B of A teller tells me about her silver finds :-(

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

B of A teller tells me about her silver finds :-(

Postby Pennysaved » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:51 pm

I went to one of my pick up banks and my halves didn't come in yet and the merchant teller asked me what I was looking for.

I usually just say older collectible ones vs saying silver.

She then said she collects the silver ones. She said a couple weeks ago a woman came in with 2 solid rolls of 90% silver and was turning them in; the teller pointed out to her that they were silver and the woman said she really didn't care that she just really needed the money; the teller told me she bought one roll and another teller bought the other roll.

She then told me how a local merchant brought in a deposit yesterday and had a $1 face of silver dimes and once again she pointed this out to the merchant and the merchant said they really didn't care and just to deposit them; of course the teller bought those too.

I tried to talk her into selling me any silver she finds at a fair price but she just kind of smiled and kept talking.

She told me that at her old branch an old man had over $600 face of silver certificates from the early 1900's and when he died his widow came in and just wanted to cash them in at face value; she said the old lady said she didnt think they were real and just wanted the money; she told me they were in pristine condition and they verified they were the real thing; she said her bank manager ended up buying them at face value from the woman.

I jokingly told her that I should get a part time job at a bank; my daily finds were only a single Franklin and a 40% half; I felt my finds were insignificant compared to the teller's haha
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Re: B of A teller tells me about her silver finds :-(

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:53 pm

Hey - I give her credit for knowing what's going on. It's people like that who are on the ball who will survive.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby AGCoinHunter » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:12 pm

Find a way to buy them from her. Go ask her again. Offer her a decent price. She might do an "out in the parking lot" deal with you.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:19 pm

Find a way to marry her.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:22 pm

shinnosuke wrote:Find a way to marry her.

I think this just popped up over shinnosuke's head

:idea:
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:30 pm

slickeast wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:Find a way to marry her.

I think this just popped up over shinnosuke's head

:idea:

Well, I'm good in that department...just offering advice for those who find themselves single and confronted with a wise bank teller.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:41 pm

Pennysaved wrote:I went to one of my pick up banks and my halves didn't come in yet and the merchant teller asked me what I was looking for.

I usually just say older collectible ones vs saying silver.

She then said she collects the silver ones. She said a couple weeks ago a woman came in with 2 solid rolls of 90% silver and was turning them in; the teller pointed out to her that they were silver and the woman said she really didn't care that she just really needed the money; the teller told me she bought one roll and another teller bought the other roll.

She then told me how a local merchant brought in a deposit yesterday and had a $1 face of silver dimes and once again she pointed this out to the merchant and the merchant said they really didn't care and just to deposit them; of course the teller bought those too.

I tried to talk her into selling me any silver she finds at a fair price but she just kind of smiled and kept talking.

She told me that at her old branch an old man had over $600 face of silver certificates from the early 1900's and when he died his widow came in and just wanted to cash them in at face value; she said the old lady said she didnt think they were real and just wanted the money; she told me they were in pristine condition and they verified they were the real thing; she said her bank manager ended up buying them at face value from the woman.

I jokingly told her that I should get a part time job at a bank; my daily finds were only a single Franklin and a 40% half; I felt my finds were insignificant compared to the teller's haha

the way BoA traded today, that ole girl better hold onto them 90's, she gon need 'em.

in a bit, BoA is going to be a HUGE STORY.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby BlackOut » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:54 pm

I setup an account at new bank today and while doing so I asked about ordering halves. The lady who was helping me knew exactly what was up. She said when she was a teller years ago she would pick out the good stuff. She pointed up front and said, these girls up here, they have no clue. She said sometimes she will still pick thru their drawer. I told her if she won't tell them, then neither would I and she laughed. Then she went on to tell me that last year some old lady cashed in 300 dollars in dimes and all were silver. She said some guy wound up with them and felt so bad that he tracked the lady down. She said the old lady got mad and didn't want to be bothered with the coins.
BlackOut
Penny Collector Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:58 pm

Pennysaved, try running a small ad in the local classified section of the newspaper. Get these people to talk to you before they go to the bank. You will get some bites. There is some clown running around in my city paying way below melt. He gets around a lot. Must be getting some takers. Try it.

I buy silver. Fair prices. (123) 456-7890

OR

I buy old coins. Fair prices. (098) 765-4321
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby dan53 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:44 pm

I have bought coins from tellers and then resold them. As far as a fair price goes, get them for as little as you can. Remember, if you bought 1964 kennedys at $6.00 each, the teller has made a 1100% profit since they paid face. If you turned around and sold them for $14.00 each, you would make a profit of aproximately 133%.
dan53
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Know Common Cents » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:21 pm

B of A is in a crash dive. It's now first in line of the long row of banks with leperosy.

The collecting teller and her associates may soon be out of work as branches are being closed and B of A is being shunned by the public. I even heard Clark Howard telling listeners how much he hates B of A and to immediately move all accounts to another bank or credit union. He's usually pretty middle of the road and it was unusual to hear him like this.

Anyway, the point here is to maybe give the teller your e-mail address to stay in touch in case the place is boarded up some night and the Fed Bank Examiners are there by the bus load.

Good to see that there are a few of the banksters who actually get the concept of looking forward to their future with US 90%.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby slickeast » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:18 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:Pennysaved, try running a small ad in the local classified section of the newspaper. Get these people to talk to you before they go to the bank. You will get some bites. There is some clown running around in my city paying way below melt. He gets around a lot. Must be getting some takers. Try it.

I buy silver. Fair prices. (123) 456-7890

OR

I buy old coins. Fair prices. (098) 765-4321

I called both numbers. I didn't get an answer.

These ads SUCK. :mrgreen:
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals