Monetizing the "Libertad". Radical Mexican idea?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Monetizing the "Libertad". Radical Mexican idea?

Postby PennyPauper » Fri May 20, 2011 11:14 pm

IMO excellent idea!

http://www.dollarvigilante.com/blog/201 ... ilver.html

What are your thoughts?
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Monetizing the "Libertad". Radical Mexican idea?

Postby blackrabbit » Fri May 20, 2011 11:40 pm

Great idea! I hope they do that. Re-monetizing silver would be awesome, but I doubt the banksters will allow it to happen.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby PennyPauper » Fri May 20, 2011 11:52 pm

It is about time we realize "we the people" out number the bankers.
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby blackrabbit » Sat May 21, 2011 12:08 am

I totally agree. That is one of the main reasons I like metal as money, bankers can't create it out of thin air. Re-monetizing silver would give more wealth to the people.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby PennyPauper » Sat May 21, 2011 12:10 am

out of thin air=sorcery Damn the wizards!
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Treetop » Sat May 21, 2011 1:59 am

i think that is ingenious. Since you arent stamping the coins with a value, and raise the value determined in pesos but dont lower it, they would never leave circulation. Sure people might horde them, almost certainly would.... but they wouldnt end up melted.

youd have more hard assets in more peoples hands. sure we wont be in a bull market forever.. but that is still wise imo.

you could do the same thing with copper and gold no doubt. Bank have to keep a certain percentage of capitol on hand, if much of it was in the form of gold even though its face value was less then melt, it would lessen the blow if bigger monetary issues were ever to occur.

I never heard of a similar idea put quite like this, I think this could work very well with many benefits, and be done immediately in most any country that mints gold or silver.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sat May 21, 2011 7:26 am

I think if we were to go to any kind of PM standard while starting within the existing system, short of total collapse, it would have to be by that same or similar method. Assign a value to an ounce of PM which is higher than market price, allow it to float up, but never to sink down.

I have several libertads that I had been thinking of trading for ASEs. Guess I'll keep them. ;)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Dumpster Diver » Sat May 21, 2011 3:09 pm

Sweet...I just bought five. IMO one of the most beautiful coins ever made.
Dumpster Diver
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals