Whats the Craigslist Buy look like in your Locality?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Whats the Craigslist Buy look like in your Locality?

Postby VWBEAMER » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:06 pm

I'm down with flagging his ad, post a link to it. pm if need be. Fight fire with fire. :twisted:
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Postby Henchman » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:16 pm

Here is the list of prices I am currently paying for your Silver:

Jefferson War Nickels (1942-1945)..................= 36x Face Value ($1.80)
Mercury Dime (1916-1945)...........................= 26x FV ($2.60)
Roosevelt Dime (1946-1964).........................= 26x FV ($2.60)
Standing Liberty Quarter (1916-1930)..............= 26x FV ($6.50)
Washington Quarter (1932-1964)....................= 26x FV ($6.50)
Half Dollar (1916-1947)...............................= 26x FV ($13.00)
Ben Franklin Half Dollar (1948-1963)...............= 26x FV ($13.00)
JFK Half Dollar (1964)................................= 26x FV ($13.00)
JFK Half Dollar 40% Silver (1964-1970)............ = 9x FV ($4.50)
Morgan Dollar (1878-1921)...........................= 29x FV ($29.00)
Peace Dollar (1921-1935).............................= 27x FV ($27.00)

Fine Silver (.999) 1 or 5 ounce oz bar/round = (SPOT Silver price @ 88%) meaning I will quote you the current price of Silver and offer 88% of that.

This is my prices for CL. I'm in New Jersey and the only other posted ad I saw was offering 25x but was very vague as most of the ads are.

Cheers,
Henchman
Henchman
Penny Sorter Member

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:40 pm

Guys -

I'm in a remote area and have been considering posting xtimes face for US junk like you're suggesting here.

BUT there is 1 other guy who offers to buy and says call or email.

I'm considering contacting him and letting him know what he has a competitor 40 miles away that would like to match what he is offering so that we both get good deals, if we start one uping each other we'll both be paying spot soon.

Would you try this honest and direct approach or send him an email saying you've got $10 face that you'd like an offer on? Keep in mind, we're the only people who post any interest in coins in this area.
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby Oakair » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:29 pm

OneBiteAtATime wrote:Guys -

I'm in a remote area and have been considering posting xtimes face for US junk like you're suggesting here.

BUT there is 1 other guy who offers to buy and says call or email.

I'm considering contacting him and letting him know what he has a competitor 40 miles away that would like to match what he is offering so that we both get good deals, if we start one uping each other we'll both be paying spot soon.

Would you try this honest and direct approach or send him an email saying you've got $10 face that you'd like an offer on? Keep in mind, we're the only people who post any interest in coins in this area.

Get a quote, then contact him and tell him you plan to buy...if you get referrals going between the two of you to cut down travel...get some zones set up, it could go well...

Worst case scenario, compete (and PM me the competitors ads and Ill flag em ;) )
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Oakair » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:26 am

Wow...People here really like the big lots!

I got a hit today:

1 1937 liberty half dollar
82 morgan and peace dollars
63 Silver eagle bullion coins

He said he had some dollar coins and eagles, so I offered him 26$ for the Peace and Morgan and 39$ for the eagles...and he replied with his total numbers...I sent him a quote for a total of 4600$...not too shabby at all :lol:
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals