Report from the coin dealer front lines

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Report from the coin dealer front lines

Postby Slaphot » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:53 am

The uneducated middle class are selling all of their gold as fast as they can based on the "gold is a bubble" headlines in media. There will be a huge wealth transfer from the sheeple to the people who are educated on our flawed monetary system.
Our secretary came into work the other day and told everyone that if they had any old gold jewelry that we should sell it, because she got a few hundred dollars for hers. I felt bad for her. I wanted to say that you should have just held onto it.
Here is a good article on what is happening on the front lines of the coin and PM industry.

http://www.news.coinupdate.com/report-from-the-coin-dealer-front-lines/l]
Slaphot
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Report from the coin dealer front lines

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:03 am

THANK YOU SLAP!!!

holy smokes! since the guy aint "pitching" , just reporting, his veracity is unquestionable,and that is about some of the most bullish news i've seen. I'd post it on my FB page, but with my very public stand on either Ron Paul or draft Chris Christie for President, they all think i went batty.

you got me so bullish, i can hardly see straight, only constrained by the fact i got to use FRN's to make land improvements. How them Pirates doing?,,,i been rooting for you all, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby justj2k78 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:08 am

neilgin1 wrote:THANK YOU SLAP!!!

I'd post it on my FB page, but with my very public stand on either Ron Paul or draft Chris Christie for President, they all think i went batty.

While I'm sure you know this already, it is always good to remind each other to be careful what we share via social media. While it's great to share information, be careful you aren't advertising what you may or may not have... just a friendly reminder to all, not just Neil. :)
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Treetop » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:12 am

my grandma just sold her dads stack of silver pulled out of circulation about a month before it spiked above 30..... I tried to stop her, she planned it for years, but the TV finally convinced her I was wrong.... stupid part is she didnt even need the money.
Last edited by Treetop on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:20 am

justj2k78 wrote:

I'd post it on my FB page, but with my very public stand on either Ron Paul or draft Chris Christie for President, they all think i went batty.

While I'm sure you know this already, it is always good to remind each other to be careful what we share via social media. While it's great to share information, be careful you aren't advertising what you may or may not have... just a friendly reminder to all, not just Neil. :)

you are SO right...i have my settings TIGHT on FB, and i want to get off, BUT, i have old navy buddies, old GF's (getting divorced) and dont wanna lose contact, but you are very right in your warnings....that place is frigging sinister.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby justj2k78 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:06 am

neilgin1 wrote:
justj2k78 wrote:

you are SO right...i have my settings TIGHT on FB, and i want to get off, BUT, i have old navy buddies, old GF's (getting divorced) and dont wanna lose contact, but you are very right in your warnings....that place is frigging sinister.

Oh don't get me wrong, I have a facebook account, but... I keep it light! 8-)
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:55 am

There will always be wealth transfer from the "mis-informed" and/or the "impatient" the patient and/or "well informed".

This is the way of life. Sort of a modern "survival of the fittest".

If it weren't gold it would be something else. And it will be. And it already is, of course.

The stock market is the ultimate example of this, in my opinion, as it allows near instantaneous reshuffling on a daily basis.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:58 am

No FB for me, as long as I can stand it. So far the temptation has been near zero.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby TXBullion » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:00 pm

I was at the coin shop a few days back, normally 1 or 2 people, there was 14. Several selling scrap broken gold an old grandma trying to buy an ounce, and I was trying to do a trade :lol: Not sure what everyone else was in there for....
TXBullion

Postby fb101 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:25 pm

One of the signs we're on the right track.
fb101

Postby IdahoCopper » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:29 pm

I quit FB last year. I was disgusted with the privacy BS. The purpose of FB is to downgrade everyone's expectations of privacy, so that in 10 or 20 years, the new normal is no privacy.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby PennyBoy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:15 am

IdahoCopper wrote:I quit FB last year. I was disgusted with the privacy BS. The purpose of FB is to downgrade everyone's expectations of privacy, so that in 10 or 20 years, the new normal is no privacy.

You just hit the nail on the head.
When people lose everything, and have nothing left to lose, they lose it.-Gerald Celente

My feedback: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8534

Happiness is the key to success.
PennyBoy
Penny Collector Member

Postby realfoot » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:13 am

[/quote]

While I'm sure you know this already, it is always good to remind each other to be careful what we share via social media. While it's great to share information, be careful you aren't advertising what you may or may not have... just a friendly reminder to all, not just Neil. :)[/quote]

you are SO right...i have my settings TIGHT on FB, and i want to get off, BUT, i have old navy buddies, old GF's (getting divorced) and dont wanna lose contact, but you are very right in your warnings....that place is frigging sinister.[/quote

i will never have a fb account,because of the many ways it can be used to spy on you by the gov,the boss,ect.i as a hoarder(i have one merc) am happy staying under the radar.this is the same reason why i don't have a carry permit.the 2nd ammendment all ready gives me the right to have firearms.
in God i trust. all others pay with precious metals.
realfoot

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals