25 rolls of BU 1962 dimes

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

25 rolls of BU 1962 dimes

Postby NHsorter » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:25 pm

I have a guy asking 3500 for the 25 rolls. That is a little over spot right now. Do you guys think it is worth the premium? This is a fairly large purchase for me. I am also nervous that we might be at a high right now. Any input is appreciated. Your opinions are really valuable to me!
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Re: 25 rolls of BU 1962 dimes

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:31 pm

If they are BU....true BU. Yep do it. There are lots of uglys and circs out there.

If the purchase is too big. Sell a few after the buy to make the bite not so harsh. Heck you could even make a little.
Also buy them on close friday. That will give you a couple level spot days to do your selling without hitting refresh on Kitco every ten min.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:57 pm

if you got the 35, buy em. in bull markets, thinking can kill you.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby mr18 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:45 am

it depends what you're into and how liquid the dimes maybe if/when you decide to sell. yes they are BU but that's a lot of dimes. I'd rather drop 3500 on 6 or 7 rolls of morgans/peace dollars. If you're set on the dimes I would probably spend $500 on the dimes and see if the spot price drops ans see if his prices will drop as well.
mr18
Penny Pincher Member

Postby NHsorter » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:46 am

neilgin1 wrote:if you got the 35, buy em. in bull markets, thinking can kill you.

You got that right! I did not wait very long to get back to him, but by the time that I did, he had already sold 10 rolls. The good news is that he is gonna lock the price in on the 15 that are left and deliver them to me tomorrow morning! Hopefully this mornings price jump will stick and then I'll be getting a pretty sweet deal.

I had a gut feeling last night that we were in for a drop this morning at the open. But I am glad that I was wrong. Thank you all for your input.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:35 am

good deal.....and i dont hafta t'tell you what to do them, or as Gandalf said, "keep it secret, keep it safe".
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals