Does anyone on here only roll search to acquire new silver?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Does anyone on here only roll search to acquire new silver?

Postby kidman232 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:26 pm

was wondering if anyone on here on roll searched to grow their collection (meaning no buying from local shops, ebay, websites, etc). Would be interested to see how big of a collection one could get from only roll searching, as your cost per oz would be incredible. plus could always then just trade for the silver you want (eagles, maples, etc).
never enough silver
kidman232
Penny Collector Member

Re: Does anyone on here only roll search to acquire new silv

Postby mtalbot_ca » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:45 pm

I do not roll search because where I live (Quebec, Canada) there is very little silver left in circulation. The governement has been harvesting it for years.

I purchase regularly maples to level-down my average cost.

Cheers,
Common sense should prevail if not, misery will.
mtalbot_ca
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rosco » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:20 pm

I tried it, after a shot period of success a lack of silver caused me to Quit buying boxes an just asking for loose coin after a big string of skunks :oops:
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby bankmining » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:09 pm

I've been roll searching halves for a couple of years to get most of my junk silver then adding to it here and there by buying .999, maples, foreign, etc.
bankmining
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Mossy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:43 pm

The only silver that shows up here is from the back of old drawers when someone dies. Even war nickles are gone.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:08 pm

Not having much luck myself at Monday Nite Half Time... went thru half my fourteen boxes so far, and found only four 40%. :cry:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby CardsNCoins » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:50 am

I bought 90% silver coinage from 11/2009 to 11/2010 acquiring 129.75 ounces which cost me $2,901.32 or $22.36 per ounce.

From 11/2010 to now I have not "bought" any 90% silver coinage (only adding through searching), and I have a acquired and additional 407.29 ounces which cost me $805.40 or $1.98 per ounce.

It is because of the 2nd scenario that I will never "buy" silver again, even if the searching dried up completely for me.
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals