A Confession to make

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: A Confession to make

Postby scrapper2010 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:50 am

ScottyTX wrote:10 years old hummm, your grammer and writing skills surpasses your age by many years.......Either your very very well advanced for your age or you FOS :) My daughter is 9 and makes all A's there is no way she could even come close to writing up something like that, I would be absolutely amazed if your were and I know its possible, just very rare.... How old are you really now??

I have a 9 year old son and I was thinking the same thing Scotty. HMMMM...
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:58 am

oh boy, the internet is a weird place. if he isn't a ten year old, i sure hope:

A. he doesnt have a past history of pulling the wings off bugs, and crucifying small mammals.

B. doesn't live with his pyschotic co-dependent mother, while spending inordinate hours, locked in his room, looking at "bad stuff" on the net.

C. doesnt live near an elementary school.

D. doesn't hear voices giving him instructions and guidance.

E. doesn't possess a weapons cache, and was recently terminated from a long held job under what he regards as "they were out to get me".

strange days indeed.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:57 am

neilgin1 wrote:oh boy, the internet is a weird place. if he isn't a ten year old, i sure hope:

A. he doesnt have a past history of pulling the wings off bugs, and crucifying small mammals.

B. doesn't live with his pyschotic co-dependent mother, while spending inordinate hours, locked in his room, looking at "bad stuff" on the net.

C. doesnt live near an elementary school.

D. doesn't hear voices giving him instructions and guidance.

E. doesn't possess a weapons cache, and was recently terminated from a long held job under what he regards as "they were out to get me".

strange days indeed.

F. doesn't try to sell the ficticious cache of 21 toz. collection of silver that he was so anxious to establish as actually existing in his very first post.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby psi » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:30 am

If he is telling the truth, then disclosing his age and the amount of silver he has on an open forum are probably not the best ideas, in spite of the fact that this forum is a relatively safe place. Moving the thread to the members only section might be a good idea.

He does use a lot of big words for a ten year old but I have seen no reason so far to disbelieve what he is saying. Some kids do a lot more reading than others.
psi
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:41 am

It's not the "big words", anyone can learn a few of them, its the error free word play. It is not what one would expect out of someone at that age.

Edit note added: I don't care either way, I was just clarifying why it seems "extraordinary".
Last edited by barrytrot on Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby psi » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:47 am

I agree and was also skeptical, but personally I don't like to suggest someone is a liar without direct proof. As they say, sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

Edit: Not trying to suggest that anyone else was wrong to voice their concerns.
psi
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby oober » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:29 am

psi wrote:If he is telling the truth, then disclosing his age and the amount of silver he has on an open forum are probably not the best ideas, in spite of the fact that this forum is a relatively safe place. Moving the thread to the members only section might be a good idea.

He does use a lot of big words for a ten year old but I have seen no reason so far to disbelieve what he is saying. Some kids do a lot more reading than others.

I was about to say the same thing. Please to all who read this, If you are under 18, never ever disclose your age, there are some not very nice people out there that will try to take advantage of you, unfortunately this is the world we live in.
oober
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby PreservingThePast » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:35 am

realmoneyHOARDER wrote:
beauanderos wrote:First of all, welcome. I was quite heavily involved in stamp collecting at your age, and had the internet been available then, would have probably been posting. Question. You say you can't roll hunt in Canada? Why not? Do you mean the returns would be terrible? Not worth the effort? Or that you can't afford to ask for rolls because of the cost? Just curious, because now that I think of it, I don't recall anyone posting in the halves tracking thread that has reported on Canadian finds on any kind of regular basis.

No. I CAN roll hunt in Canada. Its just that the only denominations worth searching are pennies and nickels. Pennies I usually get around a percentage of 40% - 50%.
For nickels I don't really keep track of percentages. The percentage of silvers is very low, half dollars are never at any bank and I think the government is obligated to remove silver from circulation. Even if halves were available what coppertone said comes into effect. Whatever slips by the government is very low and reported averages and about 2 dimes per 5 boxes and I have not seen any quarter reports. This paired with the fact that I am a 10 year old child, therefore I cannot afford buying quarters or dimes except in amounts too small to have any silver.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are preparing yourself well for your future. Don't think that you necessarily have to buy huge amounts of rolled coins to find any silver at all. When I began this hobby almost three years ago looking for certain years of coins for a birthday project for my son I could only afford to get four rolls of dimes at a time. I would search those and the next time I got to a bank convert them to paper so I could buy four more rolls. I still do this separate from other rolls I am now able to afford to search. However, in the last stats I reported this morning in the June, 2011 Half Dollars and other rolls the only silver dime I found came from one of the four rolls. So, it is possible. Granted you have to search to be able to find. And, the odds should be in your favor that the more you search, the more you will find, but that isn't always so, as I believe it is just the luck of the draw if you are getting CWRs to search looking for silver.

Good Luck to you!!!

Enjoy your coin searches, everyone. :geek:
PreservingThePast
Post Hoarder

Postby avidbrandy » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:27 pm

barrytrot wrote:It's not the "big words", anyone can learn a few of them, its the error free word play. It is not what one would expect out of someone at that age.

Edit note added: I don't care either way, I was just clarifying why it seems "extraordinary".

What? there's a spellchecker? amazing! :P
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Tourney64 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:15 pm

No one here will make fun of you. I wish my grandkids (3,6 and 9) were just like you with regard to copper and silver collecting.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:36 pm

avidbrandy wrote:
barrytrot wrote:It's not the "big words", anyone can learn a few of them, its the error free word play. It is not what one would expect out of someone at that age.

What? there's a spellchecker? amazing! :P

Spelling correctly and using English correctly are quite different concepts.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals