One BofA branch ordering 13k of halves per order

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

One BofA branch ordering 13k of halves per order

Postby Pennysaved » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:15 pm

I went to one of my pick up banks to get my 1k in halves and the teller told me the halves did not come in.

He said that he placed an order for 13k and they were out. He said he was going to order some extra for the next shipment.

I asked him if that many people are picking up halves and he said they do have quite a few and also there is one person that picks up quite a bit.

They place an order twice a week. So 26k in halves a week they order just at that one branch. Kind of crazy :shock:
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Re: One BofA branch ordering 13k of halves per order

Postby Morsecode » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:56 pm

That has a very short life expectancy. You may notice some new faces at that branch in the near future.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:46 pm

Lucky you! My main bank will not order any halves now, period.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:30 pm

This is NOT good. Don't you live in Arizona? Then you are drawing halves (and so is that monster buyer) all from the same Fed District 12 branch in Los Angeles as I do. I go thru 8k a week, so pretty soon there won't be anything worth searching for out of that branch. Well, I guess we can all expect to be setting skunk records soon. Maybe that will discourage the guy. :roll: Also... if they're out, that means that the circulating pallets have run dry, and they'll be ordering up more brand spanking new halves from storage.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Pennysaved » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:22 am

Yes I live in Phoenix

Ive been dumping all mine back into Chase/Wells Fargo
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:36 am

Wonderful... I bank at Bank of America as well.
beauanderos

Postby Coppercrazy » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:42 pm

Sheech. I only order from 3 branches of one bank here in New Orleans and no teller has yet said anybody else besides me orders halves.or for that matter buys boxes of pennies (unless for commercial change)or asks for bags off the machine.I guess it depends where you are at,its far from mainstream to coin roll search.You just keep looking,because the good coins are deposited recently,in my opinion,you just have to catch a lucky break.
Coppercrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:57 pm

Well... just went to pick up an order of $1000 of pennies and was told I'll have to spread my orders around, they can't handle that much volume. Stated they're only allowed to order twenty boxes TOTAL twice a week, and I was surpassing that on my own. So I dickered with them and they're going to keep ordering my halves for me and $500 of pennies, as long as I pick up on a different day. Knew it was too good to last for long. :(
beauanderos

Postby JobIII » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:10 am

beauanderos wrote:Well... just went to pick up an order of $1000 of pennies and was told I'll have to spread my orders around, they can't handle that much volume. Stated they're only allowed to order twenty boxes TOTAL twice a week, and I was surpassing that on my own. So I dickered with them and they're going to keep ordering my halves for me and $500 of pennies, as long as I pick up on a different day. Knew it was too good to last for long. :(

I thought you were only doing $500 in pennies a week. What did you upgrade, or retire :D

Careful my friend. I also had a bank request i reduce my orders. Then it was too hard to order the halves and then the pennies too. I'm in a bit of limbo right now between my banks cutting me off and finding new source branches.
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals