Idiot on CNBC called gold Fiat currency

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Idiot on CNBC called gold Fiat currency

Postby Pennysaved » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:35 pm

Not sure if any of you are seeing all the overkill coverage on CNBC on the fall of the stock market.

Suze Orman was on there actually talking about gold being a good investment (wish she would have said that around the early 2000s)

One of the idiot anchors called gold a fiat currency and that it is all speculation.
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Idiot on CNBC called gold Fiat currency

Postby warthog » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:35 pm

About 4-5 years ago I used listen to the WSJ market report every morning on my way in to work. They gave you the Overseas markets, Dow futures and always ended with what the correspondent derisively called "Crazy Gold". Gold was < 800 then.... who's crazy now?
warthog

Postby SteelCityCopper » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Gotta love the uneducated of the world rambling on about inaccurate things and other uneducated people think it’s true... the lemming model :roll:
Jason
- JPM doesn't determine our prices, the market does -
Steel City Copper
http://www.steelcitycopper.com
SteelCityCopper
Penny Pincher Member

Postby avidbrandy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:51 am

Why are we all jumping off a cliff? Hey I know! I'll invest in stocks too!
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:59 am

Local radio guy bashed gold at 600... then he bashed it at 800... I reluctantly bought a small stash.. then he bashed it at 1000... then he bashed it at 1200... etc etc etc... he still bashed it last week...I look forward to hear him bash it now..
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby AGCoinHunter » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:34 am

Why I no longer watch CNBC. Among other reasons, such as NBC being one of the Obama water carrying networks.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Know Common Cents » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:44 am

Only reason I watch CNBC is the cutaways to Rick Santelli. He's one of the rare few who has a backbone and isn't afraid to voice his opinion (which coincidentally is usually consistent with mine).

He's the solo voice of reason amongst the masses of dunces, clowns, dopes, oafs, clods, idiots, wingnuts, goobers, and on and on.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby VWBEAMER » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:49 pm

Hate to admit it, but i would have bought a lot more gold and Silver, but these nay sayers always put some doubt in my mind. :?
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Postby avidbrandy » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:49 pm

VWBEAMER wrote:Hate to admit it, but i would have bought a lot more gold and Silver, but these nay sayers always put some doubt in my mind. :?

same here. I bought my first couple ounces of silver in 08 at about $12 an oz. My coworkers made fun of me for being stupid enough to invest in silver and so I didn't buy any more till it was in the 20s.

Now I have tons of copper pennies and I don't listen to people when they say it's dumb.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals