Sterling and jewelry

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Sterling and jewelry

Postby LubbockCents » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:34 pm

Do you guys and gals put sterling and silver/gold jewelry items into your hoard when you find them or do you sell/trade up for .999 and why? Thanks in advance.
LubbockCents

Re: Sterling and jewelry

Postby Mossy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:56 pm

I stash them, just to diversify.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Market Harmony » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:29 pm

LubbockCents wrote:Do you guys and gals put sterling and silver/gold jewelry items into your hoard when you find them or do you sell/trade up for .999 and why? Thanks in advance.

nah... I melt that stuff down and eventually sell it off then buy the industry standard .9999 fine stuff.
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby LubbockCents » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:38 pm

I also have some rings with stones. Wondering what would be best to do with these. I can calculate the gold in them but have no clue on the stones.
LubbockCents

Postby Mossy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:12 pm

LubbockCents wrote:I also have some rings with stones. Wondering what would be best to do with these. I can calculate the gold in them but have no clue on the stones.
Find a lapidary/jewelry hobby group and ask them.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals