twisted thought for the day

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

twisted thought for the day

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:20 pm

while mowing, sun cooking mah haid, swilling Dewrade, (mountain dew mixed with orange gatorade in a Bubba keg)

i had this thought, and it keeps running thru my head:

"bid 'em past melt and they'll go away."

back to the tractor.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: twisted thought for the day

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:39 pm

neilgin1 wrote:while mowing, sun cooking mah haid, swilling Dewrade, (mountain dew mixed with orange gatorade in a Bubba keg)

i had this thought, and it keeps running thru my head:

"bid 'em past melt and they'll go away."

back to the tractor.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? (For those of you residing in the District of Columbia, that means WTF? As in, huh?)

What are you talking about, Neil?
Last edited by Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:44 pm

"bid 'em past melt and they'll go away".......i'm out brush mowing, sun baking my head, sober, working some stuff inside, and thats the zen koan that keeps playing in my conk.....and in a spell, i'll see if it works.....and explain.

i aint going mental...yet.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby scrapper2010 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:13 pm

Nevermind the bid'em past melt thing, the real story here is Dewrade. That one's a keeper my friend. Caffeine, carbonation, electrolites all in one, and in a Bubba keg no less. Winning.
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Corsair » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:18 pm

scrapper2010 wrote:Nevermind the bid'em past melt thing, the real story here is Dewrade. That one's a keeper my friend. Caffeine, carbonation, electrolites all in one, and in a Bubba keg no less. Winning.

Nay - epic winning! Sounds like a tasty concoction. And Neil, thoughts of boxes of pennies at home often get me through my day, so I know how you're feeling.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby narragansett » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:30 pm

scrapper2010 wrote:Nevermind the bid'em past melt thing, the real story here is Dewrade. That one's a keeper my friend. Caffeine, carbonation, electrolites all in one, and in a Bubba keg no less. Winning.

Throw in some Miralax & y'all are ready for a colonscopy!
narragansett
Penny Pincher Member

Postby blackrabbit » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:05 pm

Throw in some whiskey and you will be tangoing and foxtrotting at the same time.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:12 pm

blackrabbit wrote:Throw in some whiskey and you will be tangoing and foxtrotting at the same time.

:lol: Now you're talkin'!
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:19 pm

i forgot the Foundations of foundations...the Bubba Keg, the black and silver model for that oh so tres chic trashe blanc, FILLED with ICE. then half Dew and half orange gatorade...Dewrade......and guess what?

the bid them past the melt thing,and they'll go away worked,....it worked.

theres a certain American silver coin that guys are neglecting...and you pay a titch above melt. boom.

bid them past melt and they'll go away......shoot, i dont wanna sit in front of a rydale, and smile at underpaid tellers, no offense to my bro's that do.

bid em past melt and they will go away, so we can sit on our tractors, Bubba Keg packed with ice and Dewrade, and just mow......and wait for the rural route carrier, as long as she still comes, or as long as they let us ship silver without fear of theft or confiscation....dont laugh......$125 an ounce.....everybodies gonna want that package, postal folk, gummit stooges, fricking mad cow zombies, God only knows...literally....these are strange days and gonna get stranger.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:21 pm

blackrabbit wrote:Throw in some whiskey and you will be tangoing and foxtrotting at the same time.

oh no....not for me, i start to drinking sippin liquor, i'm like an injun, things either catch fire or blow up, i kid you not.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:26 pm

Neils got a thing for 40% kenns?.............thats the rodeguess

postal folk, gummit stooges, fricking mad cow zombies, :lol:
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Gamecock » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:32 pm

"When a government overvalues one type of money and undervalues another, the undervalued money will leave the country or disappear from circulation into hoards, while the overvalued money will flood into circulation."
Gamecock
Penny Pincher Member

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:25 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:Neils got a thing for 40% kenns?.............thats the rodeguess

postal folk, gummit stooges, fricking mad cow zombies, :lol:

OH!! the gig is up...yall gonna be ramping into Ebay....dizamn!!...oh Lord have mercy....oh well. Some ya'll got resources that would put my lights out, and now i gotta bid against my bro's?

rode is right, rode is wise.......go easy on me.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:27 pm

Gamecock wrote:Image

DINNER......warsh it down with Dewrade.....rabbit and pancakes...please pass the sorghum syrups, would ye?
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:30 pm

Rode, theres another 40 i LOVE, the brown and blue IKES...in rolls....gorgeous coin, got a third of a zee in it, bet it would trade high in a grid down environment, but they plumb disapeared...i got some of the last rolls...at MELT...do you friggin believe that...melt!

i been wearing 7 dollar wal mart sneakers and eating microwave burritos to really ramp up stacking silver.......
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:35 pm

neilgin1 wrote:Rode, theres another 40 i LOVE, the brown and blue IKES...in rolls....gorgeous coin, got a third of a zee in it, bet it would trade high in a grid down environment, but they plumb disapeared...i got some of the last rolls...at MELT...do you friggin believe that...melt!

I do like the Ikes......not a big fan of the 40% kenns......I know, dosen't make a lick of sense.

I just offered your Cali-bud a almost full roll of BU 40%ers at $5 each shipped. I will keep you in mind next time around and if he declines them.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:46 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:Rode, theres another 40 i LOVE, the brown and blue IKES...in rolls....gorgeous coin, got a third of a zee in it, bet it would trade high in a grid down environment, but they plumb disapeared...i got some of the last rolls...at MELT...do you friggin believe that...melt!

I do like the Ikes......not a big fan of the 40% kenns......I know, dosen't make a lick of sense.

I just offered your Cali-bud a almost full roll of BU 40%ers at $5 each shipped. I will keep you in mind next time around and if he declines them.

i never DID like the Kenn 40's until recently, coz i'm trying to get into fractionals for trading purposes...its like two amped up dimes with a bit of heft. I love ASE's mind you, but what about when we're trading silver for this and that?.....like how much would a 5 gallon can of 87 octane gas go for?...or 5 bars of soap?...or 10 pounds of wheat berrys?

one last question...how many copper pennies to lets say a fifth ounce of silver?
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:42 pm

You and your fifths! Don't know Bud... but I figure there's an equal likelihood I'd prefer to drink my fifths into oblivion Image, rather than trade them... if TSHTF ever truly does occur Image

Make mine a chilled bottle of Romana Black, liquore di sambuca per favore Image
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby RR GUY » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:01 pm

neilgin1 wrote:"bid 'em past melt and they'll go away".......i'm out brush mowing, sun baking my head, sober, working some stuff inside, and thats the zen koan that keeps playing in my conk.....and in a spell, i'll see if it works.....and explain.

It doesn't matter. Everything is already trading over melt.
RR GUY
Penny Sorter Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:15 pm

RR GUY wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:"bid 'em past melt and they'll go away".......i'm out brush mowing, sun baking my head, sober, working some stuff inside, and thats the zen koan that keeps playing in my conk.....and in a spell, i'll see if it works.....and explain.

It doesn't matter. Everything is already trading over melt.

True price discovery?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby RR GUY » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:44 pm

Not quite. Actually a lot of coin being dumped right now. The ebay is bulging with listings (most I've ever seen) and craigslist has seller after seller disposing of grandpa's old coins. Its going to take some time for the market to clear.
RR GUY
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals