Ron Paul - no physical gold?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Ron Paul - no physical gold?

Postby marblerye » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:15 am

First let me say that I think Ron Paul is the only honest man in Washington and at this point he's got my 2012 vote. I fully support ending the war on terror, the war on drugs, and breaking up the global banking cartel. I'm all for ending the corporate welfare as well.

Barron's had a take down piece on him over the weekend ("Candidate of Doom and Gloom"). I know Barron's is a propaganda tool of the wall street crooks, but I found this portion of the article interesting:

"TO OUR SURPRISE, Paul's financial disclosures reveal no holdings of physical gold, gold coins, or gold equivalents like certain exchange-traded gold funds, which is confounding, given his strident advocacy of the metal as an insurance policy against the almost-certain debasement of the currency by politicians and central bankers. So we dug around a little. In his financial-disclosure form for the years 1994 through 2002, Paul reported holding "semi-numismatic" coins worth between $100,001 and $250,000. But from 2003 onward, they were never mentioned again."

Do you think he sold his gold, or is he just not disclosing it anymore?
marblerye

Re: Ron Paul - no physical gold?

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:24 am

Ron Paul has my vote, i never make a mistake twice, like i did in 2008, and i think the only thing Barrons is good for is to use either as starting kindling, or to put in the outhouse, if you run out of Scotts or Charmins, them savage bastards.

Listen, i pray for Ron Paul, when the Spirit leads, coz the only reason the screwheads dont do anything, is he's got too much light on him, Ron just mummed up, like we all probably should.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby MikeyPooh » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:57 pm

Hmm, it seems Ron had an ill fated canoe trip in 2003, hehehe.
MikeyPooh

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:12 pm

He most likely sold them and put the money into his campaign fund. That's the story and he is sticking to it! :mrgreen:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Delawhere Jack » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:32 pm

Gold is a barbaric relic, not "money", just ask the Bernank.
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Postby warthog » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:42 pm

perhaps he gifted it to his children or grandchildren? if he sold in 2002 he missed all the fun!
warthog

Postby avidbrandy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:51 pm

Delawhere Jack wrote:Gold is a barbaric relic, not "money", just ask the Bernank.

No Sir, gold is "Tradition". That's why central banks still hold it.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby rainsonme » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:18 pm

I'd vote for Ron Paul, and I don't have any gold or silver either.
rainsonme
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:33 pm

If you want to tell your associates the best reason to vote for Ron Paul, it is this:

The mainstream media thinks it is America's "King-maker". They constantly say, Ron Paul has no chance to win, and minimize all reports of his campaign. Well, the media is not America's kingmaker, and the only way to prove that true is to vote for Ron Paul, and pass this same reason on to all your associates. The People choose their president, not the media.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby warthog » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:43 pm

Keynesian economic policies are the barbaric relics. Based off my informal and amatuerish study, I think at one time Bernanke understood this... I wonder how much it took to buy his soul?
warthog

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals