Two and a half dollar gold peice!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Two and a half dollar gold peice!

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:49 am

I stopped at a convenience store this morning for coffee. I overheard the cashier talking about a $2.5 gold piece. We were both in a hurry, so I got the abbreviated version.

He opened a roll of dimes at the cashier drawer and out popped the gold piece! It is close enough in size to fit into the coin wrapper tube and someone must not have known what they had to put it into the pile of dimes to begin with.

Lucky him!!! Wow! Can you imagine the odds?? Buying a two and a half dollar gold piece for ten cents!

I invited this guy to come onto our forum and tell his story. I hope he does!
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Two and a half dollar gold peice!

Postby AGCoinHunter » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:53 am

I have heard of coin roll hunters getting gold coins. Doesnt happen very often but when it does thats some big news. Amazing that someone would basically toss that away.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby highroller4321 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:44 am

Great find. I have found 2 of them so far in my searching :) I think the pics are on the old forum?
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby byro007 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:22 am

I would of offer to buy it from him. Either way thats a great deal to find one. Maybe one day i will be lucky enough to find one too
byro007
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Saabman » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:40 am

Wow!!! Talk about getting lucky!!!!!!
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:13 am

highroller4321 wrote:Great find. I have found 2 of them so far in my searching :) I think the pics are on the old forum?

??!! Wow. What are the odds of finding two 2.5 dollar gold pieces searching dimes??!

Highroller, start buying lottery tickets. Fate is on your side.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:03 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:
highroller4321 wrote:Great find. I have found 2 of them so far in my searching :) I think the pics are on the old forum?

??!! Wow. What are the odds of finding two 2.5 dollar gold pieces searching dimes??!

Highroller, start buying lottery tickets. Fate is on your side.

He found them sorting PENNIES. Even sweeter :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals