$1,900!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

$1,900!

Postby Lemon Thrower » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:13 pm

$1,900!
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Re: $1,900!

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:42 pm

Some trader wanted to be the first to pay $1900....

Do you know how screwed up a world we must live in for gold to be $1900?
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:53 pm

OneBiteAtATime wrote:Some trader wanted to be the first to pay $1900....

oh yeh! but lets laugh today, coz tommorrow we may die. its been a good day.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:59 pm

1900 is cheap......hang tight guys.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Treetop » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:04 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:1900 is cheap......hang tight guys.

yep.... It will never go straight up, but ultimately 1900 is cheap I agree....
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:08 pm

It is still climbing. Up $10.50 already
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Delawhere Jack » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:08 pm

Why - why - why didn't I buy more 3 years ago? :cry:

At least I got some! :D
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Postby Oakair » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:11 pm

Ill never forgive myself for selling that AGE proof set a few years back...

Total gold holdings at under 1/4oz now...

Silver is my only hope now...excepting a major temporary 'correction', in which case, Im stocking up!
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:56 pm

Oakair wrote:Ill never forgive myself for selling that AGE proof set a few years back...

Silver is my only hope now...excepting a major temporary 'correction', in which case, Im stocking up!

You can always trade the ratio, some silver for a smidgeon of gold. They're both going to the moon. Fiat is only good for... well, if toilet paper came to mind, forget it. I found out it isn't very absorbent... and it leaves green stains on your ass :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby glass » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:00 pm

now we need a contest for 2000
glass
Penny Pincher Member

Postby GTOJohn » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:01 pm

i know - shoulda, coulda, woulda.....
but -
i cant help kicking myself for not buying more over the years.
didnt have enough nerve.
bought some, but never enough !!!!!
GTOJohn
Penny Collector Member

Postby justj2k78 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:12 pm

Oakair wrote:Ill never forgive myself for selling that AGE proof set a few years back...

I hear you bro, my total gold amount is measured in grams, not ounces. But, keep on keeping on, I'll buy the tiniest amounts, every chance I get!
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Treetop » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:15 pm

beauanderos wrote:

You can always trade the ratio, some silver for a smidgeon of gold. They're both going to the moon. Fiat is only good for... well, if toilet paper came to mind, forget it. I found out it isn't very absorbent... and it leaves green stains on your ass :lol:

Yeah dont be afraid to trade for a bit of gold. I was ALL silver, now Ive got a decent spread. gotta say I sleep just a bit better. different factors pull each one a bit differently. youve got your fiat hedged with silver. Id hedge that silver with some gold.... or not....

gold might seem expensive to most of us at 1900, but compare it to the number of fiat dollars out there. :shock: not saying it wont pull back some though. also not saying it will. :lol:
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby BamaJoe » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:58 pm

It is nice. I've no idea what it might be tomorrow or next week (my short term timing sucks wind), but in the long haul it's just going to keep going up.

I moved into pm's heavy in 2001 and bought something every month since - some months alot and some months it might have just been a few ozs. of silver. Certain family members told me I was absolutely nuts all thru the past decade and gave me [shucks] during some of the dips. Gotta say gotta say that gold bought around $250/oz and silver around 4.50/oz is looking mighty sweet now. Of course these days it is I giving those family menbers [shucks]. :D

To those who are hesitating at todays prices - DON"T. At some point gold/silver bought today will look just as sweet as gold/silver bought in 2001.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby avidbrandy » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:11 pm

Not to be the one to speak of doom, (and it's certainly not doom) but gold is due for a correction about now. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw 1750 again in the next few weeks. Either way I'm buying still but don't freak out if the drop is that big. Silver had its and is doing great again.

Though also we're in august now, so once we make it through it really should just continue up.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Double3 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:44 pm

neilgin1 wrote:
OneBiteAtATime wrote:Some trader wanted to be the first to pay $1900....

oh yeh! but lets laugh today, coz tommorrow we may die. its been a good day.

:lol: :lol:
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby BamaJoe » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:51 pm

avidbrandy wrote:Not to be the one to speak of doom, (and it's certainly not doom) but gold is due for a correction about now. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw 1750 again in the next few weeks. Either way I'm buying still but don't freak out if the drop is that big. Silver had its and is doing great again.

Though also we're in august now, so once we make it through it really should just continue up.

Go away you bringer of doom. :D

Yes, we could see a dip. Like I said, I suck wind at predicting short term ups or down. I just plan to keep stacking for in the long term I believe even today's prices will seem cheap.

In the meantime we party and bask in the shine of today's record.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Know Common Cents » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:28 pm

Ha Cha Cha Cha!!!! Had always hoped that I'd see these prices, but sometimes never thought they could happen.

For decades I felt like the lone wolf howling at the fiat moon. Like other RCers are experiencing, now those who laughed, touted their magnificent investment portfolios in equities and gobbled up countless shares of many now-defunct IPOs, I suddenly have gained a new respectability among my peers.

All along the way of $1200, $1500 and now $1900, I've never said to them, "I told you so." I don't have to. I do have a very good friend who's been anti-gold since I've known him. I found some shiny gold-colored wrapping paper among the holiday stuff and made a dunce cap from it. Took a Sharpie and wrote "I'm the golden dunce" on it and gave it to his wife. I have an idea what his reaction will be when he gets home tonight. I could hear his wife still laughing as she shut the door and I was walking away.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:39 pm

Can you believe you (above) are saying a correction DOWN to $1750?!!!! Only a couple of weeks ago it had never been to $1750.

Sure, a correction will happen. Corrections always happen. I'm hoping one happens as I want my daughter to be able to buy into a larger amount with less money, now that she's cashed in her mutual funds. She'll be buying some tomorrow though, no matter what.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby daviscfad » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:32 pm

i have had some gold but i started buying kinda decent when it was at 1600 i guess. I am just amazed how it went up 300 since then. Still buying though
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby chris6084 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:46 pm

Hey guys, I want to take full credit for this run up. I sold all my gold at around 1300 because I was sure it was the peak. I was sure it would go down, and I could buy more later.
You are welcome.

:x
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:55 pm

glass wrote:now we need a contest for 2000

Great idea! Are you gonna host it??? :lol:
beauanderos

Postby Mike » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:58 pm

I suspect as the song goes, "you ain't seen nothing yet".

When I was in junior high school, gold was $35 an ounce. Since then, it has gone up 54 fold, to $1900 an ounce. If anything, the economic forces that caused this increase are greater today than over the past 40 years.

The question is not IF gold will go up another 54 fold, to $103,000 an ounce, but how long it will take. I'm going to go on record here and predict it will take less than another 40 years. A lot less.
Mike
Penny Pincher Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:17 am

We certainly had not approached a "blow-off top" but the media will try and paint it that way after today. Gold down $30 pre-market, and this is before TPTB step in to accentuate the effect with massive selling (as they did to silver May 6th). Could see a $100 dollar gold down day engineered to disillusion the late-comers and weak hands in the game. If they do so, don't be surprised if CME piles on with another margin hike... even in the face of the market retreating.
beauanderos

Postby Oakair » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:03 am

beauanderos wrote:We certainly had not approached a "blow-off top" but the media will try and paint it that way after today. Gold down $30 pre-market, and this is before TPTB step in to accentuate the effect with massive selling (as they did to silver May 6th). Could see a $100 dollar gold down day engineered to disillusion the late-comers and weak hands in the game. If they do so, don't be surprised if CME piles on with another margin hike... even in the face of the market retreating.

Whats weird is that silver hadn't dropped much...but it looks like this trend has changed...Both will drop today at comparable percentages would be my bet, of course if TPTB do try and smash both, it'll be silver that takes the beating
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals