Emough already...this guy has to be taken out.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Emough already...this guy has to be taken out.

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:01 pm

I believe in the free market, with all my heart. i believe in responsibility and due diligence, but that fellow on Ebay, what "found a dusty old safe"....filled with "dusty old rolls", that he "doesnt have the time to go through" is ramping and ramping big.

Now i told you all, if we ever had a grid down trading enviroment, what would happen to crooked dealers, in my neck of the woods. Fortunately, that time hasnt come...yet. But i implore you brothers, take ten minutes and report each of this listings to Ebay, its very simple. right hand side, "report listing", then another page,a drop down menu.."listing activities"...then "fradulent listings practices"...hit continue, then hit "report"...dont have to write anything, its just like pounding nails in a coffin. if Ebay wants to neglect their fidicuiary duty, so be it, but we are the good guys, sqaure joes and we DO have power, and integrity, lets wield that power.

http://cgi.ebay.com/20-Coin-Roll-Half-D ... 35b421316f

http://cgi.ebay.com/20-Coin-Roll-Half-D ... 35b42135c2

http://cgi.ebay.com/20-Coin-Roll-Half-D ... 35b421378f

http://cgi.ebay.com/20-Coin-Roll-Half-D ... 35b42151b6

http://cgi.ebay.com/20-Coin-Roll-Half-D ... 35b42159a4

http://cgi.ebay.com/old-style-3-00-Roll ... 35b421623d

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0655354996

http://cgi.ebay.com/20-Coin-Roll-Half-D ... 35b4216b84

http://cgi.ebay.com/5-00-old-roll-Quart ... 35b4217af7

http://cgi.ebay.com/old-style-3-00-Roll ... 35b4217bbe

http://cgi.ebay.com/5-00-old-roll-Quart ... 35b42199ec

http://cgi.ebay.com/5-00-old-roll-Quart ... 35b421b398

i know your time is valueable....but this will be time well spent...end him!
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: Emough already...this guy has to be taken out.

Postby NDFarmer » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:09 pm

I like the disclaimer he added in huge letter that he can not guarantee the years of the coins in the rolls but he will guarantee that the rolls that are supposed to have 50 cent pieces in them will be 50 pieces.

I can't believe people are falling for this.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby natsb88 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:17 pm

There is also this option for reporting:

Listing practices > Other listing practices > Jewelry, precious metals, and loose beads

("The listing is for jewelry, precious metals, or loose beads that may be listed outside of the correct category, described inaccurately, or misrepresented.")
natsb88
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:23 pm

go for it....however you do it. i know we got other things to tend to; but in the middle all this mess, this deer tick is preying on folks who are scared, and unknowledgable, if it was a SHTF situation in trade? well, i dont even want to write the ugly bad things i'm thinking.

just take him out, legally.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:34 am

HA! IF these coin rolls have been locked up to a really long time... How did they get dust all over them??!

caveat emptor. Let the buyer beware (all you suckers!!) Take him down, Neil.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:38 am

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:HA! IF these coin rolls have been locked up to a really long time... How did they get dust all over them??!

caveat emptor. Let the buyer beware (all you suckers!!) Take him down, Neil.

done and done...help me out though, you get ten minutes of righteous fury free.......member in the movies, when the Duke would head up the good guys charging in, rifles blazing...in that spirit...come on Sheikh, O Terror of the Wasteland...ride with me bud!!!
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:59 am

I know it's unethical, Neil, but I am laughing my ass off at the ignorant fools bidding up a $20 roll of "pig in a poke" to $80.00!!! :lol: http://cgi.ebay.com/20-Coin-Roll-Half-D ... 35b42135c2

The old man taught me how many auctions are rigged as a little boy. He did so at a Sheriff's auction (no less!) when I was about 12 years old. There were shills planted by the auctioneer in the crowd who knew how to bid up an item and then shut up and let the sucker buy the item! Dad got many people in the crowd to work with him and they turned the tables on the bad guys. That is what is going on here.

It goes against my nature of staying out of the way of fools throwing away their money, but I will ride with you on these.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NDFarmer » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:42 am

I reported each auction but like always ebay has done nothing yet.
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:47 am

NDFarmer wrote:I reported each auction but like always ebay has done nothing yet.

I don't know how they work - I'm never satisfied with their responsiveness (but then they must have to deal with millons of these a day) - but many times I've seen them work behind the scenes, especially on hijacked accounts where the user and all the actions just disappear.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Pennybug » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:58 pm

Let me ask a question to everyone attacking this guy....

Let's say I buy a roll of these halves. I open it... it's solid 40%'er's. I post his fact with pictures on this site. Would this change your view/opinion of this auction? :geek:

I may just run a poll on this... since this keeps coming up. I'm not going to go into anything here as far as my stance on this... I'm just curious.
Pennybug
Penny Collector Member

Postby Oakair » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:03 pm

Pennybug wrote:Let me ask a question to everyone attacking this guy....

Let's say I buy a roll of these halves. I open it... it's solid 40%'er's. I post his fact with pictures on this site. Would this change your view/opinion of this auction? :geek:

I may just run a poll on this... since this keeps coming up. I'm not going to go into anything here as far as my stance on this... I'm just curious.

I would be impressed and commend you on your luck...

People should think before spending their money though...this guy is doing nothing wrong except being more successful than should be possible...listings like this are most likely quite common, but i would guess its rare that they are lucrative...

Now that guy scamming people with those peace dollars the other day...that I have a problem with...
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby blackrabbit » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Yes I would totally surprised and have a changed mind. Do it, I bet you a peace dollar its not a solid silver roll.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby NDFarmer » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:35 pm

Pennybug wrote:Let me ask a question to everyone attacking this guy....

Do you honestly think this guy doesn't know what is in these rolls? No one is going to sell these with out looking at them. It is just human nature. If you had all these rolls sitting on your desk can you honestly say you wouldn't look through them. I might be wrong but I would also bet that all you are going to get is one silver coin on each end of the roll.
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby tn-dave » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:56 pm

Although I can not gaurantee the years of the coins inside... I DO GAUARANTEE THAT THEY WILL CONTAIN US COINAGE CONSISTANT WITH WHAT SHOULD BE IN THE ROLLS. I CAN FEEL THE ROLLS FROM THE OUTSIDE AND KNOW THAT THEY ARE IN FACT FILLED WITH THE TYPE OF COIN THAT SHOULD BE WITHIN THE ROLL.

wow...lol
tn-dave
Penny Collector Member

Postby Pennybug » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:46 pm

blackrabbit wrote:Yes I would totally surprised and have a changed mind. Do it, I bet you a peace dollar its not a solid silver roll.

OK... would you SERIOUSLY mail me a Peace dollar if I SERIOUSLY buy one and it IS SERIOUSLY a roll of 40% ers? Because you just SERIOUSLY upped the potential payout on one of those rolls. ;) ... to the point that I might order one. I know already that I'd get at least $18 back (that's the value of the two showing halves and the remaining presumed clad halves. If they were all 40% ers... that'd give me $200 in halves and $30 for a piece. If I spend $85 or so to get them... I'd potentially triple my money (300% gain). If they are all clads... I loose about 80% of my investment. That's not bad odds to settle a long standing issue on this forum. If I'm scammed... then I'm scammed. Wouldn't be the 1st time... but at least I went into it KNOWING what I may come up with.
Pennybug
Penny Collector Member

Postby Oakair » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:56 pm

Pennybug wrote:
blackrabbit wrote:Yes I would totally surprised and have a changed mind. Do it, I bet you a peace dollar its not a solid silver roll.

OK... would you SERIOUSLY mail me a Peace dollar if I SERIOUSLY buy one and it IS SERIOUSLY a roll of 40% ers? Because you just SERIOUSLY upped the potential payout on one of those rolls. ;) ... to the point that I might order one. I know already that I'd get at least $18 back (that's the value of the two showing halves and the remaining presumed clad halves. If they were all 40% ers... that'd give me $200 in halves and $30 for a piece. If I spend $85 or so to get them... I'd potentially triple my money (300% gain). If they are all clads... I loose about 80% of my investment. That's not bad odds to settle a long standing issue on this forum. If I'm scammed... then I'm scammed. Wouldn't be the 1st time... but at least I went into it KNOWING what I may come up with.

Trying to hedge your risk eh?

Too bad you would owe the Rabbit a Peace if it wasn't a solid silver roll...

All this does is increase your risk and return...

Good luck if you do plan on bidding, cant say we didn't warn ya ;)
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby HoldingAg » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:13 pm

This is getting pretty interesting. I would give you a 90% franklin, kennedy, or walking liberty junk half if its a solid 40% roll. I would expect the same back if its 2 40percenters and clad garbage. Bid and take pics the day you receive and post them up here... You in?
Remember... Even A Slow Drip Can Fill A Bucket!
HoldingAg

Postby Pennybug » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:26 pm

HoldingAg wrote:This is getting pretty interesting. I would give you a 90% franklin, kennedy, or walking liberty junk half if its a solid 40% roll. I would expect the same back if its 2 40percenters and clad garbage. Bid and take pics the day you receive and post them up here... You in?

:lol:

Yes it is getting interesting...

IF I were dishonest... I could rig it and show you all pics of halves I have already. BUT... I'm NOT dishonest! :P I'm also not really into gambling... so I suppose I'd better just chop this off now! Sorry everyone... I'm pulling the plug. NOT because I don't think that this guy's a raw scammer... but because I don't gamble.... and you guy's are coming up with some pretty tempting bets here! :D . I am however still considering ordering a roll... I dunno... for some reason... I believe the guy. Seriously... 3 years ago I'd have done the SAME thing as this dude. I could have CARED LESS about a dang silver (or clad) half dollar. The REAL problem I think that most folks are having here is that they believe that this person should (and does) value the silver in those coins the same as everyone else does. If he doesn't care about the silver in those rolls... then what's it to him? I dunno. Maybe he really is too lazy to open them!
Pennybug
Penny Collector Member

Postby NDFarmer » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:47 pm

Just thinking if you wanted to buy a roll and have it sent to a third party like the Doc, or Copper Catcher, or Hoard and have them open it I would bet a Morgan that it isn't going to be a full of silver. Even 40%ers. There might be one or two extra 40%ers mixed in a roll but no way will it be a full roll. So if you are going to pay over $100.00 for the roll I don't think you would come anywhere close to having that much silver in the roll. I guess once some feedbacks get posted we will see if people are saying they got $300.00 worth of silver in those $100.00 rolls. If those kind of feedback comments get posted then I will say I was wrong.
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NDFarmer » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:03 am

Pennybug, I hate to say I told you so but take a look at this guys feedback. He is shipping out rolls with one 40%er on each each end and clad junk in between. His feedback is going in the crapper and his rolls have went from getting bids of over $100.00 to getting bids under $10.00 But I am sure he doesn't care about his feedback rating because he already made many of thousands of dollars screwing people and feebay still hasn't shut him down because they are getting their fees on his scam.
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Pennybug » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:03 am

NDFarmer wrote:Pennybug, I hate to say I told you so but take a look at this guys feedback. He is shipping out rolls with one 40%er on each each end and clad junk in between. His feedback is going in the crapper and his rolls have went from getting bids of over $100.00 to getting bids under $10.00 But I am sure he doesn't care about his feedback rating because he already made many of thousands of dollars screwing people and feebay still hasn't shut him down because they are getting their fees on his scam.

Yep... seems you all were right. I stand corrected. Scammer for sure! Needs to be taken out.
Pennybug
Penny Collector Member

Postby blackrabbit » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:00 am

I can't believe this scum is still feeding on people. Who does he think he is, Bank of America or something!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:04 am

"Silver on ends, all 1968 quarters in the middle...not sure how that's possible"

Idiot! Can you pronounce this word? F-R-A-U-D? That's how it's possible!

This jerkwad needs to be kicked off eBay.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:04 am

blackrabbit wrote:I can't believe this scum is still feeding on people. Who does he think he is, Bank of America or something!

:lol:
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby chris6084 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:52 am

Look at this guys feedback and the items this guy has bought, lots of coins, including 40% halves! Hmmm, I thought he wasn't into coins.

And his negative feedback has started coming in.
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals