San Francisco Mint ASEs

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

San Francisco Mint ASEs

Postby Lemon Thrower » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:07 am

I see that the San Fran. mint is making ASE's now. They won't have an S mint mark but the sealed boxes will indicate that they came from San Fran.

I'm a little skeptical that these will ever be worth more than a regular ASE, esp. when boxes are 500 quantity. Any thoughts? I expect someone like PCGS will slab individual coins and then maybe there will be collector demand.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Re: San Francisco Mint ASEs

Postby barrytrot » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:59 am

PCGS and others are slabbing them and indicating "San Francisco mint" on them. I'm sure there is a slight premium.

Why they have no mint mark baffles me still.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:14 am

I'm going with any combo of these: they have existing spare sets of dies they don't want to have to change, these are common ASEs and they need the production capacity for common ASEs, they don't want to "dilute" the S mark mysticism, etc.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby ardorlan » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:04 am

what is ASEs?
ardorlan
Penny Pincher Member

Postby hejira11 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:32 am

ardorlan wrote:what is ASEs?

American Silver Eagle.
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:20 am

hejira11 wrote:
ardorlan wrote:what is ASEs?

American Silver Eagle.

aka SAE (Silver American Eagle) - some places.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Saabman » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:56 pm

I got a call from some place trying to sell me the early release ASE San Fran MS 70 for $119.00.
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Pachucko » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:49 pm

I would like an MS-69 Brown-Label NGC if anyone has one for trade.

Thanks......Pachucko
Pachucko
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals