There was a war on my “coin” desk today.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

There was a war on my “coin” desk today.

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:33 pm

Can't help myself. Thought this would be good for a laugh. :)

This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Re: There was a war on my “coin” desk today.

Postby Thogey » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:41 pm

OK Doc, time to go pee in a cup, and run it to the lab with a NIDA observer.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm

that is friggin COOL!
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:54 pm

Thogey wrote:OK Doc, time to go pee in a cup, and run it to the lab with a NIDA observer.

Yeah Eric........to much time on my hands? Must be the Cafe Bustelo Nickeless has me on.

Neil I am glad you liked it. I was going for funny/clever.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Thogey » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:01 pm

Who are the good guys?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:03 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:
Thogey wrote:OK Doc, time to go pee in a cup, and run it to the lab with a NIDA observer.

Yeah Eric........to much time on my hands? Must be the Cafe Bustelo Nickeless has me on.

Neil I am glad you liked it. I was going for funny/clever.

liked it? LOVED IT! ....you can tell a lot from a persons desk, and on the floor we had a code word for those who we thought were smart traders, or just smart....we would ask, "is he cool?"...meaning astute, sharp, and the reply would be, "yeh, he's a cool guy".

you're a cool guy, just from the look of that desk...love it! Rodee bars, trade if ya got 'em!
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Corsair » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:06 pm

Oh please don't let me lose a tooth in West Virginia, oh please, oh please, oh please...

Tell me Doctor, did you borrow those Army men from a young patient or do you just so happen to always have them on hand?
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:10 pm

This all made me laugh out loud... My wife just looked up with a question on her face, then realized it was "just the coin guys"... :)

Yeah - it IS cool. You're going to have to make more of these Doc.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:28 pm

Thogey wrote:Who are the good guys?

The Brown Guys......they are gaurd'n the coins.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:29 pm

Nice job Rodie. Harkening back to the days of my youth. Set em up and then knock em down with rubber band guns (remember clothes pin guns?). Then, later... with the advent of technology... advanced to darts. Two patrols would advance towards each other from about thirty feet apart. A kill permitted a scout (from which the dart thrower was permitted to stand) to approach one foot closer. Could always imagine those tiny plastic warriors cringeing in fear, cowards all, not brave, fearful of the advance... knowing that they would soon be the next to buy a shallow grave. Every once in awhile, a game would expire... and a child turn to other interests (cardboard box forts?) and grass would grow. And then... in a week or so... curses would emanate from the back yard as tiny body parts spit from the lawnmower as Dad (picture Godzilla) towered above them... pushing his abbatoir of rotating metal blades of death to render them unto Valhalla.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:33 pm

Corsair wrote:Oh please don't let me lose a tooth in West Virginia, oh please, oh please, oh please...

Tell me Doctor, did you borrow those Army men from a young patient or do you just so happen to always have them on hand?

David... you think THAT is bad? Here's a pic of Doc Rodebaugh in the uniform he dons each day before he enters his practice...

Don't tell anyone... but he confided to me that the little curly things on his toes really crimp his pinkies.
beauanderos

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:35 pm

beauanderos wrote:Nice job Rodie. Harkening back to the days of my youth. Set em up and then knock em down with rubber band guns (remember clothes pin guns?). Then, later... with the advent of technology... advanced to darts. Two patrols would advance towards each other from about thirty feet apart. A kill permitted a scout (from which the dart thrower was permitted to stand) to approach one foot closer. Could always imagine those tiny plastic warriors cringeing in fear, cowards all, not brave, fearful of the advance... knowing that they would soon be the next to buy a shallow grave. Every once in awhile, a game would expire... and a child turn to other interests (cardboard box forts?) and grass would grow. And then... in a week or so... curses would emanate from the back yard as tiny body parts spit from the lawnmower as Dad (picture Godzilla) towered above them... pushing his abbatoir of rotating metal blades of death to render them unto Valhalla.

Awwe youth.....legos, super soakers, and He-Man. By the Power of Greyskull!!!!
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby theo » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:41 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:Can't help myself. Thought this would be good for a laugh. :)

Not bad. If I may make a suggestion; you could construct some cannon out of those penny rolls I see(to cover the flanks of course). If you were old enough to have played with Lincoln Logs you would know to do this. :D Perhaps a mine field made up of copper pennies? I would show you what I mean but my toy soldiers are in my mother's basement :cry:

Just trying to help.
Last edited by theo on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:42 pm

theo wrote:

Not bad. If I may make a suggestion; you could construct some cannon out of those penny rolls (to cover the flanks of course). If you were old enough to have played with Lincoln Logs you would know to do this. :D Perhaps a mine field made up of copper pennies? I would show what I mean but my toy soldiers are in my mother's basement :cry:

Just trying to help.

Doesn't that hurt Mom's knees? :oops:
beauanderos

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:31 pm

Doc,
I showed your war diorama to Barbie and she said, "Totally awesome!" and then asked for your address. I have a feeling she won't be staying with Mrs. shinnosuke and I much longer. <jealousy/on>
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby CardsNCoins » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:39 pm

Nice set up Doc.

As an aside, are you making your own 1 o z silver bars?
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby littlecent » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:55 pm

very talented
littlecent

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:52 pm

CardsNCoins wrote:Nice set up Doc.

Check it out:
http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7396#unread
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:26 pm

CardsNCoins wrote:Nice set up Doc.

Yeah sure am Nick. I had to, all the wild silver is being rapidly domesticated in NY. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals