tomorrow seems like a good day to manipulate gold/silver

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

tomorrow seems like a good day to manipulate gold/silver

Postby kidman232 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:57 pm

no us stock market open with the holiday, will we see a foreign attack on metals during limited open market trading?
never enough silver
kidman232
Penny Collector Member

Re: tomorrow seems like a good day to manipulate gold/silver

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:12 am

There was a brief attempt in the early morning, probably London-done. They weren't very successful, yet.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby beauanderos » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:40 am

Looks successful to me. Knocked ten dollars off of gold and seventy five cents off of silver... and they aren't done yet.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:45 am

They affected the prices, temporarily, but when I noted lack of "success" its in that they failed to get gold below the previous close, and both are now coming well back off their lows. So it's a strong market, with buyers overtaking the shorts.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby slickeast » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:25 am

No explanation. Just my gut feeling. Tuesday Gold goes down $75 and Silver closes $1.75 down.

I think gold walks down all day. Silver drops $2.25 and climbs back to close $1.75 down.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:42 am

Since your my contrarian index Pete, I'll go with Gold hits 1950 and silver breaks 45 again... :)
68Camaro

Postby slickeast » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:41 am

Hummm, looking like a down day.
slickeast

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:40 am

Down day for overall market; Dow down 270 as I write this. I'm thinking it's an up day for PMs. They (TPTB) did due their best, three tries, to short the PM last night and night before, but it is overcoming them. Gold back over 1900 as I write this, and silver moving back up again as well.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:52 pm

slickeast wrote:No explanation. Just my gut feeling. Tuesday Gold goes down $75 and Silver closes $1.75 down.

I think gold walks down all day. Silver drops $2.25 and climbs back to close $1.75 down.

Day's not over yet and it didn't quite do the above, but you (so far) were closer to right than I was!

This was a big take-down attempt day - I did expect it, but didn't expect them to be so relentless about it. They kept on and on at it, all day.
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:20 pm

68Camaro wrote:
slickeast wrote:No explanation. Just my gut feeling. Tuesday Gold goes down $75 and Silver closes $1.75 down.

Day's not over yet and it didn't quite do the above, but you (so far) were closer to right than I was!

This was a big take-down attempt day - I did expect it, but didn't expect them to be so relentless about it. They kept on and on at it, all day.

Yeah... but they have to fill these shorts at some point, so it's a zero-sum game. Given time, the PM market will return to equilibrium, much higher than at present.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:30 pm

It has got to be disheartening to them to see gold STILL at or above 1880 and silver STILL above 42, after 4 significant attempts to create the same type of panic as they've been able to do in the past. There has clearly been a change in buyer mood, and they've got to be thinking about that. "Where do we go from here if people keep buying" has got to be running through their minds.
68Camaro

Postby slickeast » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:50 pm

Not as bad of a day as I thought it would be. I still think they are going to keep at it all week. 3 weeks from now we will be having talks about $2000 gold and $50 silver.
slickeast

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:54 pm

slickeast wrote:Not as bad of a day as I thought it would be. I still think they are going to keep at it all week. 3 weeks from now we will be having talks about $2000 gold and $50 silver.

I'm prepared to consider that you may be correct. May do some AM selling and prepare to re-buy, depending on what happens tonight.
68Camaro

Postby slickeast » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:11 am

Ok, it's taking 2 days to do the damage I thought would happen in 1. I still got the feeling that they will be swinging big hammers all week to see how much damage they can do.
slickeast

Postby Mossy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:51 am

They figured out how to drop both gold and silver by about 5% over the last three days, anyhow.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:08 pm

Well at this point i hope they can swing a couple more big hammers to drop the price a couple more bucks for a better reentry point to buy more.
68Camaro

Postby slickeast » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:33 pm

I am impressed with silvers resilience. It has climbed back up from the initial beatdown.
slickeast

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:42 pm

slickeast wrote:I am impressed with silvers resilience. It has climbed back up from the initial beatdown.

I suspect TPTB have to be a bit stunned also, though they have had an affect. But for all their work they've only knocked it down a buck and change over two days? Percentage wise that's 4ish percent. OK, they moved the market, but not by much. That's gotta have them wondering what they've got to do to make a serious dent in it. Again, I'm selflishly hoping they can move it a bit more during regular market hours for at least a few moments, down to at least 39, because I've got some buy orders that kick in at 39 and below. I outsmarted myself today and sold a chunk (at a profit, so I can't complain, but... my daughter held on, didn't sell, and she came out better for it - good for her) below where I should have, so I would like to reload on their nickel at a still lower price.
68Camaro

Postby slickeast » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:01 am

I am looking for gold to go into the $1700's and stay there today. You might get your $39 silver friday.

Still thinking that the 3rd week of sept will put gold at the $1950 range.
slickeast

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals