Old Boxes

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Old Boxes

Postby beauanderos » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:15 am

Picked up seven boxes of halves today. Three of them are OLD, nearly falling apart. I haven't seen any like this in fifteen months of sorting. So... crack the first one open, and nothing newer then 2001. But... twenty older than 1970. :shock: All forty percenter's, but I'll take em :mrgreen: Second box, nothing. One more box to go tomorrow. Fingers are crossed :)
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Old Boxes

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:41 am

20 40%ers is good stuff. MH can convert to .999 for you and you can play silver bar man like Chris with your own bar! ;)

Good luck on the rest, especially the last OLD box.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:33 am

Opening these boxes makes me feel like an archaeologist studying strata, subjecting geological layers to intense scrutiny as you inspect for dinosaur fossils. Each box is a look into the past, revealing the state of sorting ten years ago. I did find one walker, after all, in the second box. And now... back to "work." :geek:
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:18 am

Third box completed... and better than the first. Three 64's, and twenty-three forty percenters (including one 1970). These are all stained, discolored, corroded, heavily toned coins... anyone know where I can get more boxes like these :lol: :mrgreen:
beauanderos

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:25 am

Good boxes man. Scaled back, but still hammering the silver.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby AGCoinHunter » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:56 am

You are at the bottom of the pallet. Go order some more.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:03 am

AGCoinHunter wrote:You are at the bottom of the pallet. Go order some more.

I don't think there are any more. The bank had ordered nine (even tho I told them to stop) and only received seven.
beauanderos

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals