New kids on Ebay

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

New kids on Ebay

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:13 pm

funny lil story...i'll try not not to bore ya'll.

i been nipping at the edges of Ebay, zipping in on the "rolls" market, aznd i thru in an early fu bid, on a roll of 40 Kennedy's, 6 days out.

it was a dumb per oz bid....i cant attest to the state of my sobriety at the time.

i just thought no one would mess with the rolls and i could slip in, and score them at melt.

well, i just saw that "you've been outbid" and gave praise. in short, my outbidder just bid $60 an oz.

i looked next to his moniker and he had 31 ratings.

Now, you might ask why throw in an fu bid? the reason is, that usually in neglected mkts, if you get in there first, establish a bid above the mkt, guys will nibble at it, and then most of the time, back away when the mkt gets to melt.

not this new guy. whew.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: New kids on Ebay

Postby beauanderos » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:56 pm

He probably works at the metals desk at JPM... and understands what's going to happen with price discovery on silver when they stop shorting.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby RR GUY » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:59 pm

Actually, today has been an excellent buying day for me. I haven't had this luck in a month or so. It must be the holiday. This afternoon I bought a large lot of Franklin Prrofs for $12 each, and I snagged 10 Peace Dollars for $250, (price for both lots includes shipping). I think the key is to bid on expensive larger lots, the 30X buyers are generally the guys who buy coin by coin.
RR GUY
Penny Sorter Member

Postby No82s » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:25 pm

I just check the ending soonest auctions once in a while. Scored 25 Rosies at a little over 31 ozt early this afternoon. Haven't been able to do that for a while.
No82s
Penny Collector Member

Postby aristobolus » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:24 am

I scored a 90% Silver U.S. Dollar for $22.50! Yet things are choppy, some things are way overbid.
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Postby Somnophore » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:14 am

Yeah you do see the larger lots tend to go for a lot less per coin than individuals, the large lots have smaller Market as lots of people buying silver can only afford a few coins here and there.
Somnophore
Penny Sorter Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:35 am

neilgin1 wrote:not this new guy. whew.

He probably made a math error, thought he was getting 2x the amount... And/or he was equally as unsober as you were with your bid. :)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:54 am

68Camaro wrote:

He probably made a math error, thought he was getting 2x the amount... And/or he was equally as unsober as you were with your bid. :)

in vino veritas :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:26 am

beauanderos wrote:He probably works at the metals desk at JPM... and understands what's going to happen with price discovery on silver when they stop shorting.

hee hee hee...that's a nice come backer, and probably a good read on the sit. he can take his 2.95 oz's and pack 'em where the......no neil, dont say it..."Love your neighbor as yourself"......cazart, i gotta see where the other bid roll is at....just got two really nice rolls of Ike's in yesterday....i like that coin a lot......third of an oz of silver, you can pick them up near melt, just better have that digital gm counter there to see if their 24.1-6 gms as opposed to the circ clad Ike's at 22.1 gms!!! lol

you best believe i check every coin in every roll. i might be dumb, taint stoopid though. neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:31 am

RR GUY wrote:Actually, today has been an excellent buying day for me. I haven't had this luck in a month or so. It must be the holiday. This afternoon I bought a large lot of Franklin Prrofs for $12 each, and I snagged 10 Peace Dollars for $250, (price for both lots includes shipping). I think the key is to bid on expensive larger lots, the 30X buyers are generally the guys who buy coin by coin.

nice....me likes to hear that. happy Independence Day....which reminds RR, i think i'm going to get me a copy of the declaration of Independence AND the Constitution, for further study. i know its an exercise in futility, but i WANT tyo know exactly whats being taken away from me, and us. neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:41 am

68Camaro wrote:

68, i wasnt THAT BAD.....never get that tanked, i was just referencing taking a couple of pharma's, daddy lil helpers, wrashed down with a shot of Mount Gay Barbadoes Rum....a big night for me would be three shots, as i'm of the opinion real men drink their liquor, in my case Caribbean rum, straight up...no mixers, no sodie pop, water, ice cubes.......just an ice water sitting at the "Table of Reasoning", where i'm writing this to you.

The Table of Reasoning sits on the front porch facing the lonely road, which affords me a clear shot at any intruders, or uninvited relatives. One must be firm in such matters, as the Table of Reasoning is also my writing table, and the sanctity of THAT, must be preserved, at all costs. i know you understand such things, as you too, are a professional.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals