What price will gold be when we wake up tomorrow?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

What price will gold be when we wake up tomorrow?

Postby Pennysaved » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Right now in Asia gold is up another $9.20

What price do you think we will be at tomorrow AM?
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Re: What price will gold be when we wake up tomorrow?

Postby slickeast » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:21 pm

I am guessing it opens in NY at $1851
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby HD-Daddy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:38 pm

HD-Daddy
Penny Collector Member

Postby RR GUY » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:54 pm

Who knows, but for the first time in my life, I'm planning on selling some of my holdings tomorrow. This is getting to easy. Go to sleep, wake up the next day thousands of dollars richer... time to take a little off the table. As they say, when the chickens are feeding... Not going to sell any Indian or double eagles, but those little Credit Suisse bars can go.
RR GUY
Penny Sorter Member

Postby natsb88 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:08 pm

RR GUY wrote:Who knows, but for the first time in my life, I'm planning on selling some of my holdings tomorrow. This is getting to easy. Go to sleep, wake up the next day thousands of dollars richer... time to take a little off the table. As they say, when the chickens are feeding... Not going to sell any Indian or double eagles, but those little Credit Suisse bars can go.

If they're 1 gram bars, let me know :)
natsb88

Postby byro007 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:40 pm

natsb88 wrote:
RR GUY wrote:Who knows, but for the first time in my life, I'm planning on selling some of my holdings tomorrow. This is getting to easy. Go to sleep, wake up the next day thousands of dollars richer... time to take a little off the table. As they say, when the chickens are feeding... Not going to sell any Indian or double eagles, but those little Credit Suisse bars can go.

If they're 1 gram bars, let me know :)

I have 7 one gram bars but there not credit suisse if your interested
byro007
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Delawhere Jack » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:31 pm

ZIRP well into 2013, QE3 bound to arrive in weeks if not days, Euro on the ropes, Chavez requesting delivery of Venezuala's offshore gold holdings, non western nations becoming openly hostile to the dollar, a Marxist-Lennonist hellbent on destroying our currency in the Whitehouse with only comic figures lining up to run against him, S&P proclaiming that they will be downgrading municipal bonds,.....

What was the point I wanted to make....?

Do as you will, but personally, until we get some leadership that is ready to address our fiscal issues seriously, my AU is staying right where it is.

PRECIOUS, MY PRECIOUS! :twisted:
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Postby RR GUY » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:45 pm

They are one ounce bars. I'm going to go shop around a bunch tomorrow and see what I can get for them. If I don't like what's offered, I may offer them here. I still believe in AU, but I prefer Silver and Platinum at this point. I've already made about 240% in them in ten years, so its time to move on. I'll let someone else make the next 50% or so. The risk reward is no longer in my favor at this point in the cycle. There are other interesting places to put your money going forward. Leveraged rental property now provides a better risk/reward than precious metals do at this time.
RR GUY
Penny Sorter Member

Postby henrysmedford » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:17 pm

Who sleeps. At the 1AM bathroom break it is kitco time I look at the price and then I go back to back to bed.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:34 pm

henrysmedford wrote:Who sleeps. At the 1AM bathroom break it is kitco time I look at the price and then I go back to back to bed.

Usually about 3am for me. Must have a larger tank...oh yeah, everything's bigger in TX. :o
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:38 pm

I work 3rd, so every break time it is Kitco and Realcent
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby beauanderos » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:47 pm

henrysmedford wrote:Who sleeps. At the 1AM bathroom break it is kitco time I look at the price and then I go back to back to bed.

You mean someone ELSE does this too? We ARE a bunch of loons, aren't we??? :lol: $1850/$41.25 :mrgreen:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:49 pm

slickeast wrote:I work 3rd, so every break time it is Kitco and Realcent

bHo: It's the hard-working people of America, like Slick there in, uh, uh, in, the machine has stopped, uh, stopped running, uh, guys go ahead and let it roll on up...in South Carolina. So to our friend Slick, not sure where he got that name, I say, "Salute." And I wish he wouldn't pay attention to Kitco. Where the hey is Kitco, anyway? Is that country in the Middle East? Can we bomb them?

salute.jpg
the full salute
salute.jpg (4.88 KiB) Viewed 207 times
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:41 am

Go 1900 I have an ounce of silver to win!!! :lol:
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby henrysmedford » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:12 am

beauanderos wrote:

You mean someone ELSE does this too? We ARE a bunch of loons, aren't we??? :lol: $1850/$41.25 :mrgreen:

Like clock work 1:11 AM west coast $1860.4 and $41.23.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby reddirtcoins » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:13 am

Wow $1879.40 this morning.... lol
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals