These Ebay Buy it Now offering make me smile.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

These Ebay Buy it Now offering make me smile.

Postby neilgin1 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:38 am

As you know my friends, i'm intensely bullish silver, but i had to share with you these offerings, "Buy It Nows" on Ebay, and to see if they brought the same smile to your face, as well as "yeh right" to your lips....am i nuts, or are these guys jumping the gun a weeee bit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-BU-Roll-20 ... 53e5007f9b

http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-BU-Roll-19 ... 5196921aab

gee whiz, if thats where the market is, i can buy me the used IH or Ford tractor i desperately need...lol....but i think me gonna use FRN's for that! (gotta skid some logs, and mow down brush)

oh Buster...yeh, maybe if we have a 5.00 up move this next week, otherwise pal...i dont know.

what say you O Crew?

btw,,,have a great weekend gang, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: These Ebay Buy it Now offering make me smile.

Postby Morsecode » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:05 am

Well, they are the ultra rare 1964 mintage...so...

:?
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:08 am

If those sell, Chris has to be cursing the 6 rolls he posted here and sold me two weeks ago for $275 ea. :o (Not that he hasn't made that up 10 times over elsewhere.)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby neilgin1 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:02 am

Morsecode wrote:Well, they are the ultra rare 1964 mintage...so...

that DID make me laugh....maybe i'm dense, but you ARE being sarcastic, right? hhahaahah....how many did they mint that final year? like a half a million?..ahhhhhh, coin trading, aint it sumpthin?
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:06 am

68Camaro wrote:If those sell, Chris has to be cursing the 6 rolls he posted here and sold me two weeks ago for $275 ea. :o (Not that he hasn't made that up 10 times over elsewhere.)

that was a nice purchase! now just remember...(Mr Rogers voice) 90% quarters are a fifth of an ounce of silver, and maybe a quarter of an ounce depending on the scenario....forget this FRN era .18 stuff, we have held the fort TOO long.

teasing...sort of.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:01 am

neilgin1 wrote:
Morsecode wrote:Well, they are the ultra rare 1964 mintage...so...

that DID make me laugh....maybe i'm dense, but you ARE being sarcastic, right? hhahaahah....how many did they mint that final year? like a half a million?..ahhhhhh, coin trading, aint it sumpthin?

As has been posted here and elsewhere, the changeover law allowed and they did (to some unknown to me extent) continue to mint 64 dated silver coins until 66, when they got enough of the clad feedstock. Don't know what specifically they did with the JFKs, but there are a LOT of them. Surprising number. I held a circulated 64 JFK as a kid for years, thinking it was special (and it was in its own way), not realizing that millions of AU/BU ones had been stockpiled!

Mint total of 64 JFKs was 430 MILLION. Exceeded the combined previous 16 years of Franklin half production.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby cuag » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:16 am

Better act quick, they are on sale, 7% off!
cuag

Postby wpd7 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:27 pm

For Canadians here, there is an ebay deal portal that offers 36% off. Just google ebay and 36% and you'll see it.
wpd7
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals