Will we hit $1700 gold here soon or fall back down to $1600

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Will we hit $1700 gold here soon or fall back down to $1600

Postby Pennysaved » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:08 pm

We had a big run up in gold this afternoon

Do you think we are heading up to $1700 gold here in the next week or two or will there be profit taking and we will be back down to $1600?
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Will we hit $1700 gold here soon or fall back down to $1

Postby Treetop » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:24 pm

so much is going on right now i think you could switch those numbers to 1800 or 1500..... real hard to say imo... will be interesting to see what everyone thinks though.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby schockergd » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:32 pm

All depends on what central banks are doing , if they're buying we'll see 1700 soon , if not we'll see it slide down to 1550 I think. Our unemployment numbers and GDP growth will suck severely through the end of the year.
schockergd
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Double3 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:44 pm

schockergd wrote:All depends on what central banks are doing , if they're buying we'll see 1700 soon , if not we'll see it slide down to 1550 I think. Our unemployment numbers and GDP growth will suck severely through the end of the year.

That is my thinking as well.
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:06 pm

Does it really matter anymore? If you got the money to buy gold...BUY NOW!

The stupid, dumb asses in Washington, D.C. have lost their freaking minds. All this bull[excrement] for six months about the budget, climaxing with Grandma being threatened she will lose her pension checks over what??? A stupid, limp-dick promise to reduce spending by a paltry sum of maybe 2 trillion over the next 10 years??!! That ain't never gonna happen, and we all know it! Who brought the Vaseline for this party?

That is like trying to put out a large forest fire by pissing on the base of the trees.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Gamecock » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:22 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:Does it really matter anymore? If you got the money to buy gold...BUY NOW!

The stupid, dumb asses in Washington, D.C. have lost their freaking minds. All this bull[excrement] for six months about the budget, climaxing with Grandma being threatened she will lose her pension checks over what??? A stupid, limp-dick promise to reduce spending by a paltry sum of maybe 2 trillion over the next 10 years??!! That ain't never gonna happen, and we all know it! Who brought the Vaseline for this party?

That is like trying to put out a large forest fire by pissing on the base of the trees.

i approve this post
"When a government overvalues one type of money and undervalues another, the undervalued money will leave the country or disappear from circulation into hoards, while the overvalued money will flood into circulation."
Gamecock
Penny Pincher Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:08 pm

We will blow thru $1700 in the next two days.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby slickeast » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:15 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:Does it really matter anymore? If you got the money to buy gold...BUY NOW!

That crap about people not getting their S.S. Check was B.S. and ticked me off. My mom is mentally disabled and gets disability S.S. How dare those scumbags use a threat like this as a scare tactic. Many people called their congress person telling them to pass the bill so they could get paid. It is pathetic that the first thing the government was not going to pay are the american people who paid into the S.S. Program for decades the money that belongs to the American people. There are other areas that they could have cut. How about every congress member, senator, house member, or higher government official giving up their check because they are not doing their job.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:26 am

slickeast wrote:

That crap about people not getting their S.S. Check was B.S. and ticked me off. My mom is mentally disabled and gets disability S.S. How dare those scumbags use a threat like this as a scare tactic. Many people called their congress person telling them to pass the bill so they could get paid. It is pathetic that the first thing the government was not going to pay are the american people who paid into the S.S. Program for decades the money that belongs to the American people. There are other areas that they could have cut. How about every congress member, senator, house member, or higher government official giving up their check because they are not doing their job.

It was purely a scare tactic to frighten the most vulnerable of our people. There was never a chance SS checks would not go out. It illustrates how low these sharpies will go. It was lower than whale dung... and that rests on the bottom of the ocean! :evil:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:18 am

Pennysaved wrote:We had a big run up in gold this afternoon

Do you think we are heading up to $1700 gold here in the next week or two or will there be profit taking and we will be back down to $1600?

we're going for 2,000...call me crazy, but thats the real line.

when?...shoot, i'm a terrible mkt timer, but forget about the various hundred marks, its 2000 thats important.

speaking about timelines, i been thinking about this; Nov 2012 is election, Obama has it, for two reasons, first being the Republican party is in disarray, the only guy they have that can capture the middle, (imo) is Chris Christie, and he aint running, coz he aint stupid, he's laying for 2016, which is the smart thing to do, and the second reason is, dont be surprised if something big bad balls out ugly happens, a stinking black swan waddles across the pages of national history, coz people reflexively rally around the sitting President, God only knows what that'll be.

so Obama is sworn in Jan 13......imo, 3rd quarter 13 to 2nd quarter 14, THATS when things get twiggy, so we do got more prep time...not much, and i could be wrong, but we gottta squared away by 1st quarter 13, thats just my feeling. You have a lil more time, dont squander it. (i say that to myself)
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals