Check this out......

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Check this out......

Postby csb3tennessee » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:14 pm

Just ran across this on a very well known auction site... I'm not computer savvy enough to provide the direct link, but here is the item # if you want to check it out. Pretty amazing.
:o
csb3tennessee
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Check this out......

Postby TXBullion » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:31 pm

all the tell tale signs of a rip off. I clicked report item
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby barrytrot » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:36 pm

A better return than even bitcoins though if they are real!
barrytrot

Postby coppertone » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:40 pm

96 sold!
coppertone
Penny Pincher Member

Postby barrytrot » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:45 pm

Location of seller: China, Hong Kong

I wouldn't chance it. I know everyone is saying, "paypal will give us our money back". Probably. But not 100%. And your money will be in limbo for quite some time first.

Or it could be real: a seller with ZERO other coin related sales I could find in his feedback suddenly comes up with over 10,700 Peace dollars! (96 sold + at least 11 remaining)

And even though he came up with 10,700 Peace dollars he is so incredibly out of touch with the price it is unreal.
barrytrot

Postby csb3tennessee » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:46 pm

TXBullion wrote:all the tell tale signs of a rip off. I clicked report item

I'm glad you did that- I wasn't sure about the proper procedure for doing that. I'm just amazed at the number of buyers... Although I was wondering about this scenario: suppose you buy them on a chance (which is 0) that these are not counterfeit. You pay thru paypal, get the coins (which is not a sure thing either), realize they're fake, get a refund thru paypal. If they are real, :roll: you hit the jackpot. Its just a roll of the dice. Is my logic wrong? Just wondering.................
csb3tennessee
Penny Pincher Member

Postby barrytrot » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:49 pm

csb3tennessee wrote:

I'm glad you did that- I wasn't sure about the proper procedure for doing that. I'm just amazed at the number of buyers... Although I was wondering about this scenario: suppose you buy them on a chance (which is 0) that these are not counterfeit. You pay thru paypal, get the coins (which is not a sure thing either), realize they're fake, get a refund thru paypal. If they are real, :roll: you hit the jackpot. Its just a roll of the dice. Is my logic wrong? Just wondering.................

Your logic is sound. However it lacks a couple points:

1. Time is money. Going through all that will take up some of your valuable and FINITE time.

2. It will also "take time" to recover your money. In the meantime, you may have wanted to use it elsewhere.

3. There is a very small chance (unless you use American Express) that Paypal would not fully refund you. With Amex there is zero chance of not being refunded as Amex quite simply hates merchants.
barrytrot

Postby TXBullion » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:05 pm

barrytrot wrote:
csb3tennessee wrote:

1. Time is money. Going through all that will take up some of your valuable and FINITE time.

2. It will also "take time" to recover your money. In the meantime, you may have wanted to use it elsewhere.

3. There is a very small chance (unless you use American Express) that Paypal would not fully refund you. With Amex there is zero chance of not being refunded as Amex quite simply hates merchants.

Me and at least one other member did this a while back. Same picture, same scenario. Listing was later pulled by ebay and paypal disputes were filed and we got our money back :D
TXBullion

Postby csb3tennessee » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:09 pm

barrytrot wrote:
csb3tennessee wrote:

Good points- thanks!
csb3tennessee
Penny Pincher Member

Postby barrytrot » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:16 pm

TXBullion wrote:Me and at least one other member did this a while back. Same picture, same scenario. Listing was later pulled by ebay and paypal disputes were filed and we got our money back :D

So was it worth it? Zero profit and time wasted. No chance of a gain. I don't recommend it :)
barrytrot

Postby TXBullion » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:29 pm

barrytrot wrote:
TXBullion wrote:Me and at least one other member did this a while back. Same picture, same scenario. Listing was later pulled by ebay and paypal disputes were filed and we got our money back :D

So was it worth it? Zero profit and time wasted. No chance of a gain. I don't recommend it :)

Only worth it if it benefits someone else from saving time :D Kind of like the nigerian lotteries, maybe this time its legit :lol: ( Note: I dont go for those :D )
TXBullion

Postby Treetop » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:38 pm

I dont think there is any chance these are real. This person is ambitious enough to sell items internationally online, and presumably make a profit of some level. surely if they came across 1000s of peace dollars such a person would try to find the best price when selling them. this was a lot of money generated fast. was it the type of buy it now you have to pay for it right away? things like this have me hesitant to buy morgans or peace dollars at all.

Its possible the person thinks they are real, and has a connection for a steady supply at a set price. but then why the but it now of such a low price? the seller would of looked for the best price and tried to get that. a seller who sold hundreds of items at 1-2 bucks a pop. Built up a good respectible feedback, then sold 35k in silver at basement prices in a day....

HA! I just went and checked, sure enough the buyer wants immediate payment with paypal. :roll: :lol:

Its a complete scam, someone just made more then they would of made over a few year period.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:20 pm

Treetop wrote:I dont think there is any chance these are real. This person is ambitious enough to sell items internationally online, and presumably make a profit of some level. surely if they came across 1000s of peace dollars such a person would try to find the best price when selling them. this was a lot of money generated fast. was it the type of buy it now you have to pay for it right away?

Yes, I tested it and they required you to PAY IMMEDIATELY.
barrytrot

Postby barrytrot » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:21 pm

Treetop wrote:Its possible the person thinks they are real, and has a connection for a steady supply at a set price. but then why the but it now of such a low price? the seller would of looked for the best price and tried to get that. a seller who sold hundreds of items at 1-2 bucks a pop. Built up a good respectible feedback, then sold 35k in silver at basement prices in a day....

It is not possible whatsoever for the person to think they are real. If they did they would sell them close to market.

As you mention the person is distinguished enough to sell oversees and such. And they have sold a LOT on eBay (although not coins). This is 100% scam. No doubt.
barrytrot

Postby barrytrot » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:28 pm

$46,898.66 (gross) made so far. Around $41,739.81 after fees.

Apparently they had over 14,500 Peace dollars just waiting to send for practically face value :)
barrytrot

Postby Corsair » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:32 pm

"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:46 pm

barrytrot wrote:
Treetop wrote:I dont think there is any chance these are real. This person is ambitious enough to sell items internationally online, and presumably make a profit of some level. surely if they came across 1000s of peace dollars such a person would try to find the best price when selling them. this was a lot of money generated fast. was it the type of buy it now you have to pay for it right away?

Yes, I tested it and they required you to PAY IMMEDIATELY.

yep I tried it to.... definite scam.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:57 pm

I can't believe we're going through this conversation again.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby avidbrandy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:09 pm

wow I saw the location and that was it. No need for further discussion. :P
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby csb3tennessee » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:21 pm

I spoke with a local coin dealer that I've been buying from for about 25 yrs about this thing- he told me (and he's pretty knowledgable) that the Feds are now blocking shipments of Chinese coins from entering into the US due to all the counterfeits. I'm not certain how they would accomplish this, but then again, I'm ignorant as to foreign imports and how they must be declared when entering the U.S. Anybody else hear anything about this?
csb3tennessee
Penny Pincher Member

Postby cesariojpn » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:32 am

csb3tennessee wrote:I spoke with a local coin dealer that I've been buying from for about 25 yrs about this thing- he told me (and he's pretty knowledgable) that the Feds are now blocking shipments of Chinese coins from entering into the US due to all the counterfeits. I'm not certain how they would accomplish this, but then again, I'm ignorant as to foreign imports and how they must be declared when entering the U.S. Anybody else hear anything about this?

My guess it'll be similar to what the Aussies are doing in this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBZxbXBN ... age#t=736s

* Packages from "X Country" are targeted for examination for certain items. For example, "Coins" from China.
* Packages are screened, and compared to the declaration form/manifest.
* If there is a discrepancy (declaration does not match screening, or screening shows an anomaly). package is pulled and inspected.

(I would love to use the USA version, but ABC removed a good lot of them and all I get in searches is Anti-Immigration or Anti-Government.)
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals