Silvers popped.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silvers popped.

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:14 am

the "board" is showing us.....solid trade above 41.......going to cut its way thru 50.

unless my years of reading the tape have betrayed me, this thing is much higher.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: Silvers popped.

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:22 am

neilgin1 wrote:the "board" is showing us.....solid trade above 41.......going to cut its way thru 50.

unless my years of reading the tape have betrayed me, this thing is much higher.

Still buying physical when it's a good price. $330 face just past few days. But I just sold half my paper silver (half of PSLV and CEF) on the chance that a minor debt deal coming up will cause a temporary market drop, during which I can buy it all back, and maybe more. Might've been a bad move - we'll see. Worst case is that I just spent a small amout of trading fees unnecessarily. But I locked in some profit. Kept all the PHYS for the moment, and half the others! There ain't really any smilie (or grimace) that fits this level of combined decision and indecision. I feel like I have a split personality on this.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:39 am

68Camaro wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:the "board" is showing us.....solid trade above 41.......going to cut its way thru 50.

Still buying physical when it's a good price. $330 face just past few days. But I just sold half my paper silver (half of PSLV and CEF) on the chance that a minor debt deal coming up will cause a temporary market drop, during which I can buy it all back, and maybe more. Might've been a bad move - we'll see. Worst case is that I just spent a small amout of trading fees unnecessarily. But I locked in some profit. Kept all the PHYS for the moment, and half the others! There ain't really any smilie (or grimace) that fits this level of combined decision and indecision. I feel like I have a split personality on this.

Sounds like a good game plan to me.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby fb101 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:18 pm

68Camaro wrote:

Will the real rodebaugh please post up?
fb101

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:01 pm

fb101 wrote:
68Camaro wrote:

Will the real rodebaugh please post up?

Sure thing, Now whats post up mean again? :lol:
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:23 pm

I think I get it........"Will the Real Rodebaugh please post up?" is a slim shaddy play on lyrics.

No these posters are their own people. Well at least I hope so. I hate to think I have been mailing silver to Florida to my other personality. Or worse yet, experiencing heat induced psychotropic lawn mower rides while all sauced out on the Drewade.

Neil, I only pick because I like.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:53 pm

Almost heaven... well, it ain't in central Florida. :) And I ain't a dentist, I just give 'em my money. :) (In more ways than one.) :lol
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:17 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:I think I get it........"Will the Real Rodebaugh please post up?" is a slim shaddy play on lyrics.

No these posters are their own people. Well at least I hope so. I hate to think I have been mailing silver to Florida to my other personality. Or worse yet, experiencing heat induced psychotropic lawn mower rides while all sauced out on the Drewade.

Neil, I only pick because I like.

oh boy, first thing that made me laugh ALL day!...Rodee, i like you too man....for real......that was good, especially this bit O prose: " heat induced psychotropic lawn mower rides "...think what a country music song THAT would make!

saw she sold off but good, along with gold, AND the 'equities'...but the $ trades higher?...dont put it pass these cornered gamblers to goose the tape, the dollar trading higher was real suspect...if it cracks 72 on the down side, thats a prime time indicator.

that was some funny stuff you wrote, i was fried, natural like, yesterday...today i had a doc appt and missed the slide, i was begging for cough syrup, which i got, swigging on that now, comfortably numb, nuff said, we out.

oh yeh, that was nice of you to offer 40 Kenn's for 5, i just bot $100 face in the past week, i hope our own RC Yoda wants them.

n.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:21 pm

68Camaro wrote:Almost heaven... well, it ain't in central Florida. :) And I ain't a dentist, I just give 'em my money. :) (In more ways than one.) :lol

Share 68, share!.....serious my brother, you GOT to get out of central FLA.....i mean i know how life works, business, family, ties, etc.....but git north man...upper Midwest baby, i know the winters get intense, but thats what kills the bugs and the snakes and other such pestilence, and keeps population densities LOW.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:26 pm

68Camaro wrote:

68 , nice sell on the paper stuff...i didnt think the market sell off like that.....kind of looking like late 08, early 09....you think?....gosh if it went back to 9 an ounce? i wouldnt be stewing coz i gots a bunch in the 30's, i'd be like a 17 year old in a whorehouse.....9?...or even 20....15?....could it happen?
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:58 pm

neilgin1 wrote:
68Camaro wrote:Almost heaven... well, it ain't in central Florida. :) And I ain't a dentist, I just give 'em my money. :) (In more ways than one.) :lol

Share 68, share!.....serious my brother, you GOT to get out of central FLA.....i mean i know how life works, business, family, ties, etc.....but git north man...upper Midwest baby, i know the winters get intense, but thats what kills the bugs and the snakes and other such pestilence, and keeps population densities LOW.

I'm a NM native, later MO, TN, VA before 30 years in FL. Still consider myself a native New Mexican, but I'll have at least 10 years or more here before I could move, if ever.

As to upper midwest, I would never get her there (and have my doubts as to if I could take it again). She can't stand the cold, and even though she was born near Chicago, anything below 60F is COLD to her.

But, I agree with the many advantages of living there! It's a beautiful country.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:13 pm

neilgin1 wrote:.....9?...or even 20....15?....could it happen?

They say anything is possible, but I can't see the fundamentals supporting that, can you? Less silver than gold in the world, etc. The shorts are clearly still manipulating, and I'm starting to wonder if they have some western governmental support behind them, determined to prove that fiat is viable and to prevent a rush to PMs, but it seems inevitable that they will get crushed in the end. Frankly, $200 silver seems clear, within 10 years. (And that's not accounting for some greater round of devalution or inflation than we've already seen which would result in a further multiple of that price.)

Did you know that the US Mint is now minting more ASEs than the US domestic mines can produce, in total? They are required by current law to use only US domestic new silver. Something major is going to have to give. The amount of free silver in the world is now down to the small millions of ounces. The COMEX prices are all fake, driven by artificial fake-silver paper shorts. Hold on to your hats! Calls for delivery will be coming in the next few months! Buy it while you can get it!
68Camaro

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:22 pm

68Camaro wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:

I'm a NM native, later MO, TN, VA before 30 years in FL. Still consider myself a native New Mexican, but I'll have at least 10 years or more here before I could move, if ever.

As to upper midwest, I would never get her there (and have my doubts as to if I could take it again). She can't stand the cold, and even though she was born near Chicago, anything below 60F is COLD to her.

But, I agree with the many advantages of living there! It's a beautiful country.

New Mexico?...i should have known, that is a great state, i find it fascinating, had some really important moments there, and one of most tightest buds lives up in the NW corner...great state....i veer far from Alb, and gallup, but otherwise....i had a moment, an intense moment driving west out of Roswell a couple years back. i was driving west on 70 towards White Sands. I've read just about everything i could get my hands on about the Manhattan Project, the Trinity Test, Robert Oppenheimer, Gen Groves, the physics and construction of the bomb...so i crest the mountain range on 70, and there it is, about 50 miles to the west, this huge white expanse of sand, with another range behind it, and it was like this light went off....i thought to myself...."There, there's where i would light it off....the bomb..... in that back corner"....and sure enough...i plotted it out...just instinctively, i had stumbled on where those two men, Oppie and gen Groves, decided to test the "device" about 38 miles southeast of Soccoro...you're back in the corner between two mountain ranges...it was the perfect place....quite a moment for me......and you hail from that wild land? bravo.

trust me, i know what its like when the woman in your life dont dig your haunts...and two words i never learned till 40 were "yes dear"...magic words, and i learned that lesson too damn late, glad your smarter than me, coz i miss my red headed Irish rose, even though she's the kind that drives a fellow to an early grave....still love that girl....oh well.....be blessed bro......
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:40 am

neilgin1 wrote: New Mexico?...i should have known, that is a great state, i find it fascinating, had some really important moments there, and one of most tightest buds lives up in the NW corner...great state....i veer far from Alb, and gallup, but otherwise....i had a moment, an intense moment driving west out of Roswell a couple years back. i was driving west on 70 towards White Sands. I've read just about everything i could get my hands on about the Manhattan Project, the Trinity Test, Robert Oppenheimer, Gen Groves, the physics and construction of the bomb...so i crest the mountain range on 70, and there it is, about 50 miles to the west, this huge white expanse of sand, with another range behind it, and it was like this light went off....i thought to myself...."There, there's where i would light it off....the bomb..... in that back corner"....and sure enough...i plotted it out...just instinctively, i had stumbled on where those two men, Oppie and gen Groves, decided to test the "device" about 38 miles southeast of Soccoro...you're back in the corner between two mountain ranges...it was the perfect place....quite a moment for me......and you hail from that wild land? bravo.

trust me, i know what its like when the woman in your life dont dig your haunts...and two words i never learned till 40 were "yes dear"...magic words, and i learned that lesson too damn late, glad your smarter than me, coz i miss my red headed Irish rose, even though she's the kind that drives a fellow to an early grave....still love that girl....oh well.....be blessed bro......

(BTW Treetop is in NM.) I was born in Raton, at 9500 feet. A high altitude baby. It wasn't until recently that I thought about how rare that is in the world - not that that means anything specifically.

I'm more of a northern NMer, but my dads brother was a physicist at WSMR and my other uncle was stationed at Alamorgordo when he was in the service. I've driven that road a few times, but usually the other direction, away from White Sands. I'll have to look for that view if I go the other way. I've essentially driven all around Trinity, but never made it to the site on the one day a year when it is opened. My grandmother was one of the telephone operators at the hotel in Santa Fe where all the brass stayed when they were going back and forth to Los Alamos. At the time no one was sure what was going on, but they knew (at least she did, because of what she picked up) that whatever it was it was a big deal. She personally spoke with them all, though they didn't know who she was.
68Camaro

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:34 am

68, thats pretty neat man....they got to work at WS! i liked the look of that base.

what about this market huh?....nice sell on the paper stuff. Gee golly, i wouldnt wanna be trading futures, have a frigging heart attack.....nothings REALLY changed t'all.

i got me a bunch of 40's Kennedy's coming in...looking forward to that, weigh and look at them all, bottle 'em up, throw in some desscicaters, and stash them, end of story. i'm going to lay off a bit now, tend to mowing, take down three trees tommorow and spend the weekend working this 22ton wood splitter i got....and turn OFF the news, let these guys play their games.

i be thinking of you, ole 68, have a great weekend , dear friend, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:43 am

neilgin1 wrote:what about this market huh?....nice sell on the paper stuff. Gee golly, i wouldnt wanna be trading futures, have a frigging heart attack.....nothings REALLY changed t'all.

Thanks man. Really just a lucky call. Wish I could claim it was skill. Just bought back into PSLV at below my previous price point for that chunk, so it was a good hit and run for me. CEF hasn't dropped below my previous price point, but I had felt a bit overextended in that one anyway, so may just replace it with more PSLV, while keeping the PHYS I have. Have several more lower buy price points for PSLV in but doubt it'll hit those. We'll see.

Would like to see some photos of your place sometime. Know it's a work in progress, but you've got to brag a bit, right? :)
68Camaro

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:08 am

68Camaro wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:what about this market huh?....nice sell on the paper stuff. Gee golly, i wouldnt wanna be trading futures, have a frigging heart attack.....nothings REALLY changed t'all.

Thanks man. Really just a lucky call. Wish I could claim it was skill. Just bought back into PSLV at below my previous price point for that chunk, so it was a good hit and run for me. CEF hasn't dropped below my previous price point, but I had felt a bit overextended in that one anyway, so may just replace it with more PSLV, while keeping the PHYS I have. Have several more lower buy price points for PSLV in but doubt it'll hit those. We'll see.

Would like to see some photos of your place sometime. Know it's a work in progress, but you've got to brag a bit, right? :)

i dont brag, makes my head swell, and then my ballcaps dont fit, and that makes me uglier than usual, so....(laughing)

but lemme see how to upload photos....umm R, whats a CEF, and a PSLV, are those funds?...i think by PHYS, u mean physical silver, right?
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:18 am

okay figgered it out...........my little Hobbit hole...would of added a few more, but you get the picture...i will add a "drama" shot...one night on the ridge.
Attachments
guest_cabin-lg.jpg
guest hut
guest_cabin-lg.jpg (34.48 KiB) Viewed 481 times
back-lg.jpg
the back side
back-lg.jpg (30.45 KiB) Viewed 481 times
front-lg.jpg
main cabin
front-lg.jpg (33.2 KiB) Viewed 481 times
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:35 am

Beautiful spread, Neil! Well done :D Or should I say... well done? :lol: Really... is that your design from scratch or were you able to pick up the project completed from a previous owner? Do you own a few of the immediate acres?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Saabman » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:51 am

Sure looks peaceful up there!! Beauty of a spot! Well done indeed!!!!
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:16 am

beauanderos wrote:Beautiful spread, Neil! Well done :D Or should I say... well done? :lol: Really... is that your design from scratch or were you able to pick up the project completed from a previous owner? Do you own a few of the immediate acres?

6 acres of woodlot BEHIND the place, and a couple of ridge top acres up front...dead end road, the folks that owned it before me, were summertime weekenders, therefore i had to have a DEEP well dug with pump, and have the resource in place to put in septic and plumbing,(i'm nailing the guys down on the date...things move slower up in these parts) along with the liquid gas boys to lay in a 500 gal tank, along with the LP genny, so i can do the harsh winters up here, which i look forward to, as its joy to watch the seasons move....i'm at 1900 feet above sea level, and its an awesome display to watch the weather......as i study this, sometimes i dont even need to consult the weather man, or look at radar on the laptop, one gets to "read" the weather, by just watching and feeling the changes...i been observing a doe and her two fawns as they grow, from poodle size to bigger, there's been wild turkeys scuttling about like juraissic park raptors, theres one smaller coyote thats flitts about like a ghost...and that front porch you see, thats where the "table of reasoning" is, where i type this post to you...i been blessed, i like the "desolate places"...wild and hidden.....may anybody that desires as such, recieve it, thats my prayer. fondly, neil
Attachments
263109_10150198939022574_594782573_6745592_6584925_n.jpg
One Evening
263109_10150198939022574_594782573_6745592_6584925_n.jpg (52.5 KiB) Viewed 468 times
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:20 am

i added the above verse...it felt appropriate...some Bolt.....huh? i cant wait to see what the snow stormsill be like....hee heee
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:26 am

68Camaro wrote:

Took profits (small) on four positions of First Majestic last week. Sometimes I'm too cautious. Made $2400, but could have grabbed $6000. But you never know which way the tape will trend, so I figured I'd take the sure thing. Have my tiered buy orders in again if she reaches $20 a share. There's some tempting prices (SLW) on this temporary pullback... but I'm keepin some powder dry for August 2, and see what happens at that point.
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:32 am

Image Dammit, Neil.... you made me look this up 8-) http://science.howstuffworks.com/nature ... htning.htm
beauanderos

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:47 am

isnt that something?....i remember one night, about a month plus ago, the sky opened and dumped 7 inches of rain on this ridge in AN HOUR, and three hours later dumped another 3 inches in an hour....just tore the heck out of one of my driveways, the "stupid" driveway....gots a 25 degree down cant to it, the former owners put it in...luckily i got another side driveway out, with a gentle sweeping cant to it...raining right now, but slow.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals