Ebay Volume

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Ebay Volume

Postby beauanderos » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:16 am

The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Ebay Volume

Postby blackrabbit » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:02 pm

That should be interesting to everybody. Great article.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Oakair » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:27 pm

Buy Buy BUY...

This fall should definitely be interesting
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby currencydebasement » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:32 pm

I find most of the silver/gold on Ebay sells for a predictable discount to retail (APMEX retail). There are outliers but I attribute that to ignorant buyers. The "wild west" is foreign silver. I see these lots selling at huge premiums to melt and at a huge discount to melt on the same day, in the same category. I am referring to junk lots of common silver. Certianly many factors, I have not been able to decide what drives the disparity.
Full time coin hoarder, part time attorney* (licensed to practice in CA and DC)
http://www.currencydebasement.com
currencydebasement

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:41 pm

beauanderos wrote:Neil, this might interest you.

http://news.silverseek.com/SilverSeek/1314227179.php

Ray..i knew it!...didnt have the proof, or a confirmation, but here it is. Never fade your gut, thats another trading rule.

i was just persuing Ebay, coz i want to put up a beautiful thing being offered, and in the past couple months, US silver coin rolls have been in the upper 300's offered. right from that lil bottom at 33-34 up till 44....just today, only 283 rolls offered...now mind you lots of really nice Morgan and Peace rolls offered...but is that lowered number a bullish indicator?...i think so, as US silver coins offered went from the high 90,000's into 88,000.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:54 pm

neilgin1 wrote:

Ray..i knew it!...didnt have the proof, or a confirmation, but here it is. Never fade your gut, thats another trading rule.

i was just persuing Ebay, coz i want to put up a beautiful thing being offered, and in the past couple months, US silver coin rolls have been in the upper 300's offered. right from that lil bottom at 33-34 up till 44....just today, only 283 rolls offered...now mind you lots of really nice Morgan and Peace rolls offered...but is that lowered number a bullish indicator?...i think so, as US silver coins offered went from the high 90,000's into 88,000.

Yeah, I used to try to gauge the market by the offerings... but it's really not indicative of anything. Just because the total offerings increase or decrease, means nothing by itself... and only would if the lot sizes remained constant. But an increase if listings can simply mean someone reduced their lots sizes and now lists more individual auctions, whereas a decrease could merely mean someone got tired of mailing so many small lots that they decided to list rolls instead. Offerings of silver coin lot numbers are therefor inconclusive and can't be used to justify support or detractors of the silver market. But volume might be a different matter. I'd like to hear/read that interview with Southern Coins (and who the heck are THEY? I've never seen that name on ebay?) I would have thought THR would have been the volume leader.
beauanderos

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:14 pm

beauanderos wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:

Yeah, I used to try to gauge the market by the offerings... but it's really not indicative of anything. Just because the total offerings increase or decrease, means nothing by itself... and only would if the lot sizes remained constant. But an increase if listings can simply mean someone reduced their lots sizes and now lists more individual auctions, whereas a decrease could merely mean someone got tired of mailing so many small lots that they decided to list rolls instead. Offerings of silver coin lot numbers are therefor inconclusive and can't be used to justify support or detractors of the silver market. But volume might be a different matter. I'd like to hear/read that interview with Southern Coins (and who the heck are THEY? I've never seen that name on ebay?) I would have thought THR would have been the volume leader.

"THR"?...the really high class silver roll dealers are "hsturn", Roger's his name, and "carrieafl"...i forget what they call their shops. If you remember, could you post the John Williams thing...i just had a light bulb moment, thanks to you, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:20 pm

Ray, check this out, this is a very bullish indicator, a proof roll of 64 Ken's trading at 30X's ....SIX DAYS OUT!....we're going past 50 on this next pass!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROLL-20-1964-PR ... 1e666b2043

6 days out!...but i mean, look at that coin! carrie always gets the best stuff, i love that woman.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby fb101 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:46 pm

neilgin1 wrote:Ray, check this out, this is a very bullish indicator, a proof roll of 64 Ken's trading at 30X's ....SIX DAYS OUT!....we're going past 50 on this next pass!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROLL-20-1964-PR ... 1e666b2043

6 days out!...but i mean, look at that coin! carrie always gets the best stuff, i love that woman.

Check out the 85CC DMPL morgan she has- WHOA!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DMPL-CAMEO-1885 ... 1e6641dbc0
fb101

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:31 pm

Real good article! I laughed when I read this part:

"The continuation of the trend appears certain. Few are selling their gold and silver, and those who are buying are buying in bulk, hoping to offset some of their exposure to global growth in their stock portfolios with inexpensive one-ounce silver rounds."

"inexpensive one-ounce silver rounds"?! :shock: Hahahahaha! Did I ever buy in right!! 8-)
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:56 pm

THR is the Treasure Hunters Roadshow. They have about twenty listing sites on ebay. Never heard of Great Southern Coins. You can listen to the John Williams interview at Silverseek.com top right corner of home page click on the link to the radio site for goldseek.com
beauanderos

Postby Treetop » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:14 pm

I know great southern coins... they wont stop emailing me after I won an auction awhile back... forget what i got from them
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals