Recovery...

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Recovery...

Postby Oakair » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:06 pm

This volatility is killing me :lol:

Some massive swings on silver's part...but both seem to be trending up pretty quick
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Recovery...

Postby kidman232 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:22 pm

seems to be an inverse of the market, dow up gold down, gold up dow down. people are waiting to see what bernake says after his meeting tomorrow. i expect a qe3 right around the corner within the next month or 2.
never enough silver
kidman232
Penny Collector Member

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:50 pm

Oakair wrote:This volatility is killing me :lol:

Some massive swings on silver's part...but both seem to be trending up pretty quick

no problem...fougedaboutit. This market aint gonna get "mushed", meaning remember the movie, "A Bronx Tale"?

the denegerate gambler "Eddie Mush"?...where if he bet on something , forget about it, you got mushed? like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PLSyFzk ... re=related

Silver is not a mush. Dont throw away your tickets like Sonny did.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby mflugher » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:39 pm

I love the volatility, in the last month I've made about 25% on my silver ETF portfolio just trading AGQ and SIV, buying siv at about $39 and selling if it gets over $42.5, and buying AGQ at 190-200 and selling at 232 to 240. Its relatively simple using limit orders in a fidelity account if you want to learn more and you have at least $10k to play with I'll be happy to teach you a little of my limited knowledge. Course with this plan I will eventually miss the big break upward. but if I see a reason for silver to significantly change upward (and it will take something since they keep screwing with the margins) I will undo my automatic sell or rebuy and hopefully not lose more than $1-2/oz of the upward bonus profits :D
mflugher
Penny Collector Member

Postby Oakair » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:04 pm

mflugher wrote:I love the volatility, in the last month I've made about 25% on my silver ETF portfolio just trading AGQ and SIV, buying siv at about $39 and selling if it gets over $42.5, and buying AGQ at 190-200 and selling at 232 to 240. Its relatively simple using limit orders in a fidelity account if you want to learn more and you have at least $10k to play with I'll be happy to teach you a little of my limited knowledge. Course with this plan I will eventually miss the big break upward. but if I see a reason for silver to significantly change upward (and it will take something since they keep screwing with the margins) I will undo my automatic sell or rebuy and hopefully not lose more than $1-2/oz of the upward bonus profits :D

Id love to be able to trade like that, but I have a grand total of about 700$ to play with, and its all tied up in a long shot stock at the moment :lol:
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals