Dale Earnhardt 1 Troy Pound Medal

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Dale Earnhardt 1 Troy Pound Medal

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:21 pm

Rec'd from a prominent member here in a larger lot of misc silver the subject medallion. Took it to dealer today and found out that it is silver plated copper, not bullion silver. Researching it, it turns out they are correct. If it doesnt say. 999 fine silver etc then it isn't an issue made of silver. Buyer beware...
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Dale Earnhardt 1 Troy Pound Medal

Postby Mercuryman » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:47 pm

Why not try to contact the original seller? Thats a bummer man.
Mercuryman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:54 pm

Oh i have. This isn't a topic about a dispute. Just a warning to others to watch out for this item.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:04 pm

I've paid my tuition on Troy pound rounds when spot was at $5 ounce. Only $60 bucks lost then......but that was a lot for a kid making $6/hour before taxes.

Mistakes are only tuition paid.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Delawhere Jack » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:15 pm

King Richard was, is, and always will be the greatest driver of all time..... Dale was ok too, I guess. :shock:

Put it on fleabay, someone will buy it just as a souvenier.
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Postby RichardPenny43 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:25 pm

Delawhere Jack wrote:King Richard was, is, and always will be the greatest driver of all time..... Dale was ok too, I guess. :shock:

I agree!
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:35 pm

I miss Ward Burton. In fact when I talked to Doc Rodebaugh on the phone I had to put my Ward Burton translator on so I could understand.

Sterling Marlin was cool too. Remember the Daytona 500 (The one the Ward Burton won) was red flagged with a couple laps to go. All the cars were sitting on the back straightway waiting for the restart. Sterling was in the lead at that piont but he had a smokin tire rub. So he get out and starts pulling the fender off the tire, he must have thought no one could see.

That was so classic.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:42 pm

Ward Burton!!!!.....Not even close.....more like Sean Connery 8-)
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby RichardPenny43 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:46 pm

Sterling Marlin was cool too. Remember the Daytona 500 (The one the Ward Burton won) was red flagged with a couple laps to go. All the cars were sitting on the back straightway waiting for the restart. Sterling was in the lead at that piont but he had a smokin tire rub. So he get out and starts pulling the fender off the tire, he must have thought no one could see.

That was so classic.

"Stay in your car Sterling!"
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby highroller4321 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:31 am

68Camaro wrote:Rec'd from a prominent member here in a larger lot of misc silver the subject medallion. Took it to dealer today and found out that it is silver plated copper, not bullion silver. Researching it, it turns out they are correct. If it doesnt say. 999 fine silver etc then it isn't an issue made of silver. Buyer beware...

Yup #1 rule in buying silver. We all had to learn the hard way.....

Also when you are buying these "larger" rounds there is a HUGE (4 ounces) difference between a TROY pound and a regular pound.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:01 pm

A belated note to end this thread that the seller did make good on a set of replacement silver of equivalent content. I appreciated his follow-through!
68Camaro

Postby marine70 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:35 pm

I had one it is not silver a local coin shop sold it to me as a novelty I put in a antique mall. He tested it with negative results.
marine70
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rastatodd » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:23 pm

Glad everything worked out for you, 68camaro. Since joining Realcent, I am just astonish to the high level of integrity members hold themselves to on this site. With all the sales and trades that are conducted on the site dealing with in some cases large amounts of money. The transaction go off without a hitch. That says a lot. I can feel at ease here knowing I will get a good hand shake when one is offered in return. :D
p.s.
68, I am a Camaro man myself. Owned a 1979 Camaro Z28 in high school back in the 80's.
I washed many dishes to own that car. Just wished I still owned it. :(
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby merchoarder » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:32 pm

I was watching on of these on the bay. It sold for a little over $200, I was thinking that was a pretty good deal but a little out of my price range, especially during the holidays. Good to learn it isn't solid silver. Now I know and I didn't have to learn the hard way. Thanks for the heads up 68. This site has taught me so much without making those costly errors, sure I've made a few but not nearly as many as I would've on my own. Thanks!
"If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do" Warren Miller
merchoarder
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals