Tuesday 6 Sep 2011, Dow down 500, Silver up $2.00

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Tuesday 6 Sep 2011, Dow down 500, Silver up $2.00

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:26 am

i'm assuming markets dont open on Monday, and i got this feeling, that Tuesday will be an amplication of how both these markets traded last Friday.

The slide in equities seemed to gather steam towards the close, and the strength in Silver just kept amping up right to the close, so it feels as if we continue in those directions...do you think?

i dont know whether it would be by the end of Sep, or the end of Oct, but it seems as if we'll pierce 10,000 on the Dow, and finally cut thru $50 to the upside in Silver....probably by the end of Sep, but definitely by the end of Oct. i'm not some "oracle of Delphi", it just seems so obvious, what with the EU troubles, the flatline jobs report, the shortages of physical deliverable Silver, as well as the intense retail buying....and i have a sneaking suspicion that Bank of America's travails will be a BIG story in the coming weeks, thats the nail, imo.

Gold i dont have a handle on, i'm just wondering, if anybodies got a read on whether the G/S ratio goes up or down.

last chance to fill up the BBQ with some coals and roast meat...enjoy the holiday, summers just about over, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: Tuesday 6 Sep 2011, Dow down 500, Silver up $2.00

Postby IdahoCopper » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:01 am

That news about the .gov filing suit on the mortgage banks is gonna have an effect.

Funny, 2 years ago they were "too big to fail", and REQUIRED bailouts. Now, the .gov is gonna drive them into the ground with lawsuits.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:04 am

IdahoCopper wrote:That news about the .gov filing suit on the mortgage banks is gonna have an effect.

Funny, 2 years ago they were "too big to fail", and REQUIRED bailouts. Now, the .gov is gonna drive them into the ground with lawsuits.

oh yeh! i forgot about that whole thing, that was in Fridays news......thanks, dang that's just another nail....yep, Tuesday could get ugly, but doesnt that seem like a familiar refrain, when we speak of the equities market?...."ugly"?
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby PennyBoy » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:18 am

And your guess for gold?

Just a guess...
When people lose everything, and have nothing left to lose, they lose it.-Gerald Celente

My feedback: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8534

Happiness is the key to success.
PennyBoy
Penny Collector Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:57 am

PennyBoy wrote:And your guess for gold?

Just a guess...

Penny, thats what i was saying, i dont have a handle, a feel for the Gold mkt...you would think that the $2,000 mark is ultra important, and with the blatant power behind the PM's that Gold would indeed, pierce this important benchmark as well.

to me, Gold is a "kingly" metal, and i'm a commoner, so i focus on silver, (as well as nickel and copper coins). i also feel drawn to silver, because the Bible is my Roadmap on walking thru life, as well as Jesus being my Sheperd, and i noticed this in the Bible, that it always seems as if the regular fellows deal in silver. I've been in the Book of Jeremiah for a bit here, and i found it interesting that while the Babylonians were just crushing Judah, Jeremiah was told by God to 'redeem", to buy a parcel of land from a relative for 17 shekels of silver, which i found kinda neat, coz here their world is falling apart, but God was indicating to Jeremiah, that after a while, things will be better and land will be traded once again...and they did it in silver. Hey Penny, if you're not a Bible reading fellow,. please excuse me if i sound like some religious "nut"....i just like talking about silver, and i like reading the Bible, and sometimes talking about it. But i want to be careful about that on this site, as thats not the mission of realcent.
you got any read on the Gold/Silver ratio?...coz i sure dont, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Coppercrazy » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:24 pm

Theres going to be overseas trading tonite and tomarrow,right? The U.S. market will pick up where they left off..I think both metals will be up.
Coppercrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals