Everybody Buy Silver Day

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Everybody Buy Silver Day

Postby Market Harmony » Mon May 23, 2011 12:36 pm

I think this can work, but it MUST be viral, therefore it will take some action on your part:

- We need to set a date on which, no matter the price of silver, everyone buys at least 1 oz of physical silver
- We need to build a list of solid, unimpeachable, irrefutable, FACTS of why to buy silver
- Once this date is set, then everyone needs to tell everyone they know and don't know, throughout day to day life and on the internet, that they need to buy silver on that day
- The list of reasons should accompany all communications regarding "Buy Silver Day"

We are a relatively small group of people, but we CAN spread a message if we involve everyone else. Think about all those email that you get and send among friends and colleagues... this is even better. But, it has to be concisely to the point, and it needs to give people direction on WHAT to buy and WHERE to buy Silver.

So, HELP US ALL OUT...

When should the date be?
What facts should the message include?
What are some ways to make this very viral?

Thanks for the help and contribution to what might become a HUGE event which won't be ignored.
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Re: Everybody Buy Silver Day

Postby Market Harmony » Mon May 23, 2011 12:38 pm

My contribution:

DATE: Aug 26th, 2011

FACTS:
- no counterparty risk
- easily exchangeable for cash or goods across the globe
- limited supply
- huge price appreciation

I'm sure there is MUCH more. Please help
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.

Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Mon May 23, 2011 12:39 pm

I think IF you could get such an idea viral, that it may indeed have interesting impacts on the market.... Im down.... My internet knowledge includes signing onto websites and forums. So I cant help you there. But Im down if such an idea ever got moving.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Market Harmony » Mon May 23, 2011 12:50 pm

Treetop wrote:I think IF you could get such an idea viral, that it may indeed have interesting impacts on the market.... Im down.... My internet knowledge includes signing onto websites and forums. So I cant help you there. But Im down if such an idea ever got moving.

wrong attitude :D

It CAN happen, and you CAN do something to contribute even if you tell people about it. It takes minor actions to get this moving.

Every avalanche starts with just one snowflake.
Every buried treasure found starts with a just one grain of dirt removed
Every flood starts with a drop of rain

This CAN be done, but it NEEDS that first little start. This thread is it.

Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Postby aloneibreak » Mon May 23, 2011 12:56 pm

definately have a list of places people can go to buy

ideally there would be many first-time silver buyers - they wont know the reputable sites we all know
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Mon May 23, 2011 1:02 pm

aloneibreak wrote:definately have a list of places people can go to buy

ideally there would be many first-time silver buyers - they wont know the reputable sites we all know

People won't buy just one ounce of silver from an online site... the shipping would kill them. More yes, but if the point is to get them to buy ONE ounce, they need to visit their local coin shop. They should do so before that date to gather familiarity and perhaps introduce themselves. My question would be "I wonder if this got out in advance... if shop owner's would jack up their premiums for that one day?"
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Treetop » Mon May 23, 2011 1:02 pm

Market Harmony wrote:This CAN be done, but it NEEDS that first little start. This thread is it.

I believe!! :lol:
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby scrapper2010 » Mon May 23, 2011 1:07 pm

beauanderos wrote:

People won't buy just one ounce of silver from an online site... the shipping would kill them. More yes, but if the point is to get them to buy ONE ounce, they need to visit their local coin shop. They should do so before that date to gather familiarity and perhaps introduce themselves. My question would be "I wonder if this got out in advance... if shop owner's would jack up their premiums for that one day?"

eBay!
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Market Harmony » Mon May 23, 2011 1:08 pm

beauanderos wrote:

"at least" 1 ounce... there will be no limit to the buy size

You make a good point in regards to word getting out to dealers so they jack up the prices. I don't think that is good business practice, so the long term businesses probably won't do this. But, you never know...

Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Mon May 23, 2011 1:09 pm

There really are no decent local shops here. To beat the shipping costs there is always bullion direct. you can accumulate silver then pay for shipping later after you have a nice pile.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby TXBullion » Mon May 23, 2011 2:39 pm

You can always go here to buy one ounce shipped for only 3$ over.
http://www.silvertowne.com/

They say 4 week lead time but last time it was only a week or two
TXBullion

Postby beauanderos » Mon May 23, 2011 2:48 pm

One thing we could do to simplify others buying silver is for each of us to carry 20 or so silver rounds or bars and sell them at melt to anyone interested on that day. We could "clean house" and spread the word at the same time. Whether we purchased the silver a week before or not doesn't make a difference, does it?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby fasTT » Mon May 23, 2011 2:50 pm

Spotmex, support our members.
fasTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby gojomoso » Mon May 23, 2011 2:56 pm

TXBullion wrote:You can always go here to buy one ounce shipped for only 3$ over.
http://www.silvertowne.com/

They say 4 week lead time but last time it was only a week or two

ya for me it was only 3 days, that includes shipping time
"No, Seriously Officer, it's all coins"

SELLING COINS, PENNY/SILVER SORTERS, CANVAS BAGS, AND OTHER RANDOM THINGS!!!!!!
http://gojomoso.weebly.com/
gojomoso
Penny Pincher Member

Postby sparechange » Mon May 23, 2011 3:33 pm

Great idea to do that. Maybe get some online vendors on board after date is set, and they might ship for free or discount if they think they will get the business. Also spread word on facebook and twitter.
Always drink upstream from politicians, they tend to foul things up.
sparechange
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TXBullion » Mon May 23, 2011 4:47 pm

Is the primary purpose of this to create awareness of silver in general?
TXBullion

Postby Corsair » Mon May 23, 2011 4:50 pm

TXBullion wrote:Is the primary purpose of this to create awareness of silver in general?

I'm with Jack. Are we trying to hike the price of silver? Lower it? Keep it steady?

Or are we supposed to break the all-important silence about our investing habits and tell others to buy in? Isn't one of the montras on this site to never, ever, ever, ever, ever talk to anyone about silver and gold?
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Market Harmony » Mon May 23, 2011 6:43 pm

TXBullion wrote:Is the primary purpose of this to create awareness of silver in general?

Corsair wrote:I'm with Jack. Are we trying to hike the price of silver? Lower it? Keep it steady?

Or are we supposed to break the all-important silence about our investing habits and tell others to buy in? Isn't one of the montras on this site to never, ever, ever, ever, ever talk to anyone about silver and gold?

This has nothing to do with price and everything to do with awareness. I bet there are a lot of people that have heard about silver and gold as investments, yet still haven't purchased any. These people need a little push. This isn't about trying to create some kind of huge tsunami of buyers. In order to get people involved there needs to be appeal. Perhaps a day like "buy silver day" might create that appeal by going viral.

You don't have to disclose anything about your investing habits. Make it easy, use a concise email letter like I mentioned, or ask people whether they heard about buy silver day.

Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Corsair » Mon May 23, 2011 6:55 pm

Sounds interesting. I'd be in if we could get a good, solid argument for the Average Joe.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby justj2k78 » Mon May 23, 2011 7:26 pm

Corsair wrote:

I'm with Jack. Are we trying to hike the price of silver? Lower it? Keep it steady?

That's where I'm at. My wife and you people are the only folks I talk to about my silver. I realize I wouldn't have to divulge any details, but when I say I don't talk about silver, I mean it. I'm more than happy for all the world to think I'm ignorant to the existence of silver. My wife knows and I know. That's it. Not trying to be a killjoy, but that's part of my plan to keep my stash and family safe.
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rosco » Mon May 23, 2011 7:28 pm

I would support this an personalize it with local coin shops for the locals I contact.

a concise list of reasons an the date but give it time to circulate in the Stacker Community.
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby TXBullion » Mon May 23, 2011 7:35 pm

Im not saying this in a way to shoot down the idea or talk it down. I just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing any other component. I think its a very interesting idea and want to make sure I get the meaning behind it :D
TXBullion

Postby shinnosuke » Thu May 26, 2011 5:18 am

Market Harmony wrote:My contribution:

DATE: Aug 26th, 2011

FACTS:
- no counterparty risk
- easily exchangeable for cash or goods across the globe
- limited supply
- huge price appreciation

I'm sure there is MUCH more. Please help

Great ideas. Let's keep discussing and refining.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby TXBullion » Thu May 26, 2011 6:54 am

i like it
TXBullion

Postby Pennybug » Fri May 27, 2011 7:42 am

That's where I'm at. My wife and you people are the only folks I talk to about my silver. I realize I wouldn't have to divulge any details, but when I say I don't talk about silver, I mean it. I'm more than happy for all the world to think I'm ignorant to the existence of silver. My wife knows and I know. That's it. Not trying to be a killjoy, but that's part of my plan to keep my stash and family safe.

Man... I'm SOO close to being right there with you... BUT... I've found that if I keep my mouth shut... I don't find good deals! I have small random conversations with folks that have soo often lead to GREAT knowledge or to... better yet... finding good deals on silver for sale! Case in point... I went to 2x yard sales last week. I asked if they had any old coins or guns for sale. The 1st was a sweet little old lady who brought out a 357 (no kidding... :lol: :shock: ). She wanted the original price for it so I didn't go for it. The second was a lady who's son overheard me and promptly ran in and came out with 2x folders full of old foreign stuff. Passed that up too... didn't see any gold or good silver in it and he wanted too much for it. Had some good IH and Buffalo's though.

The morale I learned here was that if I keep my mouth shut... I'd have never known about these "deals". I could give you a few other good examples... but I've learned to bring up coins and alike casually with folks. One trick I use is that I NEVER say gold or silver. I come off as a Numismatic collector who knows NOTHING of their metal content. But I do battle with this because I'm VERY MUCH on line with what you are saying and why though. :ugeek:
Pennybug
Penny Collector Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals