peace dollar has been cleaned.
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals