Did anyone watch Cowboys vs Aliens?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Did anyone watch Cowboys vs Aliens?

Postby Pennysaved » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:41 pm

Guess what the aliens came to earth looking for :-)
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Did anyone watch Cowboys vs Aliens?

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:08 pm

Pennysaved wrote:Guess what the aliens came to earth looking for :-)

Don't give it away........I want to see this........I hope it's copper!

SSSSHHHHHHHHH.......
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Corsair » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:10 pm

I really wanted to see this until reviews started coming out. I was very hyped up about it, especially since Favreau was doing it, and he made the first two Iron Mans a complete thrill. But once I started reading reviews, I decided to save my hard-earned cash.

But you're right, Pennysaved, no surprise at those aliens' aim at all. Who wouldn't invade a planet for that?
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:15 pm

Corsair wrote:I really wanted to see this until reviews started coming out. I was very hyped up about it, especially since Favreau was doing it, and he made the first two Iron Mans a complete thrill. But once I started reading reviews, I decided to save my hard-earned cash.

But you're right, Pennysaved, no surprise at those aliens' aim at all. Who wouldn't invade a planet for that?

Alright I can't look at this thread anymore. Go see ut anyways corsair......to heck with the reviews.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby VWBEAMER » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:22 pm

Got dragged to it by the GF, it's alright.

BTW, going back to the OP post, I noticed that also. :)
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Postby Oakair » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:41 pm

Ive been saving for Rise of the Planet of the Apes...

Ill catch this one when its out of the theaters I think, Hope I made the right choice...
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Pennysaved » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:44 pm

I think it is sacrilegious to remake a classic film.

A remake is never better than the classic; after seeing a remake, you have to go home and watch the classic one so you can forget the mess you just watched.
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Corsair » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:47 pm

Oakair wrote:Ive been saving for Rise of the Planet of the Apes...

Ill catch this one when its out of the theaters I think, Hope I made the right choice...

Oh, please. Don't get me wrong, I love James Franco, but that looks absolutely horrible. Keep an eye on the movie review site Rotten Tomatoes - I bet Planet of the Apes won't go a hair above 50%.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Oakair » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:51 pm

Pennysaved wrote:I think it is sacrilegious to remake a classic film.

A remake is never better than the classic; after seeing a remake, you have to go home and watch the classic one so you can forget the mess you just watched.

Apparently, its less of a remake, and more of an alternate origin story...

They make it sound as though they are planning on redoing the concept with some 'original' changes...Which may work out ok, we shall see...

Nothing will ever match the original Planet of the Apes though, that was just pure genius

Corsair wrote:Oh, please. Don't get me wrong, I love James Franco, but that looks absolutely horrible. Keep an eye on the movie review site Rotten Tomatoes - I bet Planet of the Apes won't go a hair above 50%.

Pineapple Express is James Franco to me...Ill never like the guy as much as I did in that role...
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby BamaJoe » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:07 pm

Got it loading now. The son and I are planning on watching it in just a little while.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:20 pm

Oakair wrote:Pineapple Express is James Franco to me...Ill never like the guy as much as I did in that role...

He did a great job in 127 Hours (makes me wince)
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Corsair » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:57 pm

BamaJoe wrote:Got it loading now. The son and I are planning on watching it in just a little while.

You've got Cowboys and Aliens loading? In the words of Captain Jack, "Pirate."

beauanderos wrote:
Oakair wrote:Pineapple Express is James Franco to me...Ill never like the guy as much as I did in that role...

He did a great job in 127 Hours (makes me wince)

He absolutely did. He had a definite shot at Best Actor had it not been for King's Speech. I thought he might be able to pull it off.
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby natsb88 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:15 pm

Saw it at the drive-ins with a couple of friends. Wasn't bad, definitely different for me (I usually don't watch much outside of comedies). The drive-ins are fun no matter what is playing. $7.50 for two back-to-back movies under the starry sky, and really good cheese steaks :D
natsb88

Postby Corsair » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:32 pm

natsb88 wrote:Saw it at the drive-ins with a couple of friends. Wasn't bad, definitely different for me (I usually don't watch much outside of comedies). The drive-ins are fun no matter what is playing. $7.50 for two back-to-back movies under the starry sky, and really good cheese steaks :D

Tell me the second wasn't The Smurfs.
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby NDFarmer » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:02 pm

natsb88 wrote:Saw it at the drive-ins with a couple of friends. Wasn't bad, definitely different for me (I usually don't watch much outside of comedies). The drive-ins are fun no matter what is playing. $7.50 for two back-to-back movies under the starry sky, and really good cheese steaks :D

I always liked the drive-ins. I went to a lot of movies at drive-ins when I was kid. Now there are none around any more. I think the closest one to me that is still operating is in southern Minnesota.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby natsb88 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:24 pm

Corsair wrote:

Tell me the second wasn't The Smurfs.

Nope, the second one was Bad Teacher. Smurfs was playing on another screen though (along with Winnie the Pooh I believe). The third screen had Captain America and Harry Potter.

NDFarmer wrote:I always liked the drive-ins. I went to a lot of movies at drive-ins when I was kid. Now there are none around any more. I think the closest one to me that is still operating is in southern Minnesota.

This one has three screens, double features on each one every night, and is only about 15 minutes away. I still only get there once or twice a year though. There is another one still open on weekends about a half hour away.
natsb88

Postby NDFarmer » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:42 pm

Sure wished we had one within reasonable driving distance. It would be fun to jump in the old 56 Buick and go to a movie. My kids have never been to a drive-in.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Corsair » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:53 pm

I'm thankful that my mom took me to a few drive-ins when I was younger. I think that started to really pique my interest in movies.

And Nate, you went for Cowboys and Aliens and Bad Teacher over Harry Potter and Cap? You crazy man, you.
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby natsb88 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:58 pm

I was hoping Cowboys and Aliens and Captain America would be playing together, but no such luck :lol:
natsb88

Postby hobo finds » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:32 pm

No more drive ins by me... Everyone should get to go to one..
hobo finds

Postby beauanderos » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:36 pm

Another part of Americana that is dying out... rapidly. Many fond memories of... what was the movie again? The windows were all fogged up :o :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Thogey » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:46 pm

I loved the drive-in. I don't think I ever watched a movie in one.

Smoke a lot of.....Drank a lot of ......Chased a lot of......

Those steel speaker boxes were total crap.

Ahh, hot summer nights in the drive-in. Glad I got to experience it

You know what would be awsome? Metal detect an old defunct drive-in.
Last edited by Thogey on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby BamaJoe » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:08 pm

Well, I wouldn't call it a great movie, but it wasn't bad. My 12 year old liked it.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:03 am

Drive ins...We had one near our home growing up on the southeast edge of Houston. When I was in my early 20's we had a small twister go by and knocked the screens down. Business was already bad and I guess the owners decided to just give it up. After a few weeks somebody spray-painted the marquis with the name of a movie...wait for it...that's right...Gone With The Wind. I laughed so hard Inearly wrecked the car. The only bad thing about that prank was that I didn't think of it.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Mike » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:17 am

Pennysaved wrote:I think it is sacrilegious to remake a classic film.

The only remake I can think of that was better than the original was Sorcerer, the remake of The Wages of Fear.

Of course, it flopped in the theaters, but I still think it was a great flick.
Mike
Penny Pincher Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals