To me, the silver market is fun and funny

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

To me, the silver market is fun and funny

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:25 am

Not funny "ha-ha", just funny.

We do a very solid climb from the 33 dollar area, mess about in the 40 dollar on strength, and then sell off a $1.50 as of this writing, mid 38.

i don't fret when we sell off a buck and a half, because i have no dealings in futures, and i rather think its healthy. i still havent figured out, what the endgame is, for those powerful commercial interests have, in suppressing the price of silver.

i have an IDEAL what it is, and just humor me a bit; lets say you have a big line to wield, and you're thinking out multi year, or even in a decade long time frame...ok? and lets say, you want to accumulate a LOT of the given market.

the natural inclination would be to slash and burn and hit every offer in sight, right?.....well, thats the wrong way, at least in the early and intermediate stages of accumulation, and i do believe that these large commercial interests dont WANT to suppress Silver prices, i believe they want to accumulate Silver...in the long run.

the way you start a long accumulation, when your a 2,000 pound elephant is by zagging instead of zigging, meaning you keep pounding this market short, in the BEGININNG.....and why i say "begininng", i'm talking 10 years prior.

still with me? ok. remember when Buffett got long Silver at 4.75 something?...and then took profit at 9?...for him, it was an in-n-out thing, but the large 'shorts' are in the long pull, and craven as they might be, they are not dumb.

you use your shortpositions, this pounding of the market to reveal the depth and strength of support, and then you use your covering as "cheap" support....its just a test to see how strong the market really is, in essence you just keep whittling down your short position, to the day you can really start to bid and accumulate.

for years now, hammering longs in Silver has been a great profit center for well heeled commercial interests but lately theres peril in doing this, they recognize it. they could NOT pull this in Gold...too thick and too many nation states involved, but silver is thin.

Here's what i believe, the major banks really want to and are GOING TO BE LONG physical silver, because their endgame, once FRN's get ..diminished, is to pull some sort of entreaty to TPTB, to make private ownership of PM's illegal, that it be a nation to nation market.....no private citizens allowed.

i agree with my dear friend Ray...ultimately silver at 1000 an ounce, and that we must be very quiet, no more pics, no more tales of 'scores' and finds....engage in operational security...loose lips, sink ships.

this tentative agreement between the President and the gang of six towards a 10 year, 4 trln dollar budget deficit is a good thing, what it might do for you, me our families is buy us time till 2013 to further buttress any and all storm preps.

might.

therefore i think it prudent that we slightly change our ways and get really cool about the depth of our dealings.

just think operational security always....i'm not talking about paranoia, or fear....i'm talking about operating just like the major players do. they dont detail their dealings, or MO's, they just do their thing.

so lets do ours....just some thoughts.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: To me, the silver market is fun and funny

Postby scrapper2010 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:18 am

Very interesting... and well written. I'm off to ebay to search for some good deals on......sweaters.
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:47 am

sweaters are good, they keep one warm when its cold outside.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:00 pm

scrapper2010 wrote:Very interesting... and well written. I'm off to ebay to search for some good deals on......sweaters.

Yup. They also store easily. (ahem)

On another note, some basic food gathering tools are also useful. Like boats and fishing poles, and ... stuff.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby justj2k78 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:59 pm

Everybody funny
Now you funny, too!
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:43 pm

scrapper2010 wrote:Very interesting... and well written. I'm off to ebay to search for some good deals on......sweaters.

Did I see you just got a $8 sweater?
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:56 pm

neilgin1 wrote:Here's what i believe, the major banks really want to and are GOING TO BE LONG physical silver,

I could believe this...

neilgin1 wrote:because their endgame, once FRN's get ..diminished, is to pull some sort of entreaty to TPTB, to make private ownership of PM's illegal, that it be a nation to nation market.....no private citizens allowed.

That would assume that they want to get rid of fiat. Frankly I don't think they've thought this through to that extent. While that may actually happen, I don't think they are smart enough to realize that fiat is dead. I think they really believe in fiat.

I think it's more likely that they realize that there is less silver in the world than gold, that it has critically important industrial use, is a diminishing resource, and whoever controls silver controls a lot of stuff. Arguably more than with gold, eventually.

Rather than make private ownership illegal, I (if I was in their shoes) would nationalize production, take over all the mines.

That said, I'm fine with being circumspect. to be honest with you all, I'm really a 13yo Finnish kid playing mind games by pretending to be an American adult, just to learn better English. Thanks for playing along with me.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Oakair » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:24 pm

68Camaro wrote:I'm really a 13yo Finnish kid playing mind games by pretending to be an American adult, just to learn better English. Thanks for playing along with me.

:lol: :lol:
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals