Quit selling MY GOLD ya' bum!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Quit selling MY GOLD ya' bum!

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:38 pm

So I am an ebay hound that has a soft spot for morgans and $20 eagles.

And I come across this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/1897-S-LIBERTY-HEAD ... 23119721a2

Hey there hoss.....quit selling my dub eagle. How did I notice it? Do I have my cert #'s memorized? No, I just know My Coins. 8-)

Proof of ownership:
Attachments
CIMG3618.jpg
Check out the cert#'s
CIMG3618.jpg (90.01 KiB) Viewed 529 times
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Re: Quit selling MY GOLD ya' bum!

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:53 pm

Did you take that picture originally for insurance purposes? I mean, if you ever got burgaled you could prove to the police and ins. co. that you owned the coin.

Also, did you wash your hands after taking that picture and before you stuck them in somebody's mouth?
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:58 pm

shinnosuke wrote:Did you take that picture originally for insurance purposes? I mean, if you ever got burgaled you could prove to the police and ins. co. that you owned the coin.

Also, did you wash your hands after taking that picture and before you stuck them in somebody's mouth?

The coin was purchased from eBay member neyronix.....aka the rhle.net folks out in Cali a week or two ago.

The bum with this listing jacked his auction photos.

And I have been working on a dirty ol' POS 5hp SeaKing outboard all evening.....all the washing in the world can't remove the smell of that crap purchase. :(
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Morsecode » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:37 pm

He's probably not really "selling" anything.

Jacked photo, brand new zero feedback seller, weird five word description...it all smells.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:39 pm

He has been reported.

Here is the listing he jacked: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... MEWNX%3AIT
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Market Harmony » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:50 pm

Australia?
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby Thogey » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:57 pm

Moral of the story:

You don't tug on superman's cape.

You don't spit into the wind.

You don't pull the mask off the old lone ranger, and you don't mess around with Chris.

Ba ba ba do de de de de
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:02 pm

"What ever the last bid was, I double it!" = Ben Rumsen :P

I heard a few years ago many people would copy others photos on ebay, it got to be a real problem. This guy is the worst. He could never produce a copy of the real thing. Good eye, Rodebaugh.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:14 pm

Hey Doc,

It may be far fetched. But are you sure your coin is not copy 1 of 10,000?

Maybe it's a stupid question, I don't know.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:34 am

Thogey wrote:Hey Doc,

yeah she's authentic. Cert # checks out with PCGS and is in my set registry. ;)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:19 am

Rodebaugh wrote:

How long (if they don't already) before someone starts counterfeiting the plastic slabs and certification holograms from the major third-party grading services... and then inserts their own craftily designed fakes? Next thing you know... someone will extract a genuine tooth and replace it with a phony one. :evil:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby AGCoinHunter » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:20 am

beauanderos wrote:
Rodebaugh wrote:

How long (if they don't already) before someone starts counterfeiting the plastic slabs and certification holograms from the major third-party grading services... and then inserts their own craftily designed fakes? Next thing you know... someone will extract a genuine tooth and replace it with a phony one. :evil:

Yeah, it’s already happening a lot. Chinese counterfeiters are getting pretty good at it because they probably are making the holders the third party graders are using over in China...
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Doctor Steuss » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:14 am

AGCoinHunter wrote:
beauanderos wrote:How long (if they don't already) before someone starts counterfeiting the plastic slabs and certification holograms from the major third-party grading services... and then inserts their own craftily designed fakes? Next thing you know... someone will extract a genuine tooth and replace it with a phony one. :evil:

Yeah, it’s already happening a lot. Chinese counterfeiters are getting pretty good at it because they probably are making the holders the third party graders are using over in China...

Collectors Universe (the big daddy of PCGS) started a lawsuit late last year against a dealer for fake coins in counterfeit slabs:

News Article wrote:The second count is for infringement of PCGS’s federally registered trademarks as the counterfeit coins were sold in false PCGS holders purporting to be genuine “with the purpose of passing off counterfeit Chinese-made coins in said holders to other dealers and the public as PCGS authenticated and graded coins.”

[...]

The sixth count is for conspiracy in that the defendants – including yet-unnamed John Does – agreed to manufacture and import counterfeit coins in counterfeit PCGS holders to sell to other dealers and the public.

http://www.coinworld.com/articles/cu-sues-dealer-over-fake-coins-pcgs-slabs-1/

A lot of turds out there stinking up an otherwise wonderful and enjoyable hobby.
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals