SILVER PART 2 - THE RISE TO $75 - NOW AT $42+

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

SILVER PART 2 - THE RISE TO $75 - NOW AT $42+

Postby Country » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:18 pm

While my other MONSTER thread is getting a little old, LET'S MOVE ON TO THE RISE TO $75 (sort of rhymes doesn't it). SILVER has been consolidating right at the major support line of $42.50. Sometimes it falls a bit below, and sometimes it rises a bit above. Large moves are mostly made from long consolidations. Remember how frustrating it was to see SILVER move up and down between $15 and $18. We blamed it on the gangsters, but it was merely consolidating for the massive move higher to $31. We all thought it was going to go right back down to $15 - remember!!. Well, it never really looked back, although it did go back to $25. And then WAM!!! It marched right up to $49+.

What's happening now. Well, after a few bounces around $33, SILVER begins to consolidate once again. The consolidation, with fluctuation, is good. We're all getting worried once again that SILVER will go back down to under $30 again. The next massive move higher will take SILVER TO $75. It's just a matter a time, and the SILVER season of appreciation is upon us once again now that we're in Autumn.

So, what do you all think? Let's continue the saga of SILVER with another monster thread.... :mrgreen:

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Re: SILVER PART 2 - THE RISE TO $75 - NOW AT $42+

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:33 pm

what do i think?...i think you the man, Country, and by all that is good and holy, i submit that you hereby be nominated and appointed to the position of RC platoon CO...i would say company CO, but it seems like we got 45 stout Americans here, and that's platoon size. Responsibilities?.....? you're the man, Commanding officer, final say, arbiter of everything RC....its a light burden, but a position of honor and renown, however when TPTB shut us down, YOU'RE the one they're going after. (i am LMAO) do youi accept this nomination?

silver?...oh, i pray it gets cratered right back down to 20...15, but it wont. We're on our way to $130, and guys just gotta wrap their minds around paying 30 times face, for now...if we crater then we can get stuff at 20 times! can you imagine?
You have to accept the nomination, you're a Virginia gentleman. What would you think if General Washington said, "naw, i really cant" to the Continental Congress?....you'd be horrified, by jingo!
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:36 pm

neilgin1 wrote:what do i think?...i think you the man, Country, and by all that is good and holy, i submit that you hereby be nominated and appointed to the position of RC platoon CO...i would say company CO, but it seems like we got 45 stout Americans here, and that's platoon size. Responsibilities?.....? you're the man, Commanding officer, final say, arbiter of everything RC....its a light burden, but a position of honor and renown, however when TPTB shut us down, YOU'RE the one they're going after. (i am LMAO) do youi accept this nomination?

silver?...oh, i pray it gets cratered right back down to 20...15, but it wont. We're on our way to $130, and guys just gotta wrap their minds around paying 30 times face, for now...if we crater then we can get stuff at 20 times! can you imagine?
You have to accept the nomination, you're a Virginia gentleman. What would you think if General Washington said, "naw, i really cant" to the Continental Congress?....you'd be horrified, by jingo!

Holy crap :shock: That's some major butt kissing.

Thanks Country, for all you do.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby aloneibreak » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:47 pm

any of you experts see major resistance for silver at 47-48ish ?

could it be that any new/naive buyers who bought in towards the late april top may be looking to get out ?

or will the event that pushes it over 50 be major enough to keep it high ?
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:23 pm

Thanks for the new thread! ;)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby RichardPenny43 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:38 pm

neilgin1 wrote:what do i think?...i think you the man, Country, and by all that is good and holy, i submit that you hereby be nominated and appointed to the position of RC platoon CO...i would say company CO, but it seems like we got 45 stout Americans here, and that's platoon size. Responsibilities?.....? you're the man, Commanding officer, final say, arbiter of everything RC....its a light burden, but a position of honor and renown, however when TPTB shut us down, YOU'RE the one they're going after. (i am LMAO) do youi accept this nomination?

I second the motion!
    Can I do that? :?
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby aristobolus » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:46 pm

The Bankers are throwing everything they got to stifle the PM's; witness the devaluing of the Swiss Franc yesterday. We very well may be on a precipice; I hope the plunge is toward $75, not $7.50! I don't trust the Banking Cartel, as you can tell.
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:28 pm

Thogey wrote:
Holy crap :shock: That's some major butt kissing.

Thanks Country, for all you do.

oh c'mon Major Tom, why you do me like that? (lol) my next recco was that you assume the XO slot for piss sakes, and i stand by that, long as i get the S-2 slot (intel)..agreed?

and as long as the ass kissing continues, here's a song for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY-cZew2 ... re=related
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby silverflake » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:43 am

Say what you will about silver prices but regardless of how you look at it, whether you analyze it technically, fundamentally or conspiratorially, the major resistance for silver, and I mean mmaaAAAaajjor resistance is the magical, psychological $50/oz. The challenge is to take that out. Remember how many times and trials it took to break the sound barrier in a plane? And once Chuck Yaeger did, the speeds of aircrafts took off (literally). I say, up or down in the next few months- whatever, if we break $50/oz we are in rarified air and there's no resistance - nothing - above. Some of that id from my gut, some is from plane old technicals and chart patterns. From $51/oz, $75 will be a quick hit.
Again, my 2 cents worth (copper of course).
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Tourney64 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:06 am

As more and more investors realize the paper silver they are holding is worthless, silver will rise. If the paper silver bubble bursts all at once we will see an historic rise.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:44 am

But for now, prices are going down and I like it. (Apologies to any of you who need an immediate price rise to cash in some of your stash.) I feel like a prisoner on death row getting a temporary stay of execution every time PMs go down. Come on, Governor, knock another $10 off Ag.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:53 am

shinnosuke wrote:But for now, prices are going down and I like it. (Apologies to any of you who need an immediate price rise to cash in some of your stash.) I feel like a prisoner on death row getting a temporary stay of execution every time PMs go down. Come on, Governor, knock another $10 off Ag.

amen...indeed.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:45 am

aristobolus wrote:The Bankers are throwing everything they got to stifle the PM's; witness the devaluing of the Swiss Franc yesterday. We very well may be on a precipice; I hope the plunge is toward $75, not $7.50! I don't trust the Banking Cartel, as you can tell.

I am just a layman but I think this is actually bullish for PM's as the franc was the last fiat currency that was holding value. Now there is no currency except maybe from the BRIC countries that will not be devalued. PM's are the last great safe haven for retaining wealth.

Yea I'd love to see the prices "crash" for gold down to 1600 and silver down to 35. That would be a severe crash at this point and I'd be buying anything I could then. I just don't think we'll get to those "bargain" levels again during this long bull market. At this point I'd buy silver at 40 and gold if it drops below 1800. I would not be surprised at all to see 50 dollar silver and 2000 gold by the start of winter. :mrgreen:
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:57 pm

Yeah - I think we're about to hit the big surge. Some months ago the consensus here was something would happen in Aug/Sep, and I think we've already seen the start of that in August with 1900 gold, and a lot of Sep is left. Timing predictions can never be perfect, so if we're off by a few months it doesn't change the result. The fundamentals are still building toward a rush, and I don't see that anything has changed over the past 4 months to alter the predictions made earlier this year. If anything it is all confirming of what was predicted. Shinnosuke has sent me a zerohedge article link that I have yet to read, and maybe he's already shared that in a thread that I haven't seen yet (I've been busy most of today), but I look forward to seeing what's in that.

There will be few good buying opportunities left at these levels.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:19 pm

Anyone else remember trying to buy physical without paying an arm and a leg late 2008 after the Sub-prime garbage? I was buying with both hands and the best I did was $13.20/oz.999. I had to wait on delivery for 6-7 weeks from apmex. The point is the game has changed. Physical demand is strong below $40, insane bellow $30, and sub $20 is wishful thinking for the foreseeable future IMO.

I think we continue in the $40's for a while and then surge through $50 by years end.

This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby balz » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:45 pm

Just bought today some Vienna Philarmonic at 45.55$ CDN... Crazy when you consider they buy them back at only 40.90$ CDN... But I agree with what has been said so far. In some years 50$ Silver will be the good old time.

I had over 50 oz. of silver bought at 5-6$ oz. years ago and sold them for fiat money. Worst decision ever. I won't do this mistake again and I am sure we will see 500$ oz. in some years.
balz
Penny Collector Member

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:05 pm

68Camaro wrote:Yeah - I think we're about to hit the big surge. Some months ago the consensus here was something would happen in Aug/Sep, and I think we've already seen the start of that in August with 1900 gold, and a lot of Sep is left. Timing predictions can never be perfect, so if we're off by a few months it doesn't change the result. The fundamentals are still building toward a rush, and I don't see that anything has changed over the past 4 months to alter the predictions made earlier this year. If anything it is all confirming of what was predicted. Shinnosuke has sent me a zerohedge article link that I have yet to read, and maybe he's already shared that in a thread that I haven't seen yet (I've been busy most of today), but I look forward to seeing what's in that.

There will be few good buying opportunities left at these levels.

Here's the link:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-post-commodities-look-set-rocket-higher
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:37 pm

If Ag goes rapidly to $75, chances are it will rapidly drop shortly thereafter. Maybe to $60, or $50. My question is if I sell half the stack at $75, will any physical be available at $50 or $60 in the following month?
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:19 pm

IdahoCopper wrote:If Ag goes rapidly to $75, chances are it will rapidly drop shortly thereafter. Maybe to $60, or $50. My question is if I sell half the stack at $75, will any physical be available at $50 or $60 in the following month?

Idaho, i dont know your situation, but i would strongly urge you to begin to regard silver as currency insurance, and never contemplate trading good silver, for paper fiat. To put that thought out of your mind. Maybe once silver hits the minor roadbump of $75, what says it will trade down to 50 to 60?....what if it cascades up to $130?

Silver, imo, should be stacked and saved to be used to buy assets that produce "things" that can be sold for more silver coins, just my take on the larger picture.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:55 am

neilgin1 wrote:
IdahoCopper wrote:If Ag goes rapidly to $75, chances are it will rapidly drop shortly thereafter. Maybe to $60, or $50. My question is if I sell half the stack at $75, will any physical be available at $50 or $60 in the following month?

Idaho, i dont know your situation, but i would strongly urge you to begin to regard silver as currency insurance, and never contemplate trading good silver, for paper fiat. To put that thought out of your mind. Maybe once silver hits the minor roadbump of $75, what says it will trade down to 50 to 60?....what if it cascades up to $130?

Silver, imo, should be stacked and saved to be used to buy assets that produce "things" that can be sold for more silver coins, just my take on the larger picture.

Yes, that is what I've always had in mind. I was just tempted to speculate and perhaps increase the stack. However you are correct, the risk is to high to play that game. Thanks.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:41 am

IdahoCopper wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:

Yes, that is what I've always had in mind. I was just tempted to speculate and perhaps increase the stack. However you are correct, the risk is to high to play that game. Thanks.

I sell my culls on perceived price spikes, and attempt to buy back BU on dips. That limits any sales to generally less than one percent of the stash. I'm not trying to improve the quantity, merely the quality.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:23 pm

i just got a feeling we're heading lower, mid 30's, maybe re-test that recent 33 low. been thinking, these large entities that use silver futures like an ATM, they can still prevail at their little game for two reasons, COMEX silver open interest is not deep and wide, and they have free e-money from the Fed.....and going lower might not be as bad as it sounds. Personally i wouldnt mind the potential opportunity to get ASE rolls at 700...OR even 600, as unthinkable as that sounds. have a good weekend. 9-11, ten years, honor the fallen, never forget. neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:27 pm

I would love to think so Neil, and will take advantage of it if they do, but I'm afraid they don't have the muscle anymore. I think they are having trouble keeping this in check, and are being satisfied with keeping prices under slowly growing target levels to avoid market panic.

At the moment there is still significant resistance to allowing paper PM prices to pass 1900 gold and 43 silver. (Of course I'm in the camp of the source of this as being artificial - it's not a real market - but that's a whole other set of threads.) They pulled off three more attacks today to keep prices at bay, despite the larger market crash, each time at critical points where the prices were getting ready to take off. Hats off to them for their expertise! Unfortunately for me they didn't quite kick it down enough to hit the first of my re-purchase buy points. (Dang! If they going to do this, I want them to do it right! So I can make more FRNs off of them.) The whole market is starting to shift up; even the major down attacks are having trouble getting silver down below 40, and to stay down for any length of time. And when they do this with off-market timing, and it won't stay down, it prevents me from taking advantage of it.
68Camaro

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:15 pm

68, yeh, i hear ya.........i dunno, i been watching the Dollar and the Euro trade, and for the first time in a LONG time, you can make money off of buying dollars and selling euro's. i havent seen that in 3 years..and some of these guys, institutional traders at banks, got used to using comex silver as an ATM machine by killing bulls. What it would mean is that you see the G/S ratio POSSIBLY go back to the 60-70 area, for a spell.....i dunno....its just a feeling, based on a lot of stuff that i dont want to bore you with....inside baseball stuff.

but it would be kind of neat to buy rolls of ASES at 600 the roll....IF we have one more deep down, i'm going to concentrate on ASES, I saw that Lucy Hayes proof half ounce Gold coin, and man that ole girl turned me on, but i dont have the FRN's to get her.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:35 am

nope. the markets trading like it doesnt want to go down, which means its going to go up. (doh!) 40.90 last basis Dec
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals