Rhodium Rounds

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Rhodium Rounds

Postby shinnosuke » Tue May 24, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi, anyone have a source for 1toz medallions made of rhodium? I ran across someone who wants to buy some.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Rhodium Rounds

Postby brian0918 » Tue May 24, 2011 6:20 pm

I think rhodium is too brittle to be made into a round. You have to buy it in a sponge. See here:

https://online.kitco.com/bullion/comple ... ml#rhodium
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Tue May 24, 2011 6:57 pm

So the website for Cohen Mint talking about rhodium "coins" is bogus?
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Tue May 24, 2011 7:05 pm

Cohen Mint is legit. There are rounds made of Rhodium although I do not know where to get a one ouncer.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby NotABigDeal » Tue May 24, 2011 7:30 pm

I wouldn't buy anything from the Cohen Mint. Calling them legit is a stretch....

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Thogey » Tue May 24, 2011 7:32 pm

I think we beat up Cohen on old RC.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby NotABigDeal » Tue May 24, 2011 7:39 pm

Yep. And rightly so. I wonder if everyone ever got all their stuff.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

NotABigDeal

Postby natsb88 » Tue May 24, 2011 8:08 pm

Cohen supposedly makes a 1 ozt rhodium bar and round, but I don't know if they have actually shipped any yet. This is on the front page of their website:

APR 2011 ATTENTION CUSTOMERS:
DUE TO AN UNEXPECTED HEALTH ISSUE,
THE EITAN COHEN IS TEMPORARILY SUSPENDING
ACCEPTANCE OF NEW ORDERS

ALL ORDERS SO FAR BOOKED WILL BE FULFILLED AS
FAST AS ABILITY ALLOWS
natsb88

Postby Neckro » Tue May 24, 2011 8:32 pm

He got AIDS from [fluffing] everyone who ever placed an order with him.
natsb88 wrote:Cohen supposedly makes a 1 ozt rhodium bar and round, but I don't know if they have actually shipped any yet. This is on the front page of their website:

ACCEPTANCE OF NEW ORDERS

FAST AS ABILITY ALLOWS
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Tue May 24, 2011 8:49 pm

OK, rhodium in a coin-shaped format, from somewhere other than Cohen...any ideas?
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NotABigDeal » Tue May 24, 2011 8:51 pm

Neckro wrote:He got AIDS from [fluffing] everyone who ever placed an order with him.
natsb88 wrote:Cohen supposedly makes a 1 ozt rhodium bar and round, but I don't know if they have actually shipped any yet. This is on the front page of their website:

ACCEPTANCE OF NEW ORDERS

FAST AS ABILITY ALLOWS

Hehe. One of the best posts ever!!!!

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

NotABigDeal

Postby daviscfad » Tue May 24, 2011 8:59 pm

yea this was discussed on the old forum. Maybe you could pm copper catcher i know well at least i think he was one who ordered from there. I dont remember if he got the coins or not.
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Copper Catcher » Tue May 24, 2011 9:13 pm

Now, now guys be nice... All this was a long time ago it seems, I did finally get the rhodium coins i.e. tokens but at the time he sold only one gram coins. It took a long time and I had to get American Express involved letting him know the charges would be reversed unless the coins were shipped.
Copper Catcher

Postby shinnosuke » Tue May 24, 2011 10:43 pm

Copper Catcher wrote:Now, now guys be nice... All this was a long time ago it seems, I did finally get the rhodium coins i.e. tokens but at the time he sold only one gram coins. It took a long time and I had to get American Express involved letting him know the charges would be reversed unless the coins were shipped.

So do you want to sell your 1 gram token now? Or do you know of another place to obtain a similar item?
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby RxForPain » Tue May 24, 2011 10:58 pm

If you want to buy Rhodium I would suggest going to Kitco for the Rodium Sponge.

https://online.kitco.com/selltokitco/se ... ml#rhodium]
RxForPain
Penny Pincher Member

Postby blackrabbit » Tue May 24, 2011 11:03 pm

Wow, Rhodium is the cheapest it has been in a long time!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Tue May 24, 2011 11:15 pm

RxForPain wrote:If you want to buy Rhodium I would suggest going to Kitco for the Rodium Sponge.

My contact asked for coins, I suppose he knows about the sponge but is not interested.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed May 25, 2011 7:35 am

Neckro wrote:He got AIDS from f##k##g everyone who ever placed an order with him.

ACCEPTANCE OF NEW ORDERS

FAST AS ABILITY ALLOWS

Well this is the funiest/truest post ever made on RC. Glad I got to read it before the MIB remove it.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed May 25, 2011 7:45 am

Rhodium sponge?

This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby shinnosuke » Wed May 25, 2011 9:09 am

Rodebaugh wrote:Rhodium sponge?

My thread has been hijacked. :cry:

So, hey, you, Mr. Dr. Rodes Scholar, know where I can get some Rode-ium rounds?
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby highroller4321 » Wed May 25, 2011 9:34 am

shinnosuke wrote:
RxForPain wrote:If you want to buy Rhodium I would suggest going to Kitco for the Rodium Sponge.

My contact asked for coins, I suppose he knows about the sponge but is not interested.

If he/she is asking for coins than he/she probably is not very familair with Rhodium. As stated before Rhodium is extremly brittle and almost impossible to make into bars/rounds. I would tell your client about the sponge because my guess is he/she doesn't know about it.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby shinnosuke » Wed May 25, 2011 10:59 am

highroller4321 wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:

If he/she is asking for coins than he/she probably is not very familair with Rhodium. As stated before Rhodium is extremly brittle and almost impossible to make into bars/rounds. I would tell your client about the sponge because my guess is he/she doesn't know about it.

OK, thanks for the advice.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby psi » Wed May 25, 2011 11:14 am

Wow, looks like there is a steep discount for the opened jars. Would they still contain a full ounce though?
psi
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby brian0918 » Wed May 25, 2011 11:34 am

psi wrote:Wow, looks like there is a steep discount for the opened jars. Would they still contain a full ounce though?

If it's opened, I don't know how you would determine whether the powder was even rhodium, let alone a full ounce. Would you buy a silver/gold bar that had clearly been cut in half and then put back together, without being able to determine what's inside?
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Mossy » Wed May 25, 2011 12:08 pm

"Sealed jars", eh?

Seems to me I recall some bags of "gemstones" that were "guarenteed" to contain valuable gemstones, so long as the bag had not been opened.

"Pig in a poke"?
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals