Money laundering joke

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Money laundering joke

Postby balz » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:59 pm

I recently bought some silver rounds after 4 years out of the business (well, after selling the silver I bought at 5$ for the double). 4-5 years ago it was plain easy: you go to Kitco, you bring cash, you give them your fiat paper and they give you the good.

Now, they have to file some paper with your name on it, your address, what you bought, etc.

Maybe I'm a parano, but I don't like people to know that I buy PM.

I may be parano, but I can't stop from imagining a black market of those sheets selling to burglars who then would know which home to hit.

And I'm not even talking about the government...

When I asked the teller why this change, he told me that was to fight money laundering. What a good laugh I had.
balz
Penny Collector Member

Re: Money laundering joke

Postby Pennysaved » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:14 pm

Sell on here; I doubt anyone on here is going to require that :-)
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:14 pm

The supply, both quantity and type, is sometimes limited in selection, but that's a great reason to interact here in that part of the forum. There are enough members that it's not unusual to find someone here wanting to rebalance what they have, for whatever reason. I don't own ANY gold or silver, of course, but if I did, I would say that I've gotten about half of what I don't have, here.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby balz » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:28 pm

I guys you people are right; however I live in Canada so I'm not sure if they result wouln't be the same importing silver or gold from USA...
balz
Penny Collector Member

Postby frugalcanuck » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:20 pm

That pissed me off too. I had to tell the currency exchange people what my job was. I got into an argument about it and then lied to them. Boarder security agents arent even allowed to ask that question. Next time Im asked that Im telling them Im unemployed and see if they still deal with me.

Canada is turning bad real quickly. Way too much security and stripping away individuals rights and building up of government and corporate rights.
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:25 pm

If you haven't noticed, there's no small number of Canadians on here, so while it isn't always obvious if you don't note your geography, and there won't be quite as much selection, there are people within your borders that you can buy/sell to/from without having to deal with the border issues.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Pennysaved » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:27 pm

Not saying I don't believe you about Cananda

But on CNBC, they are always saying how much better the Canadian banks and economy are doing than here.

I figured you guys were in way better shape than the U.S.
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Postby balz » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:28 pm

Of course or economy is stronger than US. But it will fail too. 85% of our economy is US-dependant; when US will fall, Canada will fall too.
balz
Penny Collector Member

Postby frugalcanuck » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:33 pm

Im not talking about the economy going down... Im talking about the quality of life and our rights and freedoms disapearing before our eyes.
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby didou » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:37 pm

balz wrote:Of course or economy is stronger than US. But it will fail too. 85% of our economy is US-dependant; when US will fall, Canada will fall too.

I agree 50% of our food imports come from the U.S. (Stats Canada), that doesn't include foods from India/China/...
That facts alone will crash the country if the U.S. go down. And i'm not counting all the oil we need to live (transportation of food, ..) is traded internationally with the U.S. dollar. All country are interconnected on a need to survive level, thanks to the globalization we all share the same faith.

And i'm not sure about the economy being stronger. In the last month, medical fee have increase A LOT (and many laws have changed about it), Quebec government change taxes laws to rip off 2.7 millions of us (33% of the population that have the less money) we now need to report where we live, who we are with and others changes in our lives at most 90 days from the change, the city where i live pass a law where you need to have your dog a handle or less it's a $2'000 fee (and it's not properly display on the parks) and you should see the statics of local group that give food to the unluckiest, request have triple in the last few month and don't get me started on fake unemployment number. (i had dozen of others example like that)

A large group of people, the poorest, have got huge impacts on their live. People are getting angry, tension are building and crime already has increase. Someone where i live make statistics about general happiness and rate the city from best place to live to worst, and the stats have changed a lot since around February. For the richer, they barely notice since the system is made for them and had protect them so far, that with the media brainwashing is enough to make them believe that everything is ok. But as time go a larger and larger percentage of the population end up in the poor categories.

It's going down very fast. We are as bad as the U.S. but we have a buffer to protect us, everything will happen here too just a little after everyone else.
An individual has rights only as long as he can defend them.
didou
Penny Collector Member

Postby Nickelmeister » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:13 pm

68Camaro wrote:If you haven't noticed, there's no small number of Canadians on here, so while it isn't always obvious if you don't note your geography, and there won't be quite as much selection, there are people within your borders that you can buy/sell to/from without having to deal with the border issues.

I can deal with fellow Canucks in a more private matter. PM me.
Standing offer: BUYING Canadian junk silver at 90% melt. PM me to lock in price and quantity.
Nickelmeister
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals