"Gold May Top $6,000, Silver $600: Asset Manager "

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

"Gold May Top $6,000, Silver $600: Asset Manager "

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:09 am

Never heard of this guy before, he's Swiss and this article was posted on CNBC, of all places, and is intensely bullish:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44373049

this lil quote made me sit up straight in my chair:

"Gold and silver currently price at a ratio of around 45:1. However, Gmuer said declining silver output over the last 60 years—as a result of inventory depletion and mine closures—meant silver supplies currently outnumber gold by a ratio of less than 10:1, thus indicating a market correction is due.

Once this occurs, Gmuer said that silver prices would settle at 10 percent to 15 percent of gold. This implies that if gold reaches $6,200 per ounce, silver will peak at between $620 and $930 per ounce."

can you imagine that? wow. a median price objective of silver at $770 an ounce?....i know it SEEMS farfetched, but i can still remember paladium trading at the $100 something mark....imagine that, and here we are at the $43 level, thinking thats high.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: "Gold May Top $6,000, Silver $600: Asset Manager "

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:14 am

Yeah - read that from another reference. Makes you sit up doesn't it?
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:14 pm

68Camaro wrote:Yeah - read that from another reference. Makes you sit up doesn't it?

BIG TIME...thats why i'm trying to stay away from Ebay today, but i dont know if i can.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:38 pm

heh. I have to keep telling myself that I need /some/ frn's for day to day stuff.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:53 pm

Mossy wrote:heh. I have to keep telling myself that I need /some/ frn's for day to day stuff.

yeh...i know what you mean, but i didnt stay away from Ebay, couldnt, saw a roll of 40's offered BIN, a titch above meltcouldnt resist, but the GEM/BU of 90's offered BIN at 35X's, i couldnt do it, its like you said, we need frins for the day to day stuff...i heard that.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby nero12345 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:43 am

I think if silver goes much higher than 60 an ounce then those mines that are closed would open up and more silver and other PM's would come on the market which messes up his ratio argument. I know here in the maritime provinces we are seeing old abandoned mines having a lot of new activity. Would be a nice run to watch though.
Silver and Gold
•It does nothing – but it hides no mistakes.
•It holds no press conferences – but it tells no lies.
•It makes no promises – and never delivers less.
nero12345
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:53 am

nero12345 wrote:I think if silver goes much higher than 60 an ounce then those mines that are closed would open up and more silver and other PM's would come on the market which messes up his ratio argument. I know here in the maritime provinces we are seeing old abandoned mines having a lot of new activity. Would be a nice run to watch though.

Sure, it will find a new equilibrium. It will go up and down. It'll hit a peak, then drop as any overbought commodity would normally. Then drop further when new supply comes on, and some people sell out. Then go up when supply can't meet demand, as silver gets harder and harder to find and mine. For the long-haul, it's only going up. Just don't buy in the peaks and sell in the troughs.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Mossy » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:53 pm

68Camaro wrote:Just don't buy in the peaks and sell in the troughs.

I got that about perfected, man.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rosco » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:06 pm

I' m great at finding the peaks an often buy then but only Sell 40% Not that often :roll: so I've missed a few lows :lol:
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals