$1800???

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

$1800???

Postby beauanderos » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:40 pm

Wow! Love to keep that spike intact. You go, Gold! Image
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: $1800???

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:44 pm

Came within 80 cents of my earlier call. Rallying back now.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:32 pm

Remember when we thought half of that - $900 - was high? I could kick myself.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby hirbonzig » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:11 pm

I sure wish I still had all my double eagles that I had to sell way back in Oct. 2002 to help pay for a wedding and honeymoon!! I only have one left. :(
“Someone’s gonna have to go back and get a sh*t load of dimes.”
hirbonzig
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Oakair » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:22 pm

hirbonzig wrote:I sure wish I still had all my double eagles that I had to sell way back in Oct. 2002 to help pay for a wedding and honeymoon!! I only have one left. :(

Ya, Im kicking myself for selling a proof set of eagles for 1550$ a few years back...Whats even worse is that I just blew the money... :oops:

Lessons gotta be learned the hard way I guess...
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:17 pm

over $1800 as the Asian markets open...........now $1804.40
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Oakair » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:30 pm

IdahoCopper wrote:over $1800 as the Asian markets open...........now $1804.40

Good day and getting better...this is a pretty steep climb, lets see if we can predict the (imo inevitable, but temporary) pullback well enough to make some $ shorting ;)
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby justj2k78 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:38 pm

Well spank my ass and call me Charlie! $1800 already... damn, wish I gotten on the train sooner!
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Double3 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:49 pm

This is getting a little out of hand.

How am I supposed to build a stack at these prices? :shock:
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:52 pm

Double3 wrote:This is getting a little out of hand.

You're looking at it the wrong way. You are still able to give away perfectly worthless FRNs and get gold. Didn't buy at $1500? That's OK. Just tack on an extra $300 in monopoly money and stack away. The price is going higher, by the way.

Or you could do the risky thing and wait for the price to drop.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Double3 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:06 pm

shinnosuke wrote:

You're looking at it the wrong way. You are still able to give away perfectly worthless FRNs and get gold. Didn't buy at $1500? That's OK. Just tack on an extra $300 in monopoly money and stack away. The price is going higher, by the way.

I've been buying :D

Just not since it blew though the 1700's

Told myself to wait when it ran into the 1600's but couldn't help myself and picked up some. Glad I did.
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby justj2k78 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:10 pm

Double3 wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:

I've been buying :D

Just not since it blew though the 1700's

Told myself to wait when it ran into the 1600's but couldn't help myself and picked up some. Glad I did.

I'll continue to buy, but super-fractional is the way I have to go about it. They'll probably invent the 1/100 oz GAE just for me.
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:20 pm

shinnosuke wrote:Remember when we thought half of that - $900 - was high? I could kick myself.

LOL! Yeah, you would not believe the sales job the Sheikh had to do on the #1 wife before she agreed to spend the money for $900 gold. Finally, she looked at me and said: " You'll never sell this will you?" Reply: "Only as a last resort to buy your medicine, Sweetie." Nuff said. We bought all we could from $900 to $1,000.

That was not enough. Wish we could have bought more! ;) Oh, well, there is still silver and copper, and LAND!
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:44 pm

I still think silver is the way to go. Ok, you bought at $900, now its worth $1800. You doubled your money. If you had bought $900 in silver back then you probably would have tripled your money.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby Chief » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:58 pm

shinnosuke wrote:

I like this quote saying, "why hold onto worthless paper, buy gold!"
I've only been buying since gold was +/- $1530 (5 weeks ago), and wow, gold is rocking it!!!
I can't wait for the rise to $2000 and to infinity......
I blame realcent for my interest in Au, Ag, and Cu. Thanks!
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby VWBEAMER » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:34 pm

hirbonzig wrote:I sure wish I still had all my double eagles that I had to sell way back in Oct. 2002 to help pay for a wedding and honeymoon!! I only have one left. :(

Join the crowd... ;)
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:23 pm

removed by poster...too whiny.
Last edited by neilgin1 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:52 pm

But $1800 can buy so many other things - like 72 more boxes of pennies to sort!!
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rosco » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:46 am

Neil you are not alone I'm in for past two 1/2 years and still kick myself for not starting sooner as my problem-child Son suggested In 2002 but hind sight is BS.

We just need to do our best to help when they come to terms with Reality :mrgreen:
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:09 am

Rosco wrote:Neil you are not alone I'm in for past two 1/2 years and still kick myself for not starting sooner as my problem-child Son suggested In 2002 but hind sight is BS.

We just need to do our best to help when they come to terms with Reality :mrgreen:

wise words, for which i thank you, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby scrapper2010 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:58 am

shinnosuke wrote:

Unfortunately I have no choice but wait for the drop, if it ever happens. I'm using all my monopoly money to buy food, gas, house, kids medical bills, and maybe a silver dime on payday if I'm lucky.
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:00 am

scrapper2010 wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:

Unfortunately I have no choice but wait for the drop, if it ever happens. I'm using all my monopoly money to buy food, gas, house, kids medical bills, and maybe a silver dime on payday if I'm lucky.

Your name seems to indicate you're into inventive means of earning a buck. Plastic bags are cheap. How about if you went thru your neighborhood and left flyers promoting the benefits of recycling? Indicate you'll be happy to collect any aluminum weekly (and prevents unwanted dumpster divers from ransacking their trash), and that their saving cans for you ensures 100% efficiency, rather than missed items buried in garbage. You can then recycle the aluminum for proceeds with which to buy silver. We're coming into hard times... everyone needs to get a little creative.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:47 pm

neilgin1 wrote:removed by poster...too whiny.

This was the one I was looking for to respond to, which I had seen earlier in the day but when I had no time to respond. From my memory of it I'm very sympathetic to the situation (and empathy isn't a strong trait of mine). Very transparent of you, but I wouldn't call it whiney one bit. I have no solution for you - at least at this point - but prayer. Hang in there bro. And never stop praying for them.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals