Did I make a good deal?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Did I make a good deal?

Postby galenrog » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:56 pm

Just got back from making a minor private transaction. Bought a 4.25 ozt silver sports card. Topps 1990 Juan Gonzalez, if that is important, in the plastic case with the COA. Price $155. Did I make a good trade? I think so. Any opinions from the forum??
Mine Gold, Buy Silver. It Fills the Safe Faster.
galenrog
Penny Collector Member

Re: Did I make a good deal?

Postby Thogey » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:59 pm

Below melt. Sounds good to me.

Is it .999?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby blackrabbit » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:59 pm

$155 divided by 4.25 = $36.47 per ounce. So if that card is .999 silver that is very nice deal.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby mr18 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:52 pm

Great deal @ $36.47ozt. But just remember if you ever want to get rid of it, its not easily recognizable and you may have to sell it for below melt.
mr18
Penny Pincher Member

Postby kidman232 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:55 pm

i know a guy obsessed with juan gonzo and also collects silver, he might be very interested in that. send me a pm, and ill get in touch with him if you want
never enough silver
kidman232
Penny Collector Member

Postby scrapper2010 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:59 am

Sounds cool. I used to trade baseball cards 24/7 as a youngster. Got any pics?
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Know Common Cents » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:52 am

.999 Ag in any form is a good catch under spot. Silver is silver. When I'm buying silver rounds, it doesn't matter to me if they're for Christmas 1973 or for Fred's graduation in 1981.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals