dumb question, but...

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

dumb question, but...

Postby justj2k78 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:44 pm

So I've come across a bit of scrap jewelry - old rings. I can figure out what to do with the gold - save a bunch, send to a refiner, trade, wear around my bedroom :oops: , etc. But what about the diamonds that are in there? Would it be best to visit a jeweler? Pluck the diamonds to save and move on with the gold? Anyone here have advice?
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: dumb question, but...

Postby scrapman1077 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:11 pm

I use ARA in Dallas, they refine the gold and you can have it back or pool it to sell later or sell upon completion , they also have a diamond buyer come in once a week and will make a bid on your stones.
No, I do not work for them, I have been a satisfied customer for years. PM if you need more info.
scrapman1077
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby RichardPenny43 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:22 pm

Last edited by RichardPenny43 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby justj2k78 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:31 pm

RichardPenny43 wrote:Go to a jeweler to get them appraised "for insurance" to get an honest price, then shop around and sell them for the best price. I assume when you say you 'came across them', that means free so its all profit?

Yeah some older stuff that my wife accumulated along the way, so nothing invested... at least not be me! :lol:
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:09 am

justj2k78 wrote:So I've come across a bit of scrap jewelry - old rings. I can figure out what to do with the gold - save a bunch, send to a refiner, trade, wear around my bedroom :oops: , etc. But what about the diamonds that are in there? Would it be best to visit a jeweler? Pluck the diamonds to save and move on with the gold? Anyone here have advice?

Send them here:

The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby blackrabbit » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:03 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:34 am

justj2k78 wrote:So I've come across a bit of scrap jewelry - old rings.

Find a lapidary club or check a lapidary magazine. See if anyone there wants the rocks.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby scrapper2010 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:44 am

Lol, that's too funny. Best part, Get Information Right Meow.
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby ardorlan » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:14 pm

beauanderos wrote:
justj2k78 wrote:So I've come across a bit of scrap jewelry - old rings. I can figure out what to do with the gold - save a bunch, send to a refiner, trade, wear around my bedroom :oops: , etc. But what about the diamonds that are in there? Would it be best to visit a jeweler? Pluck the diamonds to save and move on with the gold? Anyone here have advice?

Send them here:

My wife has 2 cats, and I am willing to exchange the cats for gold.
ardorlan
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals