And... They're Off!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: And... They're Off!

Postby rsk1963 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:37 pm

a song of the hour for me, and hopefully for ya'll as well.

those that sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither

the bee...gathers it's materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of it's own.
rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:22 am

I don't think anything substantial will hold for the duration of the day Monday. Not in PM gains anyways. TPTB will be trying to crush gold and silver all day. They will have the band playing all day on the Titantic trying to keep everyone calm.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Oakair » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:41 am

slickeast wrote:I don't think anything substantial will hold for the duration of the day Monday. Not in PM gains anyways. TPTB will be trying to crush gold and silver all day. They will have the band playing all day on the Titantic trying to keep everyone calm.

They'll be playing for themselves at this point...

Not saying they wont succeed in a short term slam, but increasing numbers of people will start taking heed of PMs importance
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:55 am

We have to remember that this forum is ultra-sensitive to:
1. the price of PMs
2. the worthlessness of FRNs
3. the unconstitutional nature of successive administration activities and policies

If you go to a public place today, it's very unlikely most people are talking about the price of Au. The vast majority still don't see the critical nature of what's unfolding before our very eyes.

Moral of the story:
Act now!
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Lemon Thrower » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:11 am

market hours are indicated at the bottom:

{img] http://www.kitco.com/images/live/silver.gif[/img]
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:23 am

Up and scanning the overnight news. Dog woke me up just before midnight and I got to see the line cross 1700 right on my phone after it happened. Asian markets closed down 2-3%, ending on a rising note. Europe started up, then have headed down since - currently down 2-3% and trending down. Silver has moderated back below 40. Gold still holding near 1710. Dow futures off 2+%.

Everyone will be waiting to see what the US opening trendlines are. It will open down, but where does it go from there is the question.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Double3 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:28 am

shinnosuke wrote:We have to remember that this forum is ultra-sensitive to:
1. the price of PMs
2. the worthlessness of FRNs
3. the unconstitutional nature of successive administration activities and policies

If you go to a public place today, it's very unlikely most people are talking about the price of Au. The vast majority still don't see the critical nature of what's unfolding before our very eyes.

Moral of the story:
Act now!

This is spot on.

I will not hear one person say anything about gold today.
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:46 am

good morning 1700 dollar + gold.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:14 am

there are a lot of really good choice rolls offered on Ebay, and i noticed last night before i went to bed, that even the ones two, three and four days out have multiple STRONG bids on them...nice rolls too, a lot of choice Morgans, (all offered by straight up sellers) a lot of Peace Dollars, ASE's, and a scad of choice Franklins...even the circ 90%'ers are trading strong.

is seems to me, you're getting a second wave of fence sitters, who waited, and suddenly got religion, and now they wont think twice about paying 33 to 36X on the 90's..or more.
i got a lil shopping list in my head, just to fill out the edges so to speak...a roll of ASE's, a roll of Peace Dollars and a couple of rolls of solid date halves or quarters.....BU's...i got more than dirty circ's...but see, my dilema, if you can call it that, is i got to buy 500 gallons of propane and a propane genny...i'm not whining....the generator and the propane GOT to come first, i want to lock that stuff down with these FRN's before it turns into for real monopoly money...darn, at least i got 62 proof IKE's headed my way...thats something.

ohhhh, i pray this day and week aint too much of a fricking nightmare, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:18 am

ps...please, if any of you all, got the time, and the fury...check out my thread "Emough(sic) Already..." where i list the scam offering of the dusty vault man, and zip in your complaints to Ebay...it might be futile, but it is something...nuff said.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby scrapper2010 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:56 am

neilgin1 wrote:is seems to me, you're getting a second wave of fence sitters, who waited, and suddenly got religion, and now they wont think twice about paying 33 to 36X on the 90's..or more.

Neil, I think you nailed that. And I have to admit I count myself as one too. A few months back I was very hesitant to buy when spot was $40+. Now, you know, $40 aint looking so bad.
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:31 am

scrapper2010 wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:is seems to me, you're getting a second wave of fence sitters, who waited, and suddenly got religion, and now they wont think twice about paying 33 to 36X on the 90's..or more.

Neil, I think you nailed that. And I have to admit I count myself as one too. A few months back I was very hesitant to buy when spot was $40+. Now, you know, $40 aint looking so bad.

oh Scrapper, so thats YOU biding like that! lol..i know you GOT to know your stuff, watch out for that "dusty safe" fellow, and there's also a guy offering multiple rolls of 90's with the same pic..not that there's any blatantly wrong with him, or his offerings, something about generic multiple listings of 90's on Ebay, always makes me wary...i guess that's why, Thank God, i never got jammed on Ebay.

good bidding brother, and ramp it up, its a bull market...slash and burn, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:34 am

And Dow starts at near previous close and immediately drops 200+ points, and dropping...
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:58 am

68Camaro wrote:And Dow starts at near previous close and immediately drops 200+ points, and dropping...

25 minutes into it, spent first 20 minutes bouncing around trying to find direction. Went down. Headed back up. Reversed and going down again. Back past 200 down. Going for a coffee now - take my eye off and then do some real work while it does whatever.

PMs have backed off while waiting for something else to happen.
68Camaro

Postby Market Harmony » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:04 am

68Camaro wrote:
68Camaro wrote:And Dow starts at near previous close and immediately drops 200+ points, and dropping...

25 minutes into it, spent first 20 minutes bouncing around trying to find direction. Went down. Headed back up. Reversed and going down again. Back past 200 down. Going for a coffee now - take my eye off and then do some real work while it does whatever.

PMs have backed off while waiting for something else to happen.

yes... good idea. If you can hedge, then do it, otherwise, everyone should just stay away from this stock market. I'm planning trades for Wednesday after the dust settles somewhat
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby Deathwish_DW » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:04 am

Just googling "dow" and seeing the live chart and how it dropped that much at open.. jesus >.>
Deathwish_DW
Penny Pincher Member

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:25 am

Amazingly, the power-shorts tried a silver take-down today, in the midst of all this other crap. Doesn't look like it "took". Popped back up. Market is too much for them today, maybe.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:28 am

Lemon Thrower wrote:market hours are indicated at the bottom:

I want to thank you for posting the direct image link (mistakingly or not) to the charts, as the raw images load instantly, while the image page - when the market is busy - sometimes never loads. It probably should have been obvious as a solution, but it hadn't occuredt o me. I've bookmarked both the gold and silver chart links directly! :)
68Camaro

Postby WizardTN » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:24 pm

Make an htnl file for your desktop with the links you want to see. Then when you click on it, it will show both (or however many) at once.
WizardTN
Penny Pincher Member

Postby hobo finds » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:29 pm

hobo finds

Postby hobo finds » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:33 pm

Copper down below $4.00 lb
hobo finds

Postby Oakair » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:36 pm

Nickel below 10...

Silver and gold charts are pretty much opposite each other at this point...I wish I could BUY silver!!!
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby WizardTN » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:42 pm

Buy SLV if you want to jump in and out on paper.
WizardTN
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Oakair » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:45 pm

WizardTN wrote:Buy SLV if you want to jump in and out on paper.

Its more the lack of funds right now...

But ya, SLV is always a good play...wish I had a margin account though, shorting some gold would be a pretty good play as well I figure
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby WizardTN » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:50 pm

Doesn't take much to setup a ScotTrade account. Good for daytrading.
WizardTN
Penny Pincher Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals