worried i might be dealing with a shady seller

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

worried i might be dealing with a shady seller

Postby kidman232 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:41 pm

I snagged a small lot of silver coins, think it was like $1.50 face if that at a really good price. I paid at the end of july via paypal, it said delivery would be 3-4 days. after 10 days nothing had arrived, so i sent the seller an email. He didnt reply after 2 days, so i opened a case on ebay for goods not received. He immediatly responds back to that saying he is on vacation and doesnt know what is going on, but he will refund me right now if i want. I tell him id rather have the coins than the refund and to let me know what happens when he gets back home. a couple days later i get a message saying the post office returned them for some postage reason and they he was going to send the coins out again on saturday. Today I come home and he says again that the coins have been returned to him as undeliverable and asking me to verify my address with him.

I am getting the feeling that this guy doesnt want to let the coins go cheap and is stalling for me to just take a refund so he can resell them again now that silver is back int he 40's.
never enough silver
kidman232
Penny Collector Member

Re: worried i might be dealing with a shady seller

Postby Thogey » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:44 pm

Take your refund give neutral(or cancel the transaction) feedback and get on with your life.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby avidbrandy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:45 pm

I had something similar to this happen through blujay.com

Just so you know, opening up a ticket with ebay is not official. if you want to protect your money open up a ticket with paypal. You have 45 days to do so after purchasing the item. Paypal will protect your money. Ebay will NOT! I ended up getting my money refunded by the man within a day of me opening my ticket through paypal because once you do that there's no real way to get scammed. Paypal will take care of you (have I said that enough times?)
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TXTim » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:13 pm

I had good luck opening a case with ebay.
Got a refund in 2 weeks.
Seller had the balls to criticize me for neutral feedback. I had e-mails from other buyers with the same problem with the same seller.
The crook is now banned!
Beer is my currency
TXTim
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:22 pm

That's an awful lot of trouble to go thru just to score a few cents more on $1.50 worth of face. Take your refund and get on with your life.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby fb101 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:03 pm

I had a few issues like that on ebay. Ebay was useless. Wound up with a refund, on another the guy offered me substitute goods and I took it.
fb101

Postby coppertone » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:05 pm

Earlier in the spring I bought a group on E-Bay that did not arrive. After a little correspondence with the seller I accepted a refund. A short time later the same coins were again on sale on E-Bay, this time the bids were hiher that what I paid. Stuff like that happens, take the refund while you can.
coppertone
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Thogey » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:09 pm

It's a character thing.

I have absolutely eaten sh#T as a seller on a few e-bay auctions. You suck it up and make good.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals