APMEX suspends sales 'til after Asia opens tonight

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: APMEX suspends sales 'til after Asia opens tonight

Postby beauanderos » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:47 pm

Thogey wrote:
beauanderos wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:i dont care about says, i like Tyler Durden over at Zero Hedge, i'd bet he'd be a hoot to hang out with...speaking of which, i think he intimated that he was staying in the Baltics, Lithathunia to be precise...good heavens, i've been all over the globe, but gee golly,...sink or swim, give me the good old USA over any furreign country anyday...even Switzerland, where they got their poopoo together...Tyler's way cool though....

"Tyler" is about sixty different contributors to that site, with vast and varied backgrounds and experience. Boy, talk about multiple personality disorder!!! :lol:

Dammit Ray, can you pay attention?

We are talking about scotch here!

Oh, Eric... you can be such a big baby at times Image Here... stick your thumb in your mouth (or other orifice) and watch this Image and leave an old man alone.

okay, so I was wrong. From Wikipedia...
Zero Hedge was founded in January 2009.[1] Posts are signed "Tyler Durden," a character in the Chuck Palahniuk book and movie Fight Club,[2] reflecting the blog's activist posture.[1] Despite speculation that "Tyler Durden" is a pseudonym of Daniel Ivandjiiski,[2][3] Ivandjiiski denies being a founder of Zero Hedge. Rather, he says he is one of several writers contributing to the site under the pseudonym.[4] In an interview, "Durden" said there were four contributors to Zero Hedge[1] but another contributor says there are up to 40.[note 1][2] Contributors have experience in various areas of finance and operations, differing from journalists who become experts about finance as they write about it, but have no practical work experience in the sector.[1] The blog is anonymous to protect the contributors from retaliation for dissident speech.[1] Durden maintains this protects its integrity, objectivity and independence, as well. Durden cites the First Amendment to the United States Constitution and a 1995 U.S. Supreme Court case, McIntyre v. Ohio Elections Commission,[1] which upheld anonymity as a right of free speech.[5][note 2]
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Corsair » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:48 pm

Rule 1 about trying to identify Tyler Durden:

Do not try to identify Tyler Durden.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:58 pm

Dewrade is a bubba keg filled with ice, then one can of Mountain dew, topped off with Orange gatorade. This is of course after morning (0400-0500) coffee and a light breakfast, and when you start chores. Kill that off, if you still feel the need for more caffeine, make another, but as the day goes on, lay off the Dew, and go to a gatorade and ice mix. About after midday, get out of your jeans, make sure there isnt any tools or stuff in your shorts or shirt pockets, and get your garden hose and soak yourself, get rid of that dam air conditioning. then as you near finish of chores, make the last Bubba keg, just well water and ice...pour yourself a nice shot of caribean rum, i prefer Mount Gay Silver, or Myers Dark or even Conquering Lion (hard to get) and get two industrial size tranquilizers, wash them down with the rum, chase that with the ice water, your day is done, have fun.

hey, the days may be dark, but that doesnt mean we have to be on edge ALL THE TIME, does it? shoot, walk this thing out with some style, i say...and if i may say this, (no offense to anyone) but pouring anything into hard liqour, ie "mixed drinks" is for women, men drink their liquor straight, and there's nothing WRONG with pouring it atop of a pair of tranks....just two though, it gives a fellow that, "i dont give a damn what happens next" wibbly feeling, which can be used for profit in many a situation, trust me, i been there....and that might include burning down backroad meth labs..or as Hunter Thompson once wrote: "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro".

pearls of wisdom. (lmao)
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:03 pm

Corsair wrote:Rule 1 about trying to identify Tyler Durden:

Do not try to identify Tyler Durden.

THIS i did not know..its TRUE, you DO learn something new everyday..i thought it was one guy...for real.

but i do like that website, coz i like freaks and rebels that ARE authentic...no matter how messy, give me authentic anyday of the week, or simply put in Animal House terms, where do you wanna live, the "Omega" house...or with the "Deltas"?

"sorry"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvR6d08L3nc
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:10 pm

neilgin1 wrote: i say...and if i may say this, (no offense to anyone) but pouring anything into hard liqour, ie "mixed drinks" is for women, men drink their liquor straight.

Now just hold it right there bub......Nothing girlie about a bit of Jack added as welcomed spice to an evening’s Coca-Cola. ;)

However, Ray's Purchase of Hard Lemonade razz-matazle glorious grape or whatever is somewhat in question. Of course after a 16 hour shift one is bound to make poor beverage selections.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Corsair » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:13 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:
neilgin1 wrote: i say...and if i may say this, (no offense to anyone) but pouring anything into hard liqour, ie "mixed drinks" is for women, men drink their liquor straight.

Now just hold it right there bub......Nothing girlie about a bit of Jack added as welcomed spice to an evening’s Coca-Cola. ;)

However, Ray's Purchase of Hard Lemonade razz-matazle glorious grape or whatever is somewhat in question. Of course after a 16 hour shift one is bound to make poor beverage selections.

Haven't laughed that hard on the forum in a while. Thank you, Doc.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:19 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:

i know, i know..thats why i prefaced the whole savage rant with "no offense to anyone"....right or wrong, its just my opinion, or taste, or worldview..much the same i cant even bear Jack...too many evenings gone bad bad wrong, with old Jack as the backdrop, terrible insanity and violence, emergency rooms, broken windows, blood, screaming, crys of 'i'm sorry, i dont know what i just did', and that damn square bottle with that black label, sitting like some gargoyle, perched...oh the horror.

sorry, you say tomatoe......
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:32 pm

Thogey wrote:I'm hoping it's a Scotch recipe. Although I drink it neat. There would be nothing better than mixing Dewars and chainsaws on a hot summer day.

Talk about a thread hijacking!

no no no!! total sobriety when operating a chainsaw, that is SOP number hanna, number one!....either dropping trees, or limbing them, or biscuiting them up, total sobriety is REQUIRED, violation of said Standard Operating Procedure will result in a an azz beating.

now the splitter, there's a bit more latitude, as all you have to do is gas her up, fit the biscuits in the rail and pull the lever, so ...yeh, splitter work, one can be a bit twisted...perfectly alright, though swaying and bobbling, or half lidded eyes, and you might be told to "just stand and watch".

there has to rules, or all you have is disorder. come on. I know they messed you up in the Air Force, but you can be fixed.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:58 pm

All y'all should go together and become a comedy act.... ;)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:09 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:

et tu, Brute? :roll: Now I've gotta watch my back from WV as well as AZ? Fine... live by the sword, die by the sword Image
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Kurr » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:26 pm

I can't drink nothin anymore except Wild Turkey "101" or a premium version i.e. Rare Breed etc.

Jack, Jim, even my once beloved Crown, just tastes "watery" and I can't hack it.

I want it 32 degrees or colder, in an ice cold glass, or from the frozen bottle, and I want no pollutants in it like "ice" to interupt that wonderful, smooth, warm, honey filled mule kick to the gut.

on RARE occasion I canbe persuaded to drink something else, but if you want me to enjoy it, it better be "glenn" something.

I have most of my holding in $$$ right now, can't decide gold or silver, can't figure if the market's going to boom or 2008 all over again. Market is just getting going, they are closing the lock bar on the roller coaster seats, I have this ball of something sitting in my stomach, It might be a good time to start inducing that ""i dont give a damn what happens next" wibbly feeling" niel speaks of till either I or the market stabilizes.
KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE ... UBLICS.pdf
Good reading: Frederic Bastiat "The Law" http://bastiat.org/en/the_law.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears
Kurr

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:42 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:
Oakair wrote:
Thogey wrote:What's Dewrade?

Sounds like something I should know by now.

I think I remember it as Mountain Dew and Gatorade in a Bubba keg?

Lets see if I'm right haha

Thats what I have it down as. :lol:

I remember that thread! That's the recipe.

Someone also suggested you add whiskey, then you will dance the tango and foxtrot! Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot! ;)
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:45 pm

Kurr wrote:I can't drink nothin anymore except Wild Turkey "101" or a premium version i.e. Rare Breed etc.

Jack, Jim, even my once beloved Crown, just tastes "watery" and I can't hack it.

I want it 32 degrees or colder, in an ice cold glass, or from the frozen bottle, and I want no pollutants in it like "ice" to interupt that wonderful, smooth, warm, honey filled mule kick to the gut.

on RARE occasion I canbe persuaded to drink something else, but if you want me to enjoy it, it better be "glenn" something.

I have most of my holding in $$$ right now, can't decide gold or silver, can't figure if the market's going to boom or 2008 all over again. Market is just getting going, they are closing the lock bar on the roller coaster seats, I have this ball of something sitting in my stomach, It might be a good time to start inducing that ""i dont give a damn what happens next" wibbly feeling" niel speaks of till either I or the market stabilizes.

indeed.

may i make a suggestion?...i agree, we DONT know if we get an 08 slam, or a hard money hyperspike, i think in silver, so '08 slam to possibly $10, or a hyperspike to somewhere between 75 to 125.

so why not do 50% NOW, and maintain 50% should we crater.

if silver does crater, its going to be a margin deal short lived,and we take out $50 like it wasnt even there.

Dow down 1,000 to 3,000, maybe it happens in a day or takes the week, SnP definitely takes out 1000.00, and winds up closer to 800.00 than 900.00...AND if Geithener is fired or "resigns"...bad as he is, this will really nail the markets, as it shows how rudderless the whole thing is........AND if Germany "lets" Italy fail..."Italy" will be the Lehman moment of 2011.....just my read....

oh btw......if want THE Scotch...Lagavulin, makes Glen anything seem like nothing...real charcoal in that bad boy...its good.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby hobo finds » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:50 pm

hobo finds

Postby Oakair » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:06 pm

Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals