Biggest score yet

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Biggest score yet

Postby schockergd » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:42 pm

Saw an ad in the paper that stated someone was having a yardsale of coins along with other stuff. My wife told me I should go, so I did.

The elderly gentleman had three tables full of coins, all at amazingly low prices (Some silver was well below spot). He knew how much everything was worth , he just wanted to get rid of it. I went home with over $1300 worth of coins. He informed me as I was leaving that he wish I would have called ahead, evidently someone had asked to preview it the night before and had purchased over $14k worth of coins.

Some of the silver i got was literally at 10% of spot value, not all of it was that way but several collections were. I'm floored that someone would sell it , but he really wanted to get rid of it, and was willing to pay the price.
schockergd
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Biggest score yet

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:44 pm

I stopped by one a few months ago that said something about coins - the lady said - "wow, the coin people come early!" I guess I'm not one of those.... just a guy who can't always get away from work.
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby NotABigDeal » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:10 pm

Nice score. Take 'em when you can.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby JobIII » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:22 am

Nice find! I haven't come across anything like this in the past year. These deals come around every now and then and hopefully when you find them; you find it first and have enough cash to work with.
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals