looking for A spread sheet.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

looking for A spread sheet.

Postby Hades12 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:09 pm

Anyone happen to have a spread sheet made up to give them the current value of their stach?

I started but can't get to where I want.

Looking for something that will give the current value bassed on a manual change of spot. with space for buy date, and cost broken down by face value.

Thanks
Hades12
Penny Collector Member

Re: looking for A spread sheet.

Postby fasteddy » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:33 pm

i am thinking Idaho Copper had one.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby palmvtree » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:38 pm

I don't use a spreadsheet for my tracking, but I do use my Microsoft Money program that came with my computer. I created a " coin investment" account and set up categories for Copper, Nickel, and Silver that I manually update as I purchase, sort, acquire each investment type. The purchase price is always face value, (unless I buy Silver off of family/friends under melt) and I then update the existing price of each "investment" manually by checking the current price of copper pennies and nickels (entered as the current melt value) on coinflation.com.
Silver I do slightly different since each coin has different amounts based on face value. I enter the "price" as 0.888668 for 35% silver nickels, 1.38238 for 90% silver coin and 3.380823 for 40% silver coin (these are for coins found in circulation). Then I enter the face value and the software calculates the quantity for you which is the appx value of silver ounces for each entry. For any coins I buy, I figure out the silver ounces using the slv calc. and enter what I paid to get my "cost". I then again access coinfaltion and enter the current spot price of silver. It sums up what the cost, gain, ROI, and anything else you want to know from an investment stand point. Its a little bit of extra work and upkeep, but I enjoy the real time valuation it gives me on my growing hoard.
My math may be slightly off on some of these, but I used the silver melt calculator on the coinflation site for each single coin and figured it would apply across the board.
Hope this helps... :?:
palmvtree

Postby IdahoCopper » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:46 am

PM sent to Hades 12.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals